300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of State LEO visiting California (LA) for a gun shooting class

Coming to California (LA) this weekend for a shooting class. I have not a clue what gun I can bring what to do about hicap magazines etc etc etc. Not looking to go out of town and end up in jail. What can and what cant I do?

If you’re a full time sworn officer from another state, it is very unlikely anyone will bust your balls over any handgun such as a Glock 17, 19, 21, 22, 23, 30, 34, 35, 41, or M&P 2.0 or any 1911. No one I know has even been checked for their normal capacity magazines either, especially sworn law enforcement. The only hiccup might be if you bring a rifle into the state such as an AR-15, AUG, SCAR, or the like that is not registered in California. Local law enforcement likely won’t bother you, but DOJ frowns on it.

Now if you are coming on official Department business, or training, it should all be ok.

Comment

Any Calif. cop that would try to enforce one of these absolutely BS gun and mag capacity laws on a honest law abiding citizen needs to have his badge shoved where the sun don't shine.
      Retired LASD

Comment

For Realz...
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

We don't have guns in California. It's like the UK.
          Other officer: Oh that's right, I forgot, you're God's gift to police work.
          Me: At least someone recognizes it.

Turns out basic police work isn't so hard, you just have to leave the station.

Comment

As long as you keep the powder seperate from the musket, you are GTG. Otherwise, you’ll be deported for having a firearm newer that 1856.

Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8661 users online. 472 members and 8189 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X