Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Serious Political Question

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A Serious Political Question

    I don't know the best way to ask this so I'm just going to ask it straight up.

    Has the Democratic party of this state bought the LE community votes?


    I'm not necessarily looking for written replies. Poll answers are more important to me.


    Thank You



    P.S. When setting up poll I chose option to NOT make poll votes public.
    18
    Yes
    38.89%
    7
    No
    61.11%
    11
    Last edited by JPR; 04-24-2007, 11:51 AM.
    Jubilant Patriotic Republican

    America gave Obama the benefit of the doubt when they elected him. Obama is now giving America the doubt of the benefit of his governance......Change you can bereave in!..JPR

  • #2
    I was a registered Democrat in CA from 1963 until 1995. Since I did not follow the prescribed platform that the CDP felt I should, I decided it would be better to re-register with the Republican Party. Should have done so long ago. The CDP is full of the ULTRA Liberals and are not willing to modify or alter their thinking in any topic. It is all their way or forget it!!!! They never did buy my vote.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

    Comment


    • #3
      Still democrat and PROUD( just alittle disgusted these days with the wishy washy and WIMPY stance of the party- what happended to the Party of Roosevelt and Kennedy?????) we've become "punks" instead .and since when did the Republicans become the party of the "working man" when all they've ever done was steal from his pockets( giving a puny tax break of two here and there is NOT the same as looking out for the workers)ther needs to be a revolution in the Democratic party-we need to go back to the days of "strong shouldered laborers" and tough family men- not panty waste day care mommy men kissing butt to psycho feminist man haters.......
      "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DOAcop38
        Still democrat and PROUD( just alittle disgusted these days with the wishy washy and WIMPY stance of the party- what happended to the Party of Roosevelt and Kennedy?????) we've become "punks" instead .and since when did the Republicans become the party of the "working man" when all they've ever done was steal from his pockets( giving a puny tax break of two here and there is NOT the same as looking out for the workers)ther needs to be a revolution in the Democratic party-we need to go back to the days of "strong shouldered laborers" and tough family men- not panty waste day care mommy men kissing butt to psycho feminist man haters.......

        Your kidding right? The dems have always worked to give your and my money away to the non-working welfare cases. The dems are the one's giving our State away to the illegal immigrants. The dems are the liberals that are suing cops and taking away flashlights and all the other assorted BS. The democrats of yesteryear that you mentioned are from another time where there was more honor and responsibility in this Country.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by hbliam View Post
          Your kidding right? The dems have always worked to give your and my money away to the non-working welfare cases. The dems are the one's giving our State away to the illegal immigrants. The dems are the liberals that are suing cops and taking away flashlights and all the other assorted BS. The democrats of yesteryear that you mentioned are from another time where there was more honor and responsibility in this Country.

          ...AND THATS THE PARTY I WISH WOULD RETURN (SIGH...) On a lighter note- have to go with the Demos as far as working for the city of L.A.- they crap on us regularly ,but they tend to give us raises regularly.LAST conservative we had in local control- (LAPD,LAXPD,LAFD,PORT PD) didn't see a raise for nearly 5 yrs-and we're talking cost of living only.Plus hate to see what a republican leader like San Diegos' mayor get control of everything-very bad
          "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

          Comment


          • #6
            My .02 is as follows:

            The democrats only buy the police "union" votes. Police unions, my own included, flock to the democrats like all other unions as they promise the worker's paradise. For that, we all pay the price by higher taxes, while their judicial appointees make it more difficult to imprison and execute criminals.

            Whenever a politician says they "have the support of rank and file police officers," I don't buy it. The police "union" executives are just trading endorsements for their next/retirement jobs on the parole board, POST Commission, etc.

            Most cops I know, talk and vote conservative. They wince when our union endorses these idiots like Jerry Brown. Many of our officers quit our union when it endorsed Jerry Brown for Governor in the late 70's...and never returned. Police unions endorse candidates on labor-management issues, not on law and order issues.

            Whenever a (D) candidate says they, "have the support of rank and file police officers," please don't buy it right away. Only the union true believers do, and probably not the street cops.

            And, if I may add, it's no bargain whenever a (R) candidate says they, "have the support of Sheriffs and Police Chiefs!" Hold onto your back-side, as the Sheriffs and Chiefs are being told by that candidate, "Gosh, Mr. L.E. Executive, it's too bad you can't suspend or fire your cops, at will, let me see what I can do about that pesky Peace Officer's Bill of Rights!
            Last edited by Kieth M.; 04-25-2007, 11:42 PM.
            "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

            Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

            Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

            Comment


            • #7
              Both parties in CA suck. The democrats are ultra liberal, and the republicans are ultra conservative. California as a whole is fairly moderate/centrist (with certain areas then lean to one extreme or the other).

              We would be a lot better off if both parties moved towards the middle. The republican party here also is highly controlled by people on the religious right, which is why i think the republicans lost control of the state. The give lip service to big issues like illegal immigration, while they give tax cuts and breaks to big business.

              The democrats are no different, except substitute big business for unions, and they just have the opposite stance on each issue republicans have.

              Not to mention the districts have been jerry rigged so much (by both parties) the parties pick the elected officials, not the voters.
              Except Tony Young, the ghetto councilman. He's good.
              Even though i am a republican, I will likely never vote for a R in a local election again. They ruined our city government and police force. DOA cop mentioned Jerry Sanders. I hate him with a passion.
              Get low, get ground, get tactical! Sprawl! Sprawl! Sprawl!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by nobody33 View Post
                Not to mention the districts have been jerry rigged so much (by both parties) the parties pick the elected officials, not the voters.
                Except Tony Young, the ghetto councilman. He's good.
                Even though i am a republican, I will likely never vote for a R in a local election again. They ruined our city government and police force. DOA cop mentioned Jerry Sanders. I hate him with a passion.
                Ditto- folks like dianne "big hat " watson and local county crooks like Gloria "import illegals to do manual labor" Molina and "Yvonne"crack conspiracy" Burke- they are little more than THIEVES who pimp the local "sheep" of old Blks and latinos into voting for them to keep them in power,under the guise that they'll "protect the oppressed against the MAN"-WTF !!!!! I remember recently when a niave,and good intentioned candidate-who just happened to make the "mistake" of being White and republican- ran for a seat in the L.A. unified school district.That candidate actually had some DAMN good ideas-but local Demos tore them to shreds !!!! all to keep the status qou.God forbid an independent party ever comes to power here.I'm a democrat,but give me anyone-ind.rep/dem/ greens/amer.commie,who'll come up with a decent platform ,and you can have my "useless" vote
                "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

                Comment


                • #9
                  I will vote Republican until a Democrat will vote for death penalties for cop killers. When the Democrats will wake up and admit that illegal aliens are just that, illegal and should be tossed out. When a Democrat will attend a cop's funeral. Last 3 deputy funerals I attended, Gloria Molina and Zev Yaroslavsky were no where to be seen, but Mike Antonovich was there and gave wonderful statements. And one of the deputies killed was NOT in Mr. Antonovich's district, but in Molina's! I have never, never seen the Democrat's on the LA County Board of Supervisors puch for officer/deputie's causes, be they pay raises or hiring pushes. But ask one of those supervisors if they want to give up their LASD protection/driver and they will be the first to cry over it. Oh, and why does Gloria Molina need a CCW, but nobody else in LA County needs one?
                  Carpe Noctem

                  Comment

                  MR300x250 Tablet

                  Collapse

                  What's Going On

                  Collapse

                  There are currently 9892 users online. 470 members and 9422 guests.

                  Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                  Welcome Ad

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X