300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Recently Recertified My Basic Post Certificate

I Graduated From A Cal. Post Certified Academy In 1995 But Do To Being Reactivated In The Military It Had Lapsed. I Just Recertified It Thru Orange County Sheriffs Department. Is Their Anyone Out Their That Is Aware Of A Department In California That Would Either Consider Me A Lateral Or A Department That Would Not Require Me To Attend Another Academy??

It's poor form to post your questions two and three times on the same forum.

Answer? Countless departments will accept a POST waiver. Start hitting the websites and reading up.
    Last edited by hbliam; 04-21-2007, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Cross-poster, I too re-certified my Advanced POST through OCSD. My applications were accepted as a lateral for each of the handful of OC agencies I applied with. Only one would not consider me a lateral. I nearly completed the process with two OC agencies, but got hired on with a third instead.

FWIW, that third agency did not want to accept me as a lateral in the final stages of the process, but my persuasiveness won the day.

PM me if you want the specific agencies.

PS--Which academy did you go through in 1995. There's a night-and-day perception of dichotomy between an academy like OCSD and one like LAPD or Golden West. Not saying it's right or wrong, just simply saying that is my observation.

PPS-- Even if you aren't taken as a lateral, there are a bunch of agencies (I can think of Santa Ana and Anaheim off the top of my pointed head) that hire "academy graduates" and their recruitment bulletins state as much.

EDJ
      Last edited by ElDiabloJoe; 04-21-2007, 07:43 PM.
      "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

I Graduated From College Of The Redwoods Police Academy Up In Northern Ca. It Isnt Well Known Down. I Had Not Worked As A Le Officer Before Though. I Was Told By West Covina That They Would Pick Me Up And Not Have To Attend A Basic Academy, Then When I Get Into Meet With The Dept. It Changed Apparently The Chief Thought That The Recert. I Completed With Ocsd Was Not Sufficient! So Here I Am. I Would Like To Know Of The Local Depts In Orange/la /riverside/or San Bernardino Countys Or Whatever You Can Provide, I Would Greatly Appreciate It.

Comment

Sure, two things:

1. Like mentioned in one of your other many repeated posts spread across several sub-forums, DOACop gave you excellent advice, some of which I parroted in my post above.

2. AnyWay To Not Have You Type So That Every Single Word Is Capitalized?

EDJ
          "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

Your Advise Is Noted

Comment

Originally posted by davjon14
              Your Advise Is Noted
              And apparently ignored as you continued to type in that hard-to-read format.

PS--It's "ADVICE" not 'advise'. Are you sure you got past the written?

EDJ

Comment

Originally posted by ElDiabloJoe
                And apparently ignored as you continued to type in that hard-to-read format.

PS--It's "ADVICE" not 'advise'. Are you sure you got past the written?

EDJ
                EDJ, he's typing in all caps and the forum softwear turns that into the annoying every-word-is-capitalized font you see here.

Comment

Originally posted by leif
                  EDJ, he's typing in all caps and the forum softwear turns that into the annoying every-word-is-capitalized font you see here.
                  OIC. Thanks for the intel :thumbsup:

EDJ

Comment

oic, thanks for it was driving me nuts too!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4392 users online. 266 members and 4126 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X