300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State Park Peace Officer (Ranger)

Anyone attending the PAT scheduled on the 22nd?

Going to practice on my swimming this week, wanted to see how others are preparing for the test.

Originally posted by VC805 View Post
    Anyone attending the PAT scheduled on the 22nd?

Going to practice on my swimming this week, wanted to see how others are preparing for the test.
    Seems like crickets.
    working for the state has its perks. Hav you considered the Highway Patrol? As someone who has a degree in the environmental sciences, I feel my time with the CHP will set me up nicely for the future. A bit of time ago, the head ranger of Yosemite was a retired CHP captain.

Comment

• GGD_CHP
      GGD_CHP commented
      Editing a comment
      CHP Resident Posts offer very unique opportunities. Not all of them are so remote that you rarely interact with people. For example, Coastal Division (the CHP division that covers Ventura County and the rest of the Central Coast) only has one resident post, which is Big Sur. The Big Sur Resident Post has a lot of interaction with the public as PCH is well traveled. that officer gets to watch the sun set over the pacific every day of his life.

I've also known RP officers who have worked in places like Point Arena (look it up). they worked closely with wardens, rangers, deputies and task force type dope cops.

point being, there are a lot of opportunities to seek out the type of activity/enforcement that suits you. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask or PM me.

• VC805
      VC805 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

Point Arena looks amazing! I took a drive many years ago up to the little town of Gualala; something about those coastal towns up north just completely reinvigorate the soul. Such beauty!

Thanks for bringing the CHP resident posts to my attention. Definitely something to explore more of.

• GGD_CHP
      GGD_CHP commented
      Editing a comment
      youre welcome. if you are interested, the current testing cycle for coastal division closes 01/07/09 with testing (PAT and Written) occurring on 03/23/19. The entire application is on-line and fairly streamlined. Follow: https://recruitment.chp.ca.gov

• VC805
      VC805 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for supplying the link! Will for sure be considering it!

Did the AG’s Office revoke State Parks’s ability to carry off roster weapons because they “didn’t do enough Police like work”?
    Last edited by RGDS; 09-16-2018, 10:38 PM. Reason: This was a rumor I heard.
    semper destravit

Comment

Originally posted by GGD_CHP View Post

Seems like crickets.
      working for the state has its perks. Hav you considered the Highway Patrol? As someone who has a degree in the environmental sciences, I feel my time with the CHP will set me up nicely for the future. A bit of time ago, the head ranger of Yosemite was a retired CHP captain.
      Did the captain from CHP earn that prior to being 37? Was the ranger spot a sworn ranger? Only ask because the feds cut hiring for full time safety postions i.e. LEO rangers and fire at age 37 due to retirement.

I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Originally posted by moparfan View Post

Did the captain from CHP earn that prior to being 37? Was the ranger spot a sworn ranger? Only ask because the feds cut hiring for full time safety postions i.e. LEO rangers and fire at age 37 due to retirement.
        this was years ago, so I could not tell you one way or another. But it is not inconceivable to reach the rank of captain prior to the age of 37.

Comment

• moparfan
          moparfan commented
          Editing a comment
          That's crazy scary. That's a book smart person with little time on the streets

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11608 users online. 423 members and 11185 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X