300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling to CA with a firearm

I use to live in Ca, but moved to Nevada a Year ago. Since then I have bought a glock 23 and have 13 round magazines for it.

I think that CA has a 10 round mag limit.

I am driving back down to CA to visit family, and want to take my glock with me not only for protection but there are a lot of indoor ranges and me and my brother are going to go shooting there.

Can I legally bring my 13 round mags into CA? Should I bring my 1911 and 7 round mags instead?

How do I travel with them when I cross into CA? I do not have a carry permit so it will still be packed but I want to be able to get to relatively fast as well.

I figured I would post this here instead of ask a cop as its CA related.

Originally posted by chbix
    I use to live in Ca, but moved to Nevada a Year ago. Since then I have bought a glock 23 and have 13 round magazines for it.

I think that CA has a 10 round mag limit.

I am driving back down to CA to visit family, and want to take my glock with me not only for protection but there are a lot of indoor ranges and me and my brother are going to go shooting there.

Can I legally bring my 13 round mags into CA? Should I bring my 1911 and 7 round mags instead?

How do I travel with them when I cross into CA? I do not have a carry permit so it will still be packed but I want to be able to get to relatively fast as well.

I figured I would post this here instead of ask a cop as its CA related.
    you can't bring your 13 rnd mags in CA, unless you're LEO.
    carry in locked case (unloaded), seperate from ammo, and in trunk. so basically you won't be able to get it fast. lol..

Comment

so i gotta either buy some 10rnds or bring the 1911..... great. Thanks for the information

Comment

car jacking

Remember,

If you should have an attempted car jacking to ask the would be car jacker to give you a few minutes to retrieve your firearm.

Wait a minute, ask Senators Feinstien and Boxer if you can use their concealed weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by novmike
          Remember,

If you should have an attempted car jacking to ask the would be car jacker to give you a few minutes to retrieve your firearm.

Wait a minute, ask Senators Feinstien and Boxer if you can use their concealed weapon.
          LOL

and LOL again to meet the 10-char min....

Comment

I've have noticed at the public range I often see people with "high capacity magazines " there. I wondered if they were legal but I didn't ask any of them. Then yesterday when I was there, I overheard one of them talking to a guy who did ask one of them. The guy who had the high capacity magazine told the other guy that possession of a high capacity magazine wasn't illegal. You just can't buy, sell, give or loan them. That seemed odd to me (but then many of my state's gun control laws seem odd to me) so I went online and researched it (see below). Based on what i could find it appears to me he was correct.

If I'm reading it correctly it also puts me at ease because I own a .22 rifle that has a 14 round tubular magazine. It appears an exception to the law was made making that ok if I'm reading it correctly.

I guess what makes it illegal for our Nevada friend to bring a hi cap mag into the state is he would in effect be "importing " it?

A large capacity magazine means any ammunition feeding device with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds, but shall not be construed to include a feeding device that has been permanently altered so that it cannot accommodate more than 10 rounds, a tubular magazine that is contained in a lever-action firearm, or a .22 caliber tube ammunition feeding device. (Penal Code § 12020(c)(25).)
            It is unlawful for any person to manufacture, cause to be manufactured, import into the state, keep for sale, or offer or expose for sale, or give or lend, any large-capacity magazine. (Penal Code § 12020(a)(2).)
            Jubilant Patriotic Republican

America gave Obama the benefit of the doubt when they elected him. Obama is now giving America the doubt of the benefit of his governance......Change you can bereave in!..JPR

Comment

yes it's importing a hi cap from nevada is a big no no
              your .22 rifle is ok

that guy is either LE, had it pre-2000, or got it the illegal way

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5642 users online. 351 members and 5291 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X