300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCSD Academy Physical Quesiton

I'm not too worried about pushups, situps, and the like. My concern is with running and my question is what is a good cardio baseline prior to entering the academy. I can run about 5 miles at a pace of between 8:30 to 9:00 and my last 1.5 mile run (albeit a long time ago as I've only concentrated on distance running) is about 11:30 to 12:00. Am I "academy-ready" or should I seriously murder my legs and get that 5 mile time even further down? I feel like I've hit a wall with my pace despite increasing distance.

OC is not a running academy like LA. You may have instructors who like running so you will run more but they are usually about 3 miles at a 830 pace.

The PT heavily involves circuits and the obstacle course followed by a “distance run.” The sessions are about 3 hours .

Newport Beach PD has a good training guide on their website that I recommend you be able to do. I’d mix 400 meter sprint intervals with normal calisthenics and that will be fine. YouTube has a video showing the proper way to do the academy exercises so you don’t hurt yourself. While they are basic, doing hundreds of reps when your tired can cause you to do weird things.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11386 users online. 437 members and 10949 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X