300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ontario Police Department

Somewhat new to the forum been snooping around for bit but was wondering if anybody has info on the Ontario Police Department? Is it a good department to work? I know there has been posts about it before but they're somewhat old. Any info would be nice. Currently waiting for them to put a job posting up. Missed the last one. Also thinking about doing San Bernardino Sheriff as well. Thanks.

It's a lateral heavy department. Really picky when it comes to picking up recruits. Pay is decent for the IE. I've heard good things about the dept. Good equipment, schedules, etc. The city is pretty big and growing. With their acquisition of the airport as far as providing law enforcement services for it, they have been expanding the department as well. Overall a good department with a good benefit and incentive package.
    sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    -George Orwell

Comment

I did their citizens academy a few years ago and was really impressed so I kind of know what they do but wanted to see if anybody had any 'inside' info so to speak. Too bad I missed their last hiring posting. Hopefully they're hiring again soon. Don't know how often they put postings.

Comment

Looks like Ontario Police Department is putting another posting starting June 4th to 15th. I'll apply to that and the San Bernardino Sheriffs and see what happens. Wish me luck.

Comment

From what I can gather, morale is good, pay is getting better and the city has a good tax revenue. I applied for a lateral position recently after several years with another department, however got the axe. I believe a 4 year degree is a requirement, even though stated otherwise. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by cruz0311 View Post
            It's a lateral heavy department. Really picky when it comes to picking up recruits. Pay is decent for the IE. I've heard good things about the dept. Good equipment, schedules, etc. The city is pretty big and growing. With their acquisition of the airport as far as providing law enforcement services for it, they have been expanding the department as well. Overall a good department with a good benefit and incentive package.
            cruz0311 is right about OPD being a lateral heavy department, especially now as they're growing. I've worked with them on several occasions, and their guys attest to this.

You'll do well to start in SB Sheriff's or Riverside Sheriff's prior to lateralling over. These agencies are where most of the laterals are coming from. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Dman1989 View Post
              Somewhat new to the forum been snooping around for bit but was wondering if anybody has info on the Ontario Police Department? Is it a good department to work? I know there has been posts about it before but they're somewhat old. Any info would be nice. Currently waiting for them to put a job posting up. Missed the last one. Also thinking about doing San Bernardino Sheriff as well. Thanks.
              I just saw their hiring notice on Instagram. They are accepting applications until June 15. www.ontariopdcareers.com

Comment

• Dman1989
                Dman1989 commented
                Editing a comment
                I know I made a comment about it already

I applied to the posting. Hopefully I qualify enough for them and get an invite to the written test. Any advice for the test and the process as a whole?

Comment

Real interested in lateralling here in about 6 months. Anyone know what morale is like? What about city politics? Is the MOU decent compared to area agencies?

Comment

Applied and hoping my reserve status at another agency gives me an edge.....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13703 users online. 500 members and 13203 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X