Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racil profiling law AB 953

Title should be Racial Profiling.....

Don't know how many have seen this new law that goes into effect soon. The bill would require an agency that employs 1,000 or more peace officers to issue its first annual report by April 1, 2019. The bill would require an agency that employs 667 or more but less than 1,000 peace officers to issue its first annual report by April 1, 2020. The bill would require an agency that employs 334 or more but less than 667 peace officers to issue its first annual report by April 1, 2022. The bill would require an agency that employs one or more but less than 334 peace officers to issue its first annual report by April 1, 2023.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...201520160AB953

The form we have is two full pages or one front and back. Asks all the info on any traffic cite plus:
    (1) The time, date, and location of the stop.
    (2) The reason for the stop.
    (3) The result of the stop, such as, no action, warning, citation, property seizure, or arrest.
    (4) If a warning or citation was issued, the warning provided or violation cited.
    (5) If an arrest was made, the offense charged.
    (6) The perceived race or ethnicity, gender, and approximate age of the person stopped, provided that the identification of these characteristics shall be based on the observation and perception of the peace officer making the stop, and the information shall not be requested from the person stopped. For motor vehicle stops, this paragraph only applies to the driver, unless any actions specified under paragraph (7) apply in relation to a passenger, in which case the characteristics specified in this paragraph shall also be reported for him or her.
    (7) Actions taken by the peace officer during the stop, including, but not limited to, the following:
    (A) Whether the peace officer asked for consent to search the person, and, if so, whether consent was provided.
    (B) Whether the peace officer searched the person or any property, and, if so, the basis for the search and the type of contraband or evidence discovered, if any.
    (C) Whether the peace officer seized any property and, if so, the type of property that was seized and the basis for seizing the property.
    Last edited by moparfan; 05-18-2018, 08:39 AM.
    I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

No stops for me. I’m too busy attending gender relation training, awareness, bias, coffee with a cop, CIT, etc. I’m too busy to patrol.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

RIPA!

I heard the first draft was 12 pages long for each contact (call for service, car stops, ped stops, flag downs, etc).

should be fun! I can’t wait to sit in my patrol car and fill these out (it doesn’t say, I read this is an electronic form. No paper copies)!
      semper destravit

Comment

Sounds like a consent decree

Comment

I participated in the trial run. It was a giant pain in the arse.

Comment

We have been doing this a long time for traffic. It's digital on the computer. Takes about 1 min. It still sucks thou. Now we will have to do it for more stops. I'm colorblind racially so it's very difficult for me to be accurate in that regard.

Comment

I say develope a wheel with all the options. Spin it before starting shift. Whatever it lands on that what you thought.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

We have had “stop profiles” that we have to complete after car and ped stops. These forms answer most of the questions in RIPA and it’s electronic but not compatible with anything else.

The whole “Officers perception” is already getting very sophomoric responses. Lots of people are going to be “unclassified race/unclassified gender” because it exposes your privilege to assume anything about the individual you detained. That, or similar to the wheel concept, on Monday everyone is the race at the top of the list, Tuesday-next one down and so on, regardless of what the person actually is.
                semper destravit

Comment

Is there an Upper Class and Lower Class selection? It IS Silicon Valley after all...
                  Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• RGDS
                    RGDS commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Have and have not.

How do you classify a house in a gang neighborhood that goes for a million dollars?

Smile and wave.

Comment

• moparfan
                    moparfan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Make sure the wave is elbow elbow wrist wrist

Originally posted by moparfan View Post
                  Title should be Racial Profiling.....

Don't know how many have seen this new law that goes into effect soon. The bill would require an agency that employs 1,000 or more peace officers to issue its first annual report by April 1, 2019. The bill would require an agency that employs 667 or more but less than 1,000 peace officers to issue its first annual report by April 1, 2020. The bill would require an agency that employs 334 or more but less than 667 peace officers to issue its first annual report by April 1, 2022. The bill would require an agency that employs one or more but less than 334 peace officers to issue its first annual report by April 1, 2023.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...201520160AB953

The form we have is two full pages or one front and back. Asks all the info on any traffic cite plus:
                  (1) The time, date, and location of the stop.
                  (2) The reason for the stop.
                  (3) The result of the stop, such as, no action, warning, citation, property seizure, or arrest.
                  (4) If a warning or citation was issued, the warning provided or violation cited.
                  (5) If an arrest was made, the offense charged.
                  (6) The perceived race or ethnicity, gender, and approximate age of the person stopped, provided that the identification of these characteristics shall be based on the observation and perception of the peace officer making the stop, and the information shall not be requested from the person stopped. For motor vehicle stops, this paragraph only applies to the driver, unless any actions specified under paragraph (7) apply in relation to a passenger, in which case the characteristics specified in this paragraph shall also be reported for him or her.
                  (7) Actions taken by the peace officer during the stop, including, but not limited to, the following:
                  (A) Whether the peace officer asked for consent to search the person, and, if so, whether consent was provided.
                  (B) Whether the peace officer searched the person or any property, and, if so, the basis for the search and the type of contraband or evidence discovered, if any.
                  (C) Whether the peace officer seized any property and, if so, the type of property that was seized and the basis for seizing the property.
                  ... hmmmm.. I guess they didn't know that info is ALREADY listed on:

1) Personal service citations ("movers")

2) Arrest reports

3) field interview cards

4) Officers patrol logs

,, and most depts. list this info in their annual crime stats anyway.

God Bless CA- where felons are heroes( and movie stars. rappers, internet personalities), its okay to **** and crap on sidewalk ( not nice neighborhoods like where Gavin and Kamala live though) and everything legal and legit is wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by LAXcop178 View Post

... hmmmm.. I guess they didn't know that info is ALREADY listed on:

1) Personal service citations ("movers")

2) Arrest reports

3) field interview cards

4) Officers patrol logs

,, and most depts. list this info in their annual crime stats anyway.

God Bless CA- where felons are heroes( and movie stars. rappers, internet personalities), its okay to **** and crap on sidewalk ( not nice neighborhoods like where Gavin and Kamala live though) and everything legal and legit is wrong...
                    All this bill wants to do is drone guys in paperwork stopping them from wanting to do any proactive police work. My department took it a step further on our citations. Beside the fact that the date is on the top line of the cite they added the date next to the signature line where we put our name and employee number. Why have 2 date lines is beyond me.

But back to this bill, I think we should all take it a step further. Have the person we stop initial the form. Have them read it and see what the government wants us to fill out. It's basically baiting all law enforcement officers into racial profiling.

Even as old as LASD's CAD system is it has all the indicated info this bill wants.

Comment

Originally posted by moparfan View Post

All this bill wants to do is drone guys in paperwork stopping them from wanting to do any proactive police work. My department took it a step further on our citations. Beside the fact that the date is on the top line of the cite they added the date next to the signature line where we put our name and employee number. Why have 2 date lines is beyond me.

But back to this bill, I think we should all take it a step further. Have the person we stop initial the form. Have them read it and see what the government wants us to fill out. It's basically baiting all law enforcement officers into racial profiling.

Even as old as LASD's CAD system is it has all the indicated info this bill wants.
                      The two date thing came up recently here at traffic court too. It's because some smart defense attorney got the judges to think citations are essentially an affidavit and then by law require a signature and date from the officer.

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyjr View Post

The two date thing came up recently here at traffic court too. It's because some smart defense attorney got the judges to think citations are essentially an affidavit and then by law require a signature and date from the officer.
                        seriously?!?!? That's retarded. Since when do you cite for something in the past, I always figured the date would be covered. But like you said a smart *** attorney stumped a judge

Comment

Yes, my department participates in this. We have to complete this lame *** RIPA questionnaire after each proactive stop or if we detained or arrested someone. It's a pain in the *** and adds to more paperwork we already have to do. Ultimately, I just suck it up and do it...and think to myself, what a waste of time and money. They say it takes approx 90 seconds to complete...****...it takes about 90 seconds just to open or sign on to the dam program. Hell, I just do it and think...well, this is what the taxpayers want...and well...guess it's going to delay my response time to the next call cause I have to complete this dam RIPA.
                          "Think about the consequences before you mess with a Deputy Sheriff."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13703 users online. 500 members and 13203 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X