300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Previous Background Investigations

If you've already had a completed background investigation completed, (in fact I have had 2 completed with different agencies), why cant the third investigation with a different agency speed up the process of hiring. Why do we have to wait 4-6 months again?

Shouldn't recent completed background checks help speed up the process?

Mike

Every agency does business differently and has a different culture. They also have different standards.

Comment

Agencies can share backgrounds provided that you sign the appropriate release. However, California's POST requires that the receiving agency independently reconfirm whatever information they receive from the providing agency.

For further info see: http://www.post.ca.gov/selection/bim/bi.pdf
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Sd Sheriff

I was hoping to make the July academy for SDSD, but it looks like the next one after that. I think it's in Oct/Nov.

I guess I'll start beginning martial arts training and continue to run.

Comment

Originally posted by novmike
          I guess I'll start beginning martial arts training and continue to run.

Not knocking any martial arts training but if you are going to start it to help you prepare for the academy, aikido is about the only one (i know of) with similarities to the D Tac that you'll get in the academy.

Comment

Originally posted by kcr
            Not knocking any martial arts training but if you are going to start it to help you prepare for the academy, aikido is about the only one (i know of) with similarities to the D Tac that you'll get in the academy.
            Here we go again
            "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

I thought there was both a time limit, and a restriction on holding on to those packets. Not to mention space limits.

I thought they were shredded.

Slightly off topic, but I was at a class attended by some BP dispatchers....they have to resubmit a background package every three years.
              Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Off Topic

I'm not sure what people are posting on the topic I started.

RIP to all those Law Enforcement Officers who have lost their lives in the line of duty.

RIP to my fellow brothers, (MARINES) who have died since the founding of the Marine Corps (1775).

I was just curious why different departments don't use other departments back ground checks to make hiring faster.

Mike
                USMC/RET.

Comment

Originally posted by novmike
                  I was just curious why different departments don't use other departments back ground checks to make hiring faster.
                  Sometimes background investigators screw up. They may misinterpret something as being negative when it is not, or may fail to find existing derogatory information. A couple of years ago we fired one of our backgrounds investigators because she was too lazy to do the work and just made stuff up. She indicated she visited businesses that had been closed for years and spoke to people who died long before the date of her interviews. As a result of her conduct we wound up giving badges to several gangbangers.

To avoid problems like this, California's Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training requires that each agency conduct their own investigation. Agencies can share backgrounds and that does speed up the process by identifying potentially disqualifying data or clarifying information regarding an applicant. However, to ensure accuracy and thoroughness, the receiving agency independently still must reconfirm whatever information they receive from the providing agency.

For further info see: http://www.post.ca.gov/selection/bim/bi.pdf
                  Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Right On Target

That was the answer I was looking for along.

Thank you

Mike

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5093 users online. 284 members and 4809 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X