300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LA PORT Police officer questions

So I would like to apply for LA port police officer and airport police officer and was wondering how the whole process works for them? I wen to their website and it said you had to take the online test to determine if you were qualified and etc. Well I took it and I am qualified. My question is I would like to do the expedited test process because I am out of state. Any tips or anything on how to go about and get this started is appreciated. Thanks

Originally posted by toyota
    So I would like to apply for LA port police officer and airport police officer and was wondering how the whole process works for them? I wen to their website and it said you had to take the online test to determine if you were qualified and etc. Well I took it and I am qualified. My question is I would like to do the expedited test process because I am out of state. Any tips or anything on how to go about and get this started is appreciated. Thanks
    PM DOACOP38. He works LAXPD.

Comment

Originally posted by toyota
      Its virtually the same thing as LAPD, GSD or LAXPD.

www.lacity.org/per and follow the links to the selection process. The only difference is that they, LA Port Police, train at Rio Hondo...although that will not be the case in a few months. Good Luck.

Yes, you do want to go expedited so you only have to come out here 2 times. Also, you can apply for the LAPD, GSD and LAX along with your port app. for a better chance.
      LAPD

Comment

Edited out my previous question... I just checked the LAPD Blog and saw that the police commission minutes indicate Port PD will now train at LAPD academy.
        Last edited by Stugotz; 04-06-2007, 09:42 PM.
        Focused Recruit

Comment

Originally posted by Berlioz
          Its virtually the same thing as LAPD, GSD or LAXPD.

www.lacity.org/per and follow the links to the selection process. The only difference is that they, LA Port Police, train at Rio Hondo...although that will not be the case in a few months. Good Luck.

Yes, you do want to go expedited so you only have to come out here 2 times. Also, you can apply for the LAPD, GSD and LAX along with your port app. for a better chance.
          If say you do apply for all three, and get dq'd on one, does that mean you are dq'd from all?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisfnrb7
            If say you do apply for all three, and get dq'd on one, does that mean you are dq'd from all?
            Depends on what it is you get DQ'ed for .and expect DQs for criminal stuff,credit,and driving history ,as well as medical ( despite the fact that there have been some serious "porcine" types passing) and psych.Say you take the poly and pass- you have then "passed" for each Dept.contact LAXPD backgrounds at 310-646-0500,as they may be able to help you.
            as for the L.A. Port PD??they have a long history of training at LASD academy and it will be interesting to see them break "tradition" and go with LAPD training like the REST of the city units(LAPD,LAXPD,GSDPD).It is my opinion that during Brattons "2nd term" either LAPD or the L.A. police commission will control everyone.....
            "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

Originally posted by DOAcop38
              Depends on what it is you get DQ'ed for .and expect DQs for criminal stuff,credit,and driving history ,as well as medical ( despite the fact that there have been some serious "porcine" types passing) and psych.Say you take the poly and pass- you have then "passed" for each Dept.contact LAXPD backgrounds at 310-646-0500,as they may be able to help you.
              as for the L.A. Port PD??they have a long history of training at LASD academy and it will be interesting to see them break "tradition" and go with LAPD training like the REST of the city units(LAPD,LAXPD,GSDPD).It is my opinion that during Brattons "2nd term" either LAPD or the L.A. police commission will control everyone.....
              Right, and for non-criminal stuff you can also be "non-selected" from Port, LAX and/or GSPD. Basically means "you are not what we're looking for at this time" ... but you can apply again later. (Happened to me in Feb 2006 and I'm reapplying now a year later.) The good thing is the non-select isn't a blanket decision so let's say GSPD doesn't like something and non-selects you but LAX thinks you're okay, you can get still process further with LAX.
              Focused Recruit

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4121 users online. 205 members and 3916 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X