Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kern County Sheriffs Dept or Bakersfield Pd...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kern County Sheriffs Dept or Bakersfield Pd...

Hey all,

I have posted here a couple of times in the past. I will be attending a recertification academy either at Fresno City college or Napa college in the near future. I never applied during or after the academy, due to a couple of promotions at my current job. Boy was that a mistake, so now I am trying to get back in the mix. The question that I have is can anyone offer any info on the Kern County Sheriff Dept or the Bakersfield Pd. Info such as moral, overtime, equipment, degree of politics, schedules, etc etc........ Any info that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Anyone ever attend a recert academy...if so how was it???

Thanks,
    James

i heard re-cert academies are easy and low stress...

Comment

Originally posted by ask80
      i heard re-cert academies are easy and low stress...
      Very much so- just an update on what you learned only a few yrs ago- my Dept sends officers to OCSA ( Orange County Sheriffs) for the re-cert course.If Kern county is where you want to be, you need to apply for the Sheriffs and BPD NOW.You can go to the CA POSTwebsite and look up the agencies in Kern County to see what the $$ and environment is like. Kern County SD isabout 800 + Deps plus 200 support personnel- from their webist it looks like they are currently only hiring "laterals" for the Deputy position - Pay is about $40K to $55K/yr;Bakersfield PD is about 350- officers plus 100 or so support personnel,pay for entry level is $4155 to $5061/mo(they seem to want applications in by July 1st,2007 .The next largest dept in Kern is Delano Pd ( about 60 officers)-pay is about $3200- 4200/mo(might have changed since last I asked someone- the website shows only the 2005 pay scale of $3100 to 3900/mo starting).Other than that all the "other" PDs in Kern co.are tiny 5-20 man depts.......
      Last edited by DOAcop38; 04-05-2007, 02:31 AM.
      "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

I would go BPD. I live in Baks and I am with CDC. One of my partners is a reserve with BPD and used to be one with Kern Co. It appears the pay and moral are better with BPD, plus Kern Co. covers a pretty large area and you could be in the boonies.

Comment

A good friend of mine is an officer with the BPD. He loves his job and his co-workers. I was a Kern County Sheriff volunteer (search and rescue diver), and the entire department seemed like great people as well. I would rather do patrol than courts or extra help with them though. I will be applying to BPD in the near future as I plan to re-locate to Bakersfield when i finish my military obligation.
          Thank you to all that serve.

Comment

I just tested for KCSO. My eyesight is not the greatest, but it's correctable to 20/20, so hopefully it won't be much of a problem.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5225 users online. 250 members and 4975 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X