Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have friends that work TSB, THERE ARE NO STATIONS IN ANY OTHER COUNTIES. Let alone no one has ever responded out of county let alone down to San Diego on a call. It looks great on paper but the fact is local sheriff or police will handle and fax a report to LASD.

I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Moparfan - LASD TSB does not patrol the Metrolink System. You are confusing the Metrolink system with the Metro Rail system. LASD TSB patrols the Metro Rail system of light rail trains and Metro buses in Los Angeles County. LASD Metrolink Bureau patrols and rides on the Metrolink System, which consists of the heavy rail commuter trains that traverse the 6 counties I mentioned. Metrolink Bureau Deputies ride and respond to calls on these trains in all 6 of these Southern California counties. They make arrests in whatever county the incident occurs in, and Metrolink detectives file these cases in all 6 counties. It is a very unique LASD Bureau in that it requires Deputies to know local booking and filing procedures in all 6 counties that they operate out in. LASD SEB Special Weapons Team personnel also respond to any Metrolink tactical incident in all six counties, by air if necessary, due to the distances involved.

Comment

• moparfan
        moparfan commented
        Editing a comment
        I know what the Bureau is having work for the Department. It's not Metrolink Bureau it's Transit Service Bureau. That HAD three stations, Union Station, one in Chatsworth and one out in Pomona if I recall. Again very few personal handle calls out of L.A. County due to the simple fact the radios will not reach that far. Any incident would be refered to the local law enforcement. And no kidding about SEB responding via Air, that's what the on call team would do for ANY INCIDENT in immediate need. Also TSB has another unit that would respond as well similar to SEB.

But thanks for the lesson on a Department I WORK FOR.

Moparfan - I am sure it can be confusing trying to keep track of all the Divisions, Bureaus, Units and Details on a Department as large as LASD. TSB is the Transit Services Bureau. They patrol light rail and buses in L.A. County. Metrolink Bureau is a completely separate bureau with its own captain and command staff that patrols the Metrolink heavy rail system in Los Angeles, Ventura, Orange, San Bernardino, Riverside and San Diego counties. I have attached a portion of the current LASD org chart for your convenience. Sometimes specialized units get confusing. It is kind of like the old L.A. County Safety Police/OPS before they were disbanded. It was sometimes difficult to know where they fit in to the overall system with LASD.

Comment

It falls under TSB which encompasses Tranist Policing Division. In the end until don't ride the train down to San Diego or up to Ventura. The local law enforcement will handle.

And about OPS again you are misinformed. OPS was never part of LASD it was it's own STAND ALONE DEPARTMENT WITH ITS OWN COMMAND STAFF. At one point in the early 90s when Bacca first tried to take over, there was some command, but it was short lived.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

• RWC
          RWC commented
          Editing a comment
          There is no such thing as the Transit Policing Division on LASD. Read the org chart that I posted. TSB and Metrolink are separate bureaus that fall under Special Operations Division.

Also, I didn’t mean to imply that Safety Police/OPS was part of LASD. I meant that there was confusion between LASD and Safety Police/OPS on who would handle what at the parks. Homicides were always handled by LASD, other crimes depended on which LASD Station area you were in. When Safety Police disbanded and you and others came to LASD the situation greatly improved. LASD now handles everything in the former County Safety Police areas.
          Last edited by RWC; 11-20-2018, 01:04 PM.

Straight from LASD:
        Transit Policing Services

The Sheriff's Department's Transit Policing Division (TPD) is the second largest transit law enforcement agency in the world. TPD provides contract transit services to the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) which operates the public transit system serving Los Angeles County, one of the country's largest, most populous counties. Deputies provide transit police services for both the light rail and bus transportation systems throughout 1,433 square miles.

Transit policing presents unique challenges and requires unique policing strategies. With more than 2,300 vehicles in the fleet, there are 185 bus routes with 18,500 bus stops. Metro buses have an annual boarding in excess of 339 million riders.

The Metro Rail system consists of the Blue, Green, Red, Gold, Purple and Expo Line light rail commuter trains with a total of 87.8 miles of rail. With 250 commuter rail cars and 80 stations, the Metro Rail has 117 million riders annually.

Metro also numerous bus lines, along with the Silver and Orange Line transit ways, with approximately over 360 million annual riders.

The Sheriff's Department also serves as the contract transit police agency for the Southern California Regional Rail Authority (Metrolink). Metrolink is a heavy rail commuter transportation system which serves 6 counties:

The Metrolink policing responsibility extends west to the City of Oxnard (Ventura County), east to the cities of San Bernardino (San Bernardino County) and Riverside (Riverside County), north to the City of Lancaster (Los Angeles County), and south to the cities of San Clemente (Orange County) and Oceanside (San Diego County).

Metrolink has over 11 million annual passengers on their 169 trains. They travel 512 miles, along 7 routes, and stop at 55 stations daily.

TPD also provides transit enforcement services to the Antelope Valley Transit Authority and to Foothill Transit.

http://shq.lasdnews.net/pages/PageDetail.aspx?id=2184

LASD investiagtes several things for smaller agencies within LA County who don't have the resources and knowledge like the LASD Detectives. The only reason why patrol stations would handle issues at County facilities or parks was simply there were few Officers on duy to handle issues. As it is now with parks, there are only a handful of parks deputies on a shift. They all drive an average of 200 miles a day. Patrol stations are not going to wait. And if you call 911 it goes local.

Please get your facts straight and stop posting things off the Department website

Comment

2-13/000.00 TRANSIT POLICING DIVISION
          This section outlines the functions and responsibilities of the Transit Policing Division.

2-13/010.00 FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
          The Transit Policing Division is comprised of Transit Bureau North, Transit Bureau
          South, and Metrolink.
          These units are responsible for the performance of the basic police tasks of protecting
          life and property, preserving the peace, preventing and suppressing crime, and the
          apprehension of violators of the law for the Metropolitan Transportation Authority
          (Metro) and Southern California Regional Rail Authority (Metrolink).

2-13/020.00 TRANSIT BUREAU
          These bureaus provide law enforcement services to the Metropolitan Transportation
          Authority (Metro) on all Metro light and heavy rail commuter trains and Metro buses
          throughout Los Angeles County. The commanding officer of the Transit Metro contract,
          contractually designated as the Metro Chief of Transit Police, is located at the Transit
          Headquarters Unit. The Headquarters Unit is responsible for the detective, training,
          and scheduling functions as well as mental health and canine teams that work
          throughout the transit system. The bureau is functionally divided into two autonomous
          units, Transit Bureau North and Transit Bureau South. Each one commanded by its
          own unit commander.
          Responsibilities of these bureaus are:
           Providing general law enforcement services and security for designated Metro
          bus and rail properties, equipment, and facilities;
           Enforcing bus and rail fare compliance as may be requested;
           Projecting a positive and proactive image of safety and security for mass transit
          systems and transit patrons in Los Angeles County;
           Utilizing special problems units, focusing on vandalism, graffiti, and tagging on
          Metro properties and facilities;
           Providing gun and explosives detection K-9 units to Metro and Metrolink; and
           Providing crisis response units (Mental Health Team) to transit patrons.

2-13/030.00 METROLINK
          This unit provides law enforcement services to the Southern California Regional Rail
          Authority (Metrolink). Functional supervision of this unit is handled by the Transit
          Services Bureau North unit commander. Responsibilities include:
           Security to rail equipment and facilities;
           Safe, secure environment for rail patrons;
           Enforcing rail fare compliance as may be requested; and
          Investigating all incidents of crime occurring on board Metrolink trains and Southern
          California Regional Rail Authority property.

Comment

• Rob90
            Rob90 commented
            Editing a comment
            Straight up copy n' pasting off the manual eh? lol

Moparfan - Please check the date on your outdated MPP sections. They are about a year and a half old. I have now attached the entire CURRENT LASD org chart. There is NO Transit Police Division. It went away in July of 2017. Like I previously stated TSB and Metrolink /Bureau are separate entities under Special Operations Division.

Comment

I would do it but L.A is literally the most miserable place I've been.

Comment

FOR ALL THOSE WONDERING WHERE THEIR POSTS WENT:

If you're going to post nothing but insults or gibberish, lo and behold, your posts get deleted. Eventually you get banned.

If you believe that someone is advertising in violation of the TOS, REPORT the post. We'll investigate and take appropriate action as we deem necessary.
              sigpic
              The Web's Source for Law Enforcement
              PM for Technical Support or visit our contact page.

Comment

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department covers an extensive coastline, including Catalina Island along with numerous lakes, dams, rivers, aqueducts, and reservoirs. LASD divers have seen operations under ice, at extreme depth, in zero visibility, raging currents, bio-hazardous conditions, and overhead environments.

LASD has 75 divers assigned to three different teams. These include rescue and recovery divers and EOD divers. Their capabilities include surface supplied hard hat divers, mixed gas and rebreather divers. LASD deep dive cadre members are capable of dives up to 300’.

Comment

C0AB9F0E-4282-4B61-8BAE-231ACCF79B17.jpeg

https://www.facebook.com/LosAngelesC...type=3&theater

Comment

How long does it take to become a east LA bandito

Comment

I think the academy is six months.
                      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6317 users online. 244 members and 6073 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X