300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Los Angeles Sheriff's Department Opportunites

Los Angeles Sheriff's Department opportunities.

https://www.facebook.com/JoinLASD/

How long would you work the jails before getting an opportunity to work patrol ?

Comment

If you go to a busy patrol station such as Lancaster Station, you can work custody for as little as 6 months.

Comment

It all depends on 1) where you select to go to for patrol training and 2) how many people are we hiring/promoting ect at the time

Right now, it can be several years for some stations and (as RWC pointed out) as little as a few months to others

The current record I have seen is 2 months....the kid graduated the academy, went to custody ops school (six weeks) and then was in patrol school two weeks later....BUT the stars aligned perfectly in his case
        The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

1. What patrol stations are hard to fill, busy, need bodies, have a lot activity that get your from jail to patrol quickly?
          I'll start just about any where in patrol and make it work from their.
          2. How many people is the dept looking to hire at this time ?

Looking to do my career in patrol. Don't want to spend 2 to 5 years in the jails. I've worked in the jail already and feel my attributes are better suited on the streets and with the community. I need to be out and about and I'm not getting any younger..lol Dont mind stating in the jails, but looking to start in patrol quickly.

Comment

The current quickest way to patrol is Lancaster Station. You can get there in 6 months. It is very busy 24/7. LASD is hiring several hundred Deputies in 2018.

Comment

Don't expect to go to Lancaster thinking it's a cake walk. It's not. It doesn't have the reputation of a bada*s, dope busting, gang slamming station. It's a hard fast going when from you get into your black and white until EOS. Lancaster handles everything under the sun like their neighbors at Palmdale with limited resources between the two stations. If stuff hits the fan the folks rolling are the units on the inservice with maybe detective units and the 3 special teams if during the week. For OPSEC reason I'm not putting the numbers. If SEB is needed while hurry up and wait they have either a long drive from East L.A. or flight time over the mountains.

Lancaster is always ranked number 1 as the busiest station, number of calls handled, arrests and citations issued. Palmdale is a very very close 2nd. And to add Lancaster covers approximately 600 square miles Kern County to the North and San Bernardino to the East.

If you go to Lancaster be ready to work. The FTOs don't have time to play games but if your not showing the effort you will get broke off on reports and getting whatever HOT call comes out.

Any patrol deputy or supervisor that's been on the department knows working either Lancaster or Palmdale is like working 7 patrol years at other stations. So one year at LAN or PLM equals 7 years elsewhere.
              I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

• Stay Frosty
                Stay Frosty commented
                Editing a comment
                Where do I sign up ?

i was raised in the Lancaster/Palmdale area in the 50's and 60's, it was a quiet small town area with lots of ranching...A state prison was built in Lancaster and massive amounts of low life ghetto rats, gang bangers began to move to the area partly due to very low home prices compared to the southern part of the county. Guess what happened the population exploded from maybe 30-40 thousand for the area to a couple hundred thousand and the crime rate went thru the roof....Those Deputies bust their butts handling the calls for service
              Retired LASD

Comment

What MoparFan and Retired96 said. Be ready to work.

Comment

350 different job assignments. Hiring approximately 700 Deputies.

Comment

woah that is some clean water.

Comment

RWC how is you know so much about LASD?? Seems like you know more than the deputies that work here.
                      I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

RWC must be retired or close to retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by moparfan View Post

If you go to Lancaster be ready to work. The FTOs don't have time to play games but if your not showing the effort you will get broke off on reports and getting whatever HOT call comes out.

Any patrol deputy or supervisor that's been on the department knows working either Lancaster or Palmdale is like working 7 patrol years at other stations. So one year at LAN or PLM equals 7 years elsewhere.
                          Interesting.... that’s what they use to say about Lennox back in the day

Comment

Forbes Magazine Ranks the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department Only Law Enforcement Agency Among America’s Top Employers https://www.facebook.com/LosAngelesC...88724534487781

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11165 users online. 488 members and 10677 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X