Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWH
    replied
    I've heard good things about Pomona from LEO friends. However, Pomona is little too close to home for me to consider.

I'm always in Ptown because that's where my girlfriend lives (north side okay! It's almost La Verne!). They seem to be a pretty active department. I almost always see a couple of units when I'm going up and down White Ave. no matter what the time of day is. I've had them run my plates before, and even been pulled over once to be checked out. The officer was very professional.

Pomona has its share of gangs, drugs, and other common crimes, so you won't get too bored there. I'm sure a ride-a-long would be fun. Good luck to those of you that are applying.

Leave a comment:

• Nacho1523
    replied
    Send me a PM.

Leave a comment:

• doc_holiday
    replied
    Do they really need people or are they just looking at applicants as they come?

Leave a comment:

• CHUCKnmnV
    replied
    PAT and the written is done at the Daniel Fraembs training center. I forget what street it is on. Pomona uses Rio Hondo.
    Last edited by CHUCKnmnV; 07-27-2008, 04:27 AM. Reason: more info

Leave a comment:

• natejpg
    replied
    Any idea when the test is and do they do the PAT at the sheriffs academy on institutuion?

Leave a comment:

• CHUCKnmnV
    replied
    Nope, the only thing I got was a confirmation that HR got my app.

Leave a comment:

• CalPolyGrad
    replied
    Hey chuck, have you heard from Pomona?

Leave a comment:

• CHUCKnmnV
    replied
    Anyone know how many they're looking to pick up? I just put in my app today for recruit.

Leave a comment:

• CalPolyGrad
    replied
    I would love the commute to pomona too.

Leave a comment:

• Five-0fromSoCal
    replied
    A family member and alot of other guys I know lateralled from LAPD to Pomona. None of them regret it and said it was the best thing they could have done. Good dept with decent pay. Enough action and alot more commuter friendly for most guys.

Leave a comment:

• SpecialBlend
    replied
    wow this was a while ago. I know a couple officers from Pomona PD and they like it but I love LAPD even more, especially where I am working

Leave a comment:

• CalPolyGrad
    replied
    Have you talked to him? how does he like it? any info? i saw that episode of cops where the chief was on patrol. "stupid criminals #1" haha

Leave a comment:

• gonzo1510
    replied
    A friend of mine is currently with the Dept. as a new officer.

Leave a comment:

• CalPolyGrad
    replied
    Originally posted by MavViper View Post
    Anyone actually gone through the process with Pomona though?
    anyone?

Leave a comment:

• hbliam
    replied
    Originally posted by ask80
    with a simple google search on pomona police dept , i found this...

http://pomona.vpi.net/city_departmen...r/agility1.htm

The physical agility examination consists of five (5) segments in which the candidate must pass each segment and receive an overall passing score. The test consists of:

500 yard run
    99 Yard Obstacle Course
    Solid Fence Climb
    Chain Link Fence Climb
    Body Drag
    Preparing for the Test:
    Good physical condition
    Warm-up/stretch
    We recommend that you wear comfortable clothing such as sweat pants with a T-shirt or sweatshirt and athletic and/or tennis shoes.

http://www.ci.pomona.ca.us/city_depa...olice_officer/

That's the POST standard test. It had weighted scores based on time for each event. The two to put out 110% on are the solid wall climb and the 99 yard obstacle course. Those two will secure nearly all the points you need. On the 500 yard just cruise. The differance between the full on sprinters in our class and the slow pokes was a 2-5 point differance in the end in that event.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4405 users online. 273 members and 4132 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X