300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accepted!

It has been a long road but I finally got my letter from SBSO that I passed everthing and will attend the 166th Basic Academy Session on the 24th! I am a little excited and alot scared but here we go...any tips advice or what you would have done differntly when you went through would be greatly appreciated!!
    "When I came home, people often asked me about Iraq, and mostly I told them it wasn't so bad. I didn't know how to explain myself to them. The war really wasn't so bad. Yes, there were bombs and shootings and nervous times, but that was just the job. In fact, going to war is rather easy. You react to situations around you and try not to die. There are no electric bills or car payments or chores around the house. Just go to work, come home alive, and do it again tomorrow." - Brian Mockenhaupt

congrats...

better be in good physical shape and do lots of running. be a team player and help your fellow recruits out. don't be a "cocky arrogant, I know everything and i'm the best" type of recruit.. i hated them...i took my hatred out on them during defensive tactics.

Comment

Congrats bro!!!

Comment

Congrats!

It's normal to be nervous starting the academy. Just be squared away and fly under the radar. Don't call attention to yourself and never forget anything.

If you haven't started working out, start now. Also, continue to workout on your own when you're in the academy. Remember, no matter how tough the going gets sometimes remember how badly you wanted the job before you were hired!

Good luck!

Comment

congrats!!!!!
          ''Life's tough......it's tougher if you're stupid.''
          -- John Wayne

Comment

Been running regularly since November....up to 4.5 miles on Mon, Wed, and Fri and 2.5 on the days in between. These last two weeks I let up on the 2.5 days because I got real drained and tired but will kick it up again these next two weeks and then take the three days before the academy starts off. Orentation is next week...can't wait to see what they say. I am little bumed about all the stuff I have to buy but hey...a small price to pay right? Hopefully the clothing allowance will cover it! Ha! Still hasn't completly sunk in yet but I get more nervous as these last few days go by!
            "When I came home, people often asked me about Iraq, and mostly I told them it wasn't so bad. I didn't know how to explain myself to them. The war really wasn't so bad. Yes, there were bombs and shootings and nervous times, but that was just the job. In fact, going to war is rather easy. You react to situations around you and try not to die. There are no electric bills or car payments or chores around the house. Just go to work, come home alive, and do it again tomorrow." - Brian Mockenhaupt

Comment

Good luck, you'll be back in the "Stumps" before you know it. (That is, if you put this area on your dreamsheet).

Comment

Good luck to you! Do keep us followers and soon-to-be's up to date on your progress!
                Consistency isn't always good. Especially if you are consistently wrong.
                Certified Private Pilot

Comment

Will do on the updates...I plan on putting this area in on any dream sheet they might give. Nothing like waking up to a desert scenery!

You from the "Stumps" 23109?

Comment

what kind of stuff did you have to buy? can you give prices so we all have a better idea of how much to put away in the beginning.

thanks, and Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by cantue5
                      Will do on the updates...I plan on putting this area in on any dream sheet they might give. Nothing like waking up to a desert scenery!

You from the "Stumps" 23109?

Yeah I work the area, but with an allied agency. It's great up here, all kinds of weirdos to deal with. Just gotta go down the hill if you want some off-duty entertainment.

Comment

Think I can guess which agency....depending on how long you have been working for them you might have pulled me over a few years back! Ha! Always professional and nice though. Talk about weirdo's!! After I got out of the military I got an aprtment in a not so nice part of town in the stumps and just seeing some of the "tweakers" around there do there "buisness" fueled my fire to become a cop even more. Sometimes I can hardly believe some of the things people will do in broad daylight...no telling what I will see when I am finally on the road!

F67
                        Not sure exactly what I have to buy just yet but for sure 3-4 uniforms. Some stuff will be issued and some will have to be bought but I won't find out for sure what until next week. Some people on PKagels yahoo group who went to the same academy told me that what I have to buy will run somewhere in the neighborhood of 600-800 dollars. Oh well. Like I said before a small price to pay! Trust me when I tell you that I sure will list it on here for the up and coming. I cruise this site and PKagels yahoo group getting all the info I can!

Comment

I got here last year, but it's definately been fun. A lot more action than I thought I'd get. You should have no trouble getting this area out of the Academy from what I've been told by the others that work in this area.

Comment

Sbsd

Good luck. It's not an easy Academy, but it gets better after the first couple of months. Have your class set up their own Yahoo message group. This will help pass info on to each other(homework assignments, memos, etc).

P.S.- You will be Class 168.

Comment

Funny you said that...letter said 166...could be a typo...or maybe I read it wrong. I will check again and find out for sure next week when I go to orientation.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3745 users online. 250 members and 3495 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X