Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern California agency Background.

When is the right time to tell my job about my bi contacting them. I work for a union that is big on black balling people wanting to leave unless you’re in the brown nosing club, a solid work their isn’t enough. My supervisors and I have an excellent rapport and are supportive of my new endeavors but my HR doesn’t like me due to using my personal time off for the process and injuring my hand early last year and using fmla as my doctors orders.

Did you use FMLA for an injury?
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
      Yes I did but my department was short staffed and they didn’t take too kindly to my issue, however I knew my rights and told them in an articulate manner. Believe me, I did not want to be out of work waiting 3 weeks to get part time disability. But my doctors orders were beyond me. I have all my applications for fmla and approvals in my personal records on top of my medical records as they save any documents they fill out for me

Comment

I understand you are brutally honest, but there is no light duty at my current employer. I deal with fire proofing vehicles that share the open road with our pedestrians and it requires intensive hand strength operating high pressure machinery. My supervisor we’re looking out for my best interest as I am one of there most productive workers but me being gone really hurt production and I have been dealing with the backlash since. I’m a man first so I refuse to cry and try and get a wrongful this or hostile work environment, retaliation suit, ive been there half a decade. I just want my peace cuz life happened and move on out to my next endeavor.

Comment

Originally posted by Chipperjones22 View Post
          I understand you are brutally honest, but there is no light duty at my current employer. I deal with fire proofing vehicles that share the open road with our pedestrians and it requires intensive hand strength operating high pressure machinery. My supervisor we’re looking out for my best interest as I am one of there most productive workers but me being gone really hurt production and I have been dealing with the backlash since. I’m a man first so I refuse to cry and try and get a wrongful this or hostile work environment, retaliation suit, ive been there half a decade. I just want my peace cuz life happened and move on out to my next endeavor.
          Dude. Don’t attack people that are looking to clarify ambiguous statements. I asked for a reason. I’m not going to try and help you.

Comment

Dude. Don’t attack people that are looking to clarify ambiguous statements. I asked for a reason. I’m not going to try and help you.
            I wasn’t trying to attack you at all, I am sincelry apologetic if that’s how my deameanor came across. I have just seen your posts prior to this and know you’re really honest, so I didn’t try to sugar coat anything. I appreciate you reaching out.

Comment

If I was fully hands on with this site I would have sent a pm but I do not know how to do that yet.

Comment

Cool.

So if you’re that worried, go to your union, tell them you are within the law on using FMLA, and if they put forth any derogatory information, you’ll file.

BIs know what smoke is. Concentrate on doing your job.

Comment

Cool.

So if you’re that worried, go to your union, tell them you are within the law on using FMLA, and if they put forth any derogatory information, you’ll file.

I had a sit down with my union today regarding my matters and they’re supportive of my decision and have my back but believe it is in my best interest to go on my own and sit down with my hr and discuss my plans. There is so much I can tell my bi as far as civil suits we were awarded for my employers actions but I choose not to go that route as I find that immature and petty and for what it’s worth despite the rough year I had with them I had a whole other amazing 4 with them. Great company bad shift in management but business is business and there’s no room for cry babies.

Comment

Cool.

In short, the last three years after our contract they were not compensating us for our lunches and breaks and agreed, after the union put its foot down the lawyers came out and started trying single out employees for whatever reason. Ultimately the California labor board came down and they owed each employee there over 3 years over 10000 in back pay, that’s when the drama started.

Comment

Before entering law enforcement I worked for a major national corporation. When it learned of a staff member seeking employment elsewhere or an employee gave them two weeks notice, they immediately fired them. Apparently their philosophy was, if you are seeking a job elsewhere you are not 100% loyal to us and we don't want you. My former girlfriend's company had the same policy. I told my BI that and asked them to leave my employer check as the very last thing to do. It worked out fine.

As a cop, I did backgrounds for a few years and later supervised them. I also served as a supervisor for 10 years and a manger for 15 years. With that said, if you came to me with the story you just posted I would question your paranoia level and start to look at you a bit sideways. Here's why:

HR is merely the custodian of personnel records and the group that manages personnel transactions. They can hand the BI your personnel package but they are not in a position to meaningfully comment on the quality or quantity of your work to your BI. While they process personnel transactions (hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, suspensions, etc.) they are not in a position to initiate discipline or screw with you on their own without the authority of someone in your chain of command.

Your union is the exclusive bargaining unit that represents your interests to management. They are not in a position to meaningfully comment on the quality or quantity of your work to your BI and in California. When (as you said) a union punishes its members because they want to leave an employer, it no longer represents the interests of its members and is subject to serious sanctions.

You need to rethink your spiel here. Were I your BI and you were to tell me HR and your Union were out to get you, I would start wondering if I needed to look extra hard for all those little things to DQ you.

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
                        Before entering law enforcement I worked for a major national corporation. When it learned of a staff member seeking employment elsewhere or an employee gave them two weeks notice, they immediately fired them. Apparently their philosophy was, if you are seeking a job elsewhere you are not 100% loyal to us and we don't want you. My former girlfriend's company had the same policy. I told my BI that and asked them to leave my employer check as the very last thing to do. It worked out fine.

As a cop, I did backgrounds for a few years and later supervised them. I also served as a supervisor for 10 years and a manger for 15 years. With that said, if you came to me with the story you just posted I would question your paranoia level and start to look at you a bit sideways. Here's why:

HR is merely the custodian of personnel records and the group that manages personnel transactions. They can hand the BI your personnel package but they are not in a position to meaningfully comment on the quality or quantity of your work to your BI. While they process personnel transactions (hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, suspensions, etc.) they are not in a position to initiate discipline or screw with you on their own without the authority of someone in your chain of command.

Your union is the exclusive bargaining unit that represents your interests to management. They are not in a position to meaningfully comment on the quality or quantity of your work to your BI and in California. When (as you said) a union punishes its members because they want to leave an employer, it no longer represents the interests of its members and is subject to serious sanctions.

You need to rethink your spiel here. Were I your BI and you were to tell me HR and your Union were out to get you, I would start wondering if I needed to look extra hard for all those little things to DQ you.

I’m sorry if you misunderstood me my union and other supervisors will vouch for me I’m just worried about taking time off for hurting my hand and going through the process I’m not paranoid. I was just asking when’s the the right time to tell my hr don’t be surprised if your questioned

Comment

Comment

Sorry it’s my first time thus far. I’ll leave the same obstacles you endured that I am going through to my bi

Comment

I think there are some closed shop trade unions that might have the ability and involvement to comment on someone's work history and blackball them from work. Maybe this guy is a dockworker or something.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8698 users online. 276 members and 8422 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X