300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DoJ Special Agent Trainee

Anyone have any info if the DoJ will be posting SA Trainee positions soon? The testing cycle just recently concluded and I was told that they're going to be taking in Trainees sometime in the near future.

Does anyone also have any general idea on how SA Trainee's are actually trained? I've heard conflicting info that they go to an actual academy but also heard that it's a 6-month OJT period done by the office the Trainee is assigned to.

You'll go to an academy of some sort. Basic investigator academy or a real one I'm not sure.

Comment

They will to go to a basic regular academy. The “OJT” is their version of FTO. CalDOJ are full Peace Officers.
      semper destravit

Comment

As a trainee you might "OJT" briefly in a intern capacity awaiting an academy slot. Following the academy, you may "OJT" again... this time getting a little bit more exposure while you await a slot for SIBC (investigator training) which likely will be held in Sacramento area.

point am i clear?

Comment

I never knew DOJ had an entry level position. Everyone I knew had prior LEO experience.

Comment

• RGDS
            RGDS commented
            Editing a comment
            I knew they have such a code but how often is it used? IDK

I remember the old BNE days where everyone was a lateral or TFO.

Since I go back to the BNE days that makes sense.

Comment

They are going to need to hire a lot of entry level positions after how Kamala and Jerry ruined it and how the treated people.
            Last edited by nobodyjr; 01-07-2018, 08:12 PM.

Comment

That 401k is going to be a great retirement...

Comment

I know in the past they ran their own academy for entry levels which then had an add on, (6 or 8 weeks I think) for lateral hires where they all learned investigative techniques the DOJ way. While my experience with them is dated anybody I ever met who was an entry level hire came from their own civilian or intern positions. A long time ago I asked somebody in the know why DOJ wasn't the Texas Rangers of California. His response was something to the effect of Texas Rangers don't have attorneys for bosses.
                If you see me running try to keep up!

Comment

If I understand correctly, Texas Rangers come from the ranks of Texas Highway Patrol troopers, and is part of DPS.
                  Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by Chamber View Post
                    Anyone have any info if the DoJ will be posting SA Trainee positions soon? The testing cycle just recently concluded and I was told that they're going to be taking in Trainees sometime in the near future.

Does anyone also have any general idea on how SA Trainee's are actually trained? I've heard conflicting info that they go to an actual academy but also heard that it's a 6-month OJT period done by the office the Trainee is assigned to.
                    You will attend a regional POST certified basic police academy for 6 months then upon graduation you will go to a 3 week CA-DOJ Special Agent Academy in Northern California. After that you will go thru a 4 phase FTO program lasting approximately 4 to 6 months. Then at the conclusion of your 1 year probationary period you will be appointed as a permanent CA-DOJ Special Agent.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2418 users online. 173 members and 2245 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X