X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amberja
    Forum Member
    • May 2018

Hi all,

I started a thread for the 2019 Testing Cycle. Let's move the discussion there to keep it in chronological order.

Here is the link:
    https://forum.officer.com/forum/loca...-testing-cycle

Keep in mind it is still waiting on approval, so if you are having issues, that is why
    Last edited by amberja; 01-09-2019, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• GMPP
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2018

Called in today and was told I passed psych! Sometime between Monday and today they updated! I called Monday afternoon and was still pending.

Comment

• amberja
        amberja commented
        Editing a comment
        GMPP Nice, congrats and glad you finally heard back! We have to get you added to the list of us waiting for our invites!

• GMPP
        GMPP commented
        Editing a comment
        amberja It felt great to officially hear it!! Man I hope I get into the March class! Now I can withdraw from my other agency. I am set to go to the academy for them in March 4th but as soon as I get the invite for CHP I'm pulling out.

• amberja
        amberja commented
        Editing a comment
        GMPP CHU let me know that if you are cleared of everything in the hiring process, you will for sure be getting an invite. It is always a good idea to call in a double check for yourself. If so, they told me invites would be out sometime around late January/early Feb. Not sure if you are looking to wait that long.

• GMPP
        GMPP commented
        Editing a comment
        amberja Yup I spoke to them today and they told me they are waiting to finalize the class size. Invites likely towards the end of two weeks from now. I asked if the delay between my interview and the clearance would effect my position. They told me it goes based off of the decision date, not the entry date. For me that was mid November!

Looking to get in! Just hope I get an invite before 3/4/19 when the other academy starts. I just want the offer in hand before I make my move
        Last edited by GMPP; 01-10-2019, 09:31 PM.
    • CaliLove55
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2018

Southern Division

APPLIED: 07/31/2018
      PAT: 09/29/2018
      WRITTEN TEST: 09/30/2018
      WRITTEN RESULTS: 10/23/2018 (Total T-score = 65.00)
      eSOPH NOTICE: 10/25/2018
      RANK RESULTS: 10/30/2018 (Rank 3)
      PHS SUBMITTED: 11/15/2018
      BACKGROUND ORIENTATION: 11/26/2018
      BIQ TURNED IN: 12/4/2018
      INITIAL INTERVIEW: 1/16/2019

Looks like things are picking up again now that the holidays are over. Aside from going over my PHS, what can I expect at the initial interview? What kind of questions should I be prepared for?

Comment

• Tahoelivin
        Tahoelivin commented
        Editing a comment
        My initial interview was basically a group setting for the investigators to meet the applicants they’re assigned. I met mine, brought all required forms and an entire copy of my phs. She checked off all the forms required that she needed to see, and if I remember correctly we filled out a few forms. Also I was informed to complete and bring one form I was provided with. As for questions or things like that, our group wasn’t asked anything like that. The investigators went over academy life and what the background process will be like. That’s about everything I remember! Good luck!! Hope that helps!
    • GGD_CHP
      Background Investigator
      • Aug 2018

CTC-I 2019 – 03/25/19 to 10/04/19

I hope everyone waiting receives an invite in the coming months. Make sure to do everything to prepare.

Comment

• amberja
        amberja commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks @eecs34!

We did do pullups after the run at the the APP as well. No issues there. My focus area is certainly running at that quick of a pace and overall floor exercise endurance but I think I am on the right track. Do you suggest running a longer distance, like 4 miles once a week or so?

• GGD_CHP
        GGD_CHP commented
        Editing a comment
        amberja - the longer and faster you can run the better. thats the best way to put it. there is no prescribed workout, each PT staff officer does the workouts based on their own preferences, so you may get someone who loves to run resulting in a longer faster run, or you may get someone who only likes to run which would result in longer faster run... yes, I said the same things twice, because no matter what your workout ends up being, the PT staff will push you to your limit.
        Last edited by GGD_CHP; 01-13-2019, 10:32 PM.

• GMPP
        GMPP commented
        Editing a comment
        eecs94 GGD_CHP amberja 7:30 pace is pretty good. I can run that for 1.5 miles will relative difficulty but haven't tried past that. My long runs 3 times a week are anywhere from 3-5 miles at about 930 pace. My shorter runs are faster.

My concern is pullups. I can do about 2 of the underhand pull ups but I just started training the overhand and can only get 1. Pushups and situps are no problem at all.

• Tahoelivin
        Tahoelivin commented
        Editing a comment
        GMPP pull-ups are difficult for me also, hauling up 200lbs isn’t an easy task! I have been in the gym for about. Year straight and I do pull-ups with a band assist in between all my sets. It’s helped me a bunch, I’ve gone from a thick band to progressively smaller in the past few months. I’m no beast mode by any means but I’m hoping to drop the band soon here!
    • Tahoelivin
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2018

Originally posted by GGD_CHP
      CTC-I 2019 – 03/25/19 to 10/04/19
      So before you claimed 3/18, where do you get your info and why has the date supposedly changed?

I hope everyone waiting receives an invite in the coming months. Make sure to do everything to prepare.

Comment

• GGD_CHP
        GGD_CHP commented
        Editing a comment
        A few months ago I estimated 03/18 as that date followed the calendar pattern for the last few years. I was a week off. I would say it changed because the current senior class's academy is probably a week longer due to being there during the holidays (pure speculation).

As far as where I get my information, I am the source. Take it or leave it.
        Last edited by GGD_CHP; 01-10-2019, 11:19 PM.

• Tahoelivin
        Tahoelivin commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m sorry if I came across a little upfront, I was just curious if you knew something I didn’t! But those dates are still just educated guesses or did you hear something official?

• GGD_CHP
        GGD_CHP commented
        Editing a comment
        Tahoelivin - Official
    • GMPP
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2018

GGD_CHP That's pretty good estimation. I cleared psych back in November so hopefully I get there. 125 is a pretty big class. Haven't they been around 50 for the last few? CHU told me invites are likely to come in about 2 weeks. Is that accurate?

Comment

• GGD_CHP
        GGD_CHP commented
        Editing a comment
        All the classes have been starting at or slightly above 100 cadets for the lsat few cycles. That 50 number is their graduating class sizes. CHU sends out the invites, so if they told you two weeks I would take that as accurate as to when they start sending them out. Depending on if people accept those invites, invitations may be sent out as late as a couple of weeks before the start date.
    • Spalos23
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2018

For those of you who are waiting on an invite, in fact.... ANY of you that are in this process with CHP; I highly, highly, HIGHLY encourage you to attend the APP workouts. For those of you in the Valley, Its every Tuesday from 1800-2000 and I believe the first Saturday of each month. I made excuse after excuse on why I couldn't drive all the way to West Sac and to counter my nonsense I thought, I'll just implement my own workout plan. Running 1.5 miles plus and a steady speed, yes that helps!... but I attended the APP workout after being on MY workout plan for the last 6 months and consistently and if the Academy started tomorrow, I think I would fail out. It is hard, I don't mean that as, yeah it's hard... No its HARD. Its much different than you in the gym listening to your music and lifting weights. I thought I was ready and I may only have 2 months to step it up immensely. My workout was a solid plan, push and pull days, little rest between and a 5 day 6 day split, but the way they fatigue your muscles is much different. Please find a way to attend if you want to succeed. GGD_CHP is telling all of us to do everything to prepare... take it to heart.

Comment

• amberja
        amberja commented
        Editing a comment
        Spalos23 - we should all thank you for this insight. I also ran into the same thing when I attended my first APP. It is no joke and will show you what it really means to be in shape for the academy. It doesn't stop there, on top of the physical strain...you will be quizzed on vehicle and brevity codes, phonetic alphabet, etc. Be prepared.
    • MISSION-CHP
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2018

Hey guys, hope everyone is doing well. Just want to give you guys a heads up.

Academy Invitations are being sent out as of today!!!

Be on the lookout... I just received mine at 1400 hours. I also noticed that my application status has changed from "Passed Background Investigation" to "Awaiting Invitation To Academy"

To everyone in the process STAY MOTIVATED AND KEEP PUSHING!!! Your time will come soon!!!

This is my Final Timeline for anyone interested. Feel free to ask away regarding the process.

Academy Dates: 03/25/2019 - 10/04/2019

Golden Gate/Valley Division

*Applied* 08/08/2017
      *PAT* 10/21/2017
      *Written Test* 10/22/2017
      *Written Test Results* 11/06/2017
      *eSOPH Notice* 11/13/2017
      *Submitted eSOPH* 12/11/2017
      *Background Investigator Contact* 12/12/2017
      *Initial Interview/BIQ* 02/15/2018
      *Handwritten Questions* 03/12/2018
      *Reference Letters Sent Out* 05/22/2018
      *CVSA/Fingerprints* 06/05/2018
      *Investigative Interview* 06/19/2018
      *Final Interview/Psych Written* 06/22/2018
      *Medical Evaluation* 06/25/2018
      *Medical Results* 06/27/2018
      *Psych Oral* 09/17/2018
      *Psych Oral Results* 11/09/2018
      *Academy Invite* 01/17/2019 ACCEPTED!

Update: After calling the CHU and accepting The Academy Invitation, my Application Status changed from "Awaiting Invitation To Academy" to "Invited To Class"
      Last edited by MISSION-CHP; 02-13-2019, 02:54 AM.

Comment

• Tahoelivin
        Tahoelivin commented
        Editing a comment
        Mine as well now says “Invited to Class”!
    • Tahoelivin
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2018

I also received an email! Called and accepted! So pumped and ready! Let me know who is in the valley division and going to attend the APP’s. Currently with the storms I’m working nights but will be working them into my schedule hopefully after this storm series.

Congrats to anyone one who gets an invite! See you in March!!

Comment

• amberja
        Forum Member
        • May 2018

Congrats! Received my invite as well!

Golden Gate Division

Applied:
        12/04/17
        Physical: 1/27/18
        Written: 1/28/18
        Written Results: Rank 5
        PHS notice: 2/23/18
        Initial Interview: 4/19/18
        CVSA: 5/17/18
        Final interview: 6/18/17
        Medical: 9/9/18
        Written psych: 9/12/18
        Psych interview: 10/9/18
        Cleared Psych: 12/13/18
        Cleared Medical: 12/21/18
        Academy invite: 1/17/19

Tahoelivin and MISSION-CHP I will be attending the weekly APP's starting next Tuesday.

If you received an invite and would like to be a part of a group chat please PM me so we can connect!

Comment

• GGD_CHP
          GGD_CHP commented
          Editing a comment
          GMPP While invites can be sent out up until the week before the academy, 81 were sent out yesterday. This class will be 100 cadets, so the last 19 spots will likely go to people who are just finishing up. Have you been made aware if cleared psych or not?

Also, check your spam folder in your email. All invites are sent out via email.

• GMPP
          GMPP commented
          Editing a comment
          GGD_CHP yes sir. The psych decision was made on 11/16. All clear just waiting for the invite. Checked spam and everything, but nothing. Applicant website still says passed background. Looks like my psych decision was made a few days after some of those that got the invite already.

GGD do you think I missed this class then?

• GGD_CHP
          GGD_CHP commented
          Editing a comment
          GMPP unfortunately it is impossible answer the question. Just keep your fingers crossed and keep preparing as if you had your invite in hand.

• GMPP
          GMPP commented
          Editing a comment
          GGD_CHP Yes sir. Do you know how long you have to respond to an invite? Trying to gauge when the next set may go out.

I'll keep training. Either way I'm going to someone's academy in March. Maybe I'll use that one as one big "pre-academy" for CHP.
          Last edited by GMPP; 01-18-2019, 02:25 PM.
      • T_man88
        Forum Member
        • Jun 2016

Received and accepted my invite as well! Stay motivated everyone and keep training! Here’s my final timeline to help others in the process.

Golden Gate Division

Applied- 11/21/17
        PAT- 01/27/18
        Written- 01/28/18
        Results- February 2018 Rank 6
        Submitted PHS- 03/16/18
        Background orientation- 03/22/18
        Initial Interview- 4/27/18
        CVSA- 7/11/18
        Final Interview- 08/13/18
        Medical- 08/17/18
        Psych written- 08/2018
        Psych Interview- 10/22/18
        Passed Psych- 11/14/18
        Academy Invite- 1/17/19

Comment

• Julz209
          Forum Member
          • Aug 2018

Received my Invite as well. Please add me to any group chat there is if possible. Thanks!

Comment

• arthur1265
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2019

Hi All,

Just registered. I am taking the PAT and Written this weekend. I am doing the personal history form ahead of time and have a question regarding work history. In two of my past jobs i was promoted multiple times, do i just list the work experience once with my last title? Or do i list the same company multiple times with different titles?

Thanks,

Arthur

Comment

• D_Xtreme1
              D_Xtreme1 commented
              Editing a comment
              List your work history once and provide your most recent job title. Good luck on your PAT and Written exam!
          • CHPHull
            Forum Member
            • Oct 2018

Does anyone have a contact number for CHU? Haven’t heard anything from my backgrounds. (Inland Division)

Comment

• GMPP
              GMPP commented
              Editing a comment
              You don't contact CHU to ask about your background. Contact Inland directly.
          • CHPHull
            Forum Member
            • Oct 2018

GMPP do you know the number to Inland Division? Still trying to figure things out as I’m going along

Comment

• GMPP
              GMPP commented
              Editing a comment
              +1 909-806-2400. Although a word of advice, background investigators frown upon calling them. Usually just sit back and wait. Inland is pretty quick. Mine was about 4 months and I didn't call at all. Think they appreciate that.

• CHPHull
              CHPHull commented
              Editing a comment
              GMPP okay I’ll do that then, this would be my 7th week since I submitted my phs. Did you think I would’ve been DQ’d already if there were anything?

• GMPP
              GMPP commented
              Editing a comment
              CHPHull as with everything. No news is good news. I was like you at every step of the process. Turns out that things just take a while.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 21086 users online. 66 members and 21020 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...