Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not there yet, hopefully someone can give you some insight.
    Regardless, good luck! Let us know how it goes!

Comment

• Anyone know how far in advance they send invitations? CHU said I cleared everything and should be getting an invite for the December class.

Comment

• Thakur53
        Thakur53 commented
        Editing a comment
        I took my CVSA and Written psych last month so still a long way to go but sure things will pick up soon. How long did it take for you to hear the results for psych oral?

• Mrjay
        Mrjay commented
        Editing a comment
        You should get scheduled for your interview this month or next. I took my interview on May 31st and called them on June 22nd.

• Thakur53
        Thakur53 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah man you should be getting invite pretty soon. Lace up those shoes and start preparing for academy I guess haha. Did you go to any of your applicant preparation program? Also, when did you take your PAT? If I am not mistaken your process moved pretty quickly given that you already cleared everything long before December academy and just waiting for invite now.

• Mrjay
        Mrjay commented
        Editing a comment
        I haven't gone to any of the workouts yet. I've just been doing alot of running. I took the PAT last June.

• Question guys: what does it mean when another officer says they'll sponsor you to get in the academy and stuff.

Comment

• Thakur53
        Thakur53 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not sure but may be that officer would act like a referral for the applicant.

• Jared13w
        Jared13w commented
        Editing a comment
        If they sponsor you and you make it to the academy the officer that sponsored you gets a week vacation! That’s one of the perks.

• Gone Castle
        Gone Castle commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not sure about the WHOLE details, but if they sponsor you from the beginning of you application and show involvement, they get 40 hours of vacation once you make it. Whether that means 'make it' to the academy, or 'make it' to graduation... I dont know.

• Well I’m back. After a couple months I was contacted for a CVSA and took that last week. Again I’m valley division and now waiting for the next step! Been scrolling through and seems as though valley division is on top of their game so expecting the next step to happen soon! Look forward to what lies ahead! Congrats to all starting academy next month. Hopefully I’ll be seeing you come December! Here’s my timeline for all interested

APPLIED: 08/7/2017
      PAT: 12/17/2017
      WRITTEN: 12/17/2017
      RESULTS/ RANK : 1/4/2018 Rank 4
      esoph NOTICE: 1/10/2018
      PHS SUBMITTED: 1/30/2018
      BIQ/ ORIENTATION: 2/15/2018
      INITIAL INTERVIEW: 2/15/2018
      CVSA: 6/12/2018
      FINAL INTERVIEW: TBD
      MEDICAL: TBD
      PSYCH WRITTEN: TBD
      PSYCH INTERVIEW: TBD

Comment

• Hello i am new here so here is my timeline

Central Division

Applied: 12/21/2017
        PAT: 04/28/2018 (Passed)
        Written: 04/29/2018
        Written Results: 05/22/2018 (Rank 5)

ESOPH Notice: 05/25/2018
        PHS Submitted: 06/24/2018
        Assigned BI: TBA
        BIQ: TBA
        Initial interview: TBA
        CVSA: TBA
        Psych Written: TBA
        Medical Exam: TBA
        Psych Oral: TBA

Comment

• I’ve had a busy week this week. I had my CVSA on Monday. I passed it. Then, I had my medical on Tuesday. No issues so far with that. Finally, this morning I had my Psych Written. Now just to wait to get a date for my psych interview!

Comment

• CHPTP
            CHPTP commented
            Editing a comment
            How was the CVSA? What was it like?

• sjagtar86
            sjagtar86 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, what was CVSA like?

• TheRocker97
            TheRocker97 commented
            Editing a comment
            It was fairly easy. I just think the thought of what’s going to occur and the science behind it makes you nervous, but if you have nothing to lie about you will be fine. How the program measures your voice can easily detect deception. However, You go over the questions first and give explanations. Then you go over the similar questions on the computer to make sure you understand them. After that, you give voice examples of how you truthfully say yes and no. Then you start the CVSA and then you’re done.

• Applied: April 2017
          PAT: July 21 2017
          Written: July 22 2017

PHS Submitted: September 2017
          Assigned BI: Oct 2017
          BIQ: (Did not attend was on Active Duty)
          Initial interview: Jan 2018
          CVSA: Feb 2018
          Final Interview: May 2018
          Psych Written: May 2018
          Medical Exam: June 2018
          Psych Oral: July 20 2018

Border Division

Does anyone have advice or insight on the
          pysch oral? I felt like it went fine but I wouldn’t
          know otherwise.

Comment

• Hi, Everyone. Long time reader, first time poster. I'm from L.A. and I just finished up my Ride-Along with 535 East LA. Loved it. Here we go!!!

Applied: 5/4/2018
            PAT: SCHEDULED 9/30/2018
            Written: Date TBD
            Written Results: TBA

ESOPH Notice: TBA
            PHS Submitted: TBA
            Assigned BI: TBA
            BIQ: TBA
            Initial interview: TBA
            CVSA: TBA
            Psych Written: TBA
            Medical Exam: TBA

Comment

• Etor91
              Etor91 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey, I’m from the south east area and I just cleared the psych oral. Let me know if you need any help. Good luck!

• Gone Castle
              Gone Castle commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow, you're way ahead of me. I just did my ride along at East LA station. I loved it, man. I'll reach out to you once I get further down the road!

• Hey everyone,

I called CHU and they notified me that I cleared my psych oral and will possibly get an invite to the December academy. Does anyone know an official date?

I applied through the southern division.

Thanks!

Comment

• eecs94
              eecs94 commented
              Editing a comment
              December 3rd is what I heard

• Fermar123
              Fermar123 commented
              Editing a comment
              I’ve heard it’s at the end of November.

• Applied: Feb 2017
            PAT: May 2017
            Written: May 2017
            PHS Submitted: Aug 2017
            Assigned BI: Sept 2017
            BIQ: Oct 2017
            Initial interview: March 2018
            CVSA: March 2018
            Final Interview: April 2018
            Medical Exam: April 2018
            Psych Written: April 2018
            Psych Oral: July 2018 Passed
            Academy Invite: TBD

With the August Academy starting in a few weeks, anyone know how soon after they will send out the CTC-IV 2018 invites?

Comment

• TheRocker97
              TheRocker97 commented
              Editing a comment
              Which division are you from?

• eecs94
              eecs94 commented
              Editing a comment
              Central Division

• USN_CHP
              USN_CHP commented
              Editing a comment
              I called CHU on August 6th to find out if I passed my pysch oral that took place in the middle of July and they said I cleared. Then I asked for an estimated time frame for when we should receive notice/invites and I was told sometime in September. Thought that sounded kind of soon but yeah.

• For those of you who have already completed your psych oral, how long did it take from completing the psych written to recieving a letter, email, or phone call to schedule the oral interview?

Comment

• Mrjay
              Mrjay commented
              Editing a comment
              It took about 6 weeks for me. Took my psych written first week of April and they e-mailed me on May 18th to schedule my interview.

• Etor91
              Etor91 commented
              Editing a comment
              It took me like 6 months to get an interview from the written lol it literally is different for everyone although mine was much longer than expected. 6-8 weeks is the norm.

• Hello everyone. I have used this forum many of times in the previous months to give me some insight on the process. For those of you that post regularly with your current statuses, thank you. Mine is posted below and I hope it's useful.(NOTE: I am active duty and an out of state applicant so my process has been a little different).

VALLEY DIVISION
            Applied: 6/29/2017
            PAT: 10/14/2017
            Written: 10/15/2017
            Written Results: 10/30/2017 (PASSED)
            Notice of PHS: 11/2/2017
            PHS Turned In: 11/17/2017
            Assigned BI: 1/15/2018
            BIQ: 2/14/2018
            Initial Interview: 6/17/2018
            CVSA/Fingerprints: 7/23/2018
            Medical exam: 7/24/2018
            Final Interview: 7/26/2018
            Psych Written: 7/26/2018

Just wondering, how was the Psych Oral for those of you that have taken it in the Sacramento area? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Julz209; 08-06-2018, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• USN_CHP
              USN_CHP commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m out of border division and made the drive up to Sacramento back in July because it was “highly recommended” but not mandatory to do so only because CalHR said they wouldn’t have any psych oral interviews for SoCal until end of August. It went well tho. The Dr. was friendly and very transparent. Just be yourself is the best advice I can give!

• Hey all,

Couple questions...what is CHU and when is the best time to call them about progress on your case?
            I haven't heard back from my BI for about a month and a half but at our last final interview she gave me the necessary paperwork to schedule a medical exam and psych, however she told me to hold off on scheduling until she gave me the green light.
            Anyone else have a similar experience timeline wise?

Comment

• Mrjay
              Mrjay commented
              Editing a comment
              I called CHU twice, first time was to confirm they received my medical appointment fax and the second was to check on the results of my Psych interview. I'd give your BI a call to see if you can schedule your medical appointment now.

• Thakur53
              Thakur53 commented
              Editing a comment
              I believe it stands for Cadet Hiring Unit. If you are curious to know what is going on I guess it doesn't hurt to call and check up. My timeline is bit different. I had my. CVSA and written psych done before the final interview.

• amberja
              amberja commented
              Editing a comment
              My BI is on leave from work but did say she would be checking in on my case while she was off. I haven't heard from her in about a month so I am a little worried about my timeline becoming more lengthy. Typically we have communicated through email but I'll try giving her a call again before reaching out to CHU.

Thanks for the tips! Do you know if this is the right number to call CHU: (916) 843-3760?

• eecs94
              eecs94 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes that’s the correct number

• I haven’t been on here in a while how’s everyone doing with their process? Good luck to CTC III-18 starting soon. Work hard and don’t give up. If anyone has questions regarding the academy or the hiring process, feel free to send me a message. Good luck to everyone in the process.

Comment

• Goldbadge85
              Goldbadge85 commented
              Editing a comment
              Study, study, study can’t stress this enough. PT is no joke and you will soon find out what the PT is about lol. Use your time wisely because you will have so much to do and memorize with little time. Look out for your classmates and stick together. Know your brevity codes and triple check your uniforms to save yourself from getting gigged aka blue cards. Enjoy your first week lol.

• eecs94
              eecs94 commented
              Editing a comment
              What week does the swimming start and what excercises are done in the pool? Good luck to you sir!

• GGD_CHP
              GGD_CHP commented
              Editing a comment
              eecs94 - swimming isn't a regularly scheduled activity. you'll do it a few times as it will be integrated into PT. you will jum from the dive platform and swim laps.

• Etor91
              Etor91 commented
              Editing a comment
              Any tips for evoc? Do you recommended taking an evoc course before hand or are you pretty set just going in?

• I got invited to test in Redding on October 27. Anyone else? I'll be traveling from Virginia.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7972 users online. 392 members and 7580 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X