300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amberja
    commented on 's reply
    GMPP Nice, congrats and glad you finally heard back! We have to get you added to the list of us waiting for our invites!

• GMPP
    replied
    Called in today and was told I passed psych! Sometime between Monday and today they updated! I called Monday afternoon and was still pending.

Leave a comment:

• amberja
    replied
    Hi all,

I started a thread for the 2019 Testing Cycle. Let's move the discussion there to keep it in chronological order.

Here is the link:
    https://forum.officer.com/forum/loca...-testing-cycle

Keep in mind it is still waiting on approval, so if you are having issues, that is why
    Last edited by amberja; 01-09-2019, 03:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GMPP
    commented on 's reply
    @amerja Man I hope I get a March invite. I took my psych in late October. Called yesterday and they still haven't received the results. Told me to check in another week. I've been told if I failed I would have been dq'd long ago. Hope I am not being passed up because of calhr!

• amberja
    commented on 's reply
    As an update: I called CHU today just to check in and ask a few questions. I added this one in. The woman I talked to let me know that if you are cleared of medical and psych, you WILL for sure be getting an invite to the next class, which she confirmed as the one beginning in March.

• amberja
    commented on 's reply
    Tahoelivin I did the same... looks like last year they were 2 weeks ahead of us so if they run close to that schedule, we are looking at the end of January/early Feb which holds true to what CHU told me to expect.

Spalos23 that is helpful insight thank you. I haven't seen anyone on here in past forums that had been waiting and did not get an invite for the next class, so that is encouraging. In relation to the rest of this process though, I have to agree with you that nothing is completely guaranteed! Trying to remain carefully optimistic though! haha

• Spalos23
    commented on 's reply
    It is not guaranteed that you (or any of us still waiting) will be invited to the next upcoming academy. From what I understand is, once they finish all the items in the hiring process, your file goes into the bottom of a stack of "eligible for academy". Then they take the ones on top and fill in academy spots until they reach the max number. This is state wide which is why some academies have an influx of people from one area rather than a balance throughout the state. It is more than likely that of us waiting since November/December, we will get a spot but no it is not guaranteed which simply adds to the anxiety of waiting. I check the mail, my CHP account and this forum everyday in hopes to hear of some news that invites are out, patience truly is a virtue (that I seem to be running out of, lol) I will post as soon as I hear something as well, good luck!

• Tahoelivin
    commented on 's reply
    Apparently my last comment didn’t post! I’m right with you! Got lots of time to use at my current job and trying to plan that out plus giving notice and all that! I’ve even gone to the extreme of looking back at the last class and when they got invites as compared to start date! I’m hoping we’ll hear soon! Let me know if you find anything out!
    Last edited by Tahoelivin; 01-08-2019, 01:48 AM.

• amberja
    replied
    Hi all,

I have to ask as I am anxiously waiting for my invite and trying to plan around it ... does anyone know if it is certain that you will get an invite if invites have not gone out for the next class yet and you have cleared everything in the hiring process?

Leave a comment:

• amberja
    commented on 's reply
    GMPP yeah it took a while to hear back on psych. Did you have your interview in Sacramento? I have heard that can sometimes speed up the process, otherwise as a baseline, you are looking at 8+ weeks.

• S.c.o90
    replied
    Good morning folks. I heard from my BI today and here's an updated timeline of my application process thus far. I'm really hoping I can get into a cadet class this calendar year.

Golden Gate Division

APPLIED: 06/24/2018
    PAT: 10/06/2018
    WRITTEN: 10/06/2018
    RESULTS/ RANK: 60.5, Rank 1 - 10/30/2018
    esoph NOTICE: 11/1/2018
    PHS SUBMITTED: 11/21/2018
    ASSIGNED BACKGROUND INVEST.: 11/27/2018
    BIQ/ ORIENTATION: 1/6/19
    INITIAL INTERVIEW: 1/6/19
    CVSA: tbd
    FINAL INTERVIEW: tbd
    MEDICAL: tbd
    PSYCH WRITTEN: tbd
    PSYCH INTERVIEW: tbd

Leave a comment:

• T_man88
    commented on 's reply
    My account still shows “Passed Background Investigation”. I’m assuming you still haven’t heard anything......hang in there !

• GMPP
    commented on 's reply
    Damn so took you 9 weeks to get the Psych cleared? I took mine on 10/26 and still haven't gotten the ok. CHU said this week that it's still not updated

• amberja
    replied
    Hi all,

Here is my timeline, I received notification today that I passed everything as of 12/21/18 and should be awaiting an academy invite.

Golden Gate Division

Applied:
    12/04/17

Physical: 1/27/18

Written: 1/28/18

Written Results: Rank 5

PHS notice: 2/23/18

Initial Interview: 4/19/18

CVSA: 5/17/18

Final interview: 6/18/17

Medical: 9/9/18

Written psych: 9/12/18

Psych interview: 10/9/18

Cleared Psych: 12/13/18

Cleared Medical: 12/21/18

Academy invite: waiting....

Good luck to everyone still in the process and fingers crossed for March Academy invites soon to those waiting!!

Happy New Year!

Leave a comment:

• amberja
    commented on 's reply
    Update: I have cleared everything as of 12/21 and am now waiting on an Academy invite!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19950 users online. 54 members and 19896 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...