Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my timeline so far; this is for Southern Division. Note i also live out of state, Las Vegas, Nevada

APPLIED: 08/15/2017
    PAT: 01/20/2018
    WRITTEN: 01/21/2018
    RESULTS/ RANK : TBA
    esoph NOTICE: TBA
    PHS SUBMITTED: TBD
    BIQ/ ORIENTATION: TBD
    INITIAL INTERVIEW: TBD
    CVSA: TBD
    FINAL INTERVIEW: TBD
    MEDICAL: TBD
    PSYCH WRITTEN: TBD
    PSYCH INTERVIEW: TBD

Comment

• Goldbadge85
      Goldbadge85 commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome aboard! You’re moving at a good pace.

• J_Man0827
      J_Man0827 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Markpas, I took the same PAT and written on 1/20 and 1/21.How do you feel you did?
      The year long process has just begun...

• Markpas
      Markpas commented
      Editing a comment
      I think I did good, not great on the written test.on the physical side of things, i need to start running more to get more stamina.

• J_Man0827
      J_Man0827 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Markpas, have you gotten your rank yet? I received my t score a week ago but haven’t gotten my rank. We both tested together which is why I’m curious.

Hello all, figured id throw my info in here. Applied in the Coastal Division due to testing date and my availability but live in Lake Tahoe so Valley Division will be doing my background investigation.

APPLIED: 08/7/2017
    PAT: 12/17/2017
    WRITTEN: 12/17/2017
    RESULTS/ RANK : 1/4/2018 Rank 4
    esoph NOTICE: 1/10/2018
    PHS SUBMITTED: Soon!

Comment

• Goldbadge85
      Goldbadge85 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello and welcome aboard. If possible, get that phs turned in as soon as possible. The sooner the better. Good luck on your process!

• Tahoelivin
      Tahoelivin commented
      Editing a comment
      Been working all day! got most forms already waiting on transcripts and thats about it! should be good by this week!

I've been wondering, what does the BIQ consist of? Like what do they ask?

Comment

• Goldbadge85
      Goldbadge85 commented
      Editing a comment
      They’re going to give you a bunch of forms with yes or no questions. For every question answered with yes, you’ll have to wirte down a detailed explanation for that specific question.
      Last edited by Goldbadge85; 01-14-2018, 01:40 AM.

Hello everyone new to the forum but I have been following since the 2016 page... second time applicant out of state with border division
    Good luck everyone, we got this!!!

Applied: 10/30/2017
    Pat due: 02/08/2018

Comment

• Goldbadge85
      Goldbadge85 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to have you on board buddy! Good luck on your test and post your progress.

I applied back in 2017 and was selected, but I turned the job down. It was for personal reasons and it was early enough that it gave somebody else a chance. Don't get me wrong I really wanted CHP as a career but the timing just wasn't right.

Comment

• Goldbadge85
      Goldbadge85 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Johnny how far did you make it trhough the process ?

Should this be moved maybe to the CA section?
    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
    "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
    DA Security Guard, APG MD (GS-5 Step 06)

Comment

• COMoparfan392
      COMoparfan392 commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't give them any good ideas now!

I've read through the last several years of the Testing Cycle Forum and the knowledge I've acquired from my fellow applicants has been invaluable. I'm absolutely grateful for the help I've received throughout this process, so I finally decided to post my timeline.

SOUTHERN DIVISION

APPLIED: 03/24/2017
    PAT: 06/24/2017
    WRITTEN: 06/25/2017
    WRITTEN RESULTS: 07/12/2017 (Rank 4)
    eSOPH NOTICE: 07/14/2017
    eSOPH SUBMITTED: 08/01/2017
    BIQ / ORIENTATION: 08/17/2017
    INITIAL INTERVIEW: 08/21/2017
    CVSA / FINGERPRINTING: 09/07/2017
    FINAL INTERVIEW / PSYCH WRITTEN: 09/22/2017
    MEDICAL: 10/07/2017
    2nd MEDICAL: 10/14/2017 (Nurse at first appointment didn't know how to operate an EKG machine)
    MEDICAL CLEARED: 10/27/2017
    PSYCH ORAL: 11/27/2017
    PSYCH CLEARED: 12/16/2017
    ACADEMY INVITE: TBD

Comment

• Goldbadge85
      Goldbadge85 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats man that’s awesome!

• J_Man0827
      J_Man0827 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow that’s about a six month process and you’ll already cleared psych. Congrats!

Hello everyone! Can anyone give me heads up about the Psych evaluation? Mine is next week and tomorrow i will have my Medical Evaluation. Thanks and good luck to you all.

Comment

• Goldbadge85
      Goldbadge85 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello. What division are you from? Unfortunately, there’s nothing any of us can do to help you pass the psych. Just be confident when speaking with the Dr and elaborate any questions that he/she may have regarding your psych written test. Good luck to you and keep us posted!

• Mr_Chp2018
      Mr_Chp2018 commented
      Editing a comment
      Goldbadge85, i am from the Inland Division Sir! Thank you i will do my best. I want to fulfill my dream of becoming a CHP officer.

How are you guys preparing for the academy physically? I am currently running 2-3 miles 4 times a week at a 8 minute mile pace but that’s about it. I lift a lot of weights but i need to get into my head the idea that i should be more focused on endurance training rather than weight lifting.

Comment

• Goldbadge85
      Goldbadge85 commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s good that you’re running a lot. Also, focus more on calisthenics workouts like push ups, pull ups , sit ups etc. Weight lifting is not a bad idea, but you don’t want to put too much focus on that to get ready for the academy.

Hello everyone!

Here is my timeline...

APPLIED: 07/27/2017
    PAT: 11/11/2017
    WRITTEN: 11/12/2017
    RESULTS/ RANK : 11/30/2017 Rank 6
    esoph NOTICE: 12/07/2017
    PHS SUBMITTED: 01/04/2018
    ACADEMY INVITE: TBD

Hopefully I get a call from my BI this week. Any tips regarding the orientation and initial interview would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Goldbadge85
      Goldbadge85 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Danny. Congrats on passing the written test and moving on to the background phase. The BIQ and initial interview are not too bad as long as your background is decent. Just know the duties of a CHP officer and the mission statement of the CHP before meeting up with your B/I. What division are you from ?
      Last edited by Goldbadge85; 01-31-2018, 12:59 AM.

• Danny00881
      Danny00881 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello Goldbadge... Thank you!

Im from the Inland division.

Here's my updated timeline

INLAND DIVISION

APPLIED: 04/08/2017
    PAT: 07/22/2017
    WRITTEN: 07/23/2017
    RESULTS/ RANK 5: 08/01/2017
    esoph NOTICE: 08/08/2017
    PHS SUBMITTED: 08/24/2017
    BIQ/ ORIENTATION: 10/30/2017
    INITIAL INTERVIEW: 11/14/2017
    CVSA: 12/27/2017
    FINAL INTERVIEW: 01/04/2018
    MEDICAL: 01/09/2018
    PSYCH WRITTEN: 01/10/2018

Good luck everyone!

Comment

Hello ladies and gentleman, i really hope you guys can help me with this huge concern that i have regarding the CHP Academy.
      I started this process on January 2017, after 1 long year, i just did my medical evaluation last week and i am pretty positive i will be medical cleared. I will also have my psych next week and i want to be optimistic and think i will pass and i will get my invite to the academy this year. My concern is, i am currently working out, 2-3 miles of cardio a day 8 min mile, pushups, situps, crunches, burpees and pullups. My main concern is the English language. I am a cotizen of the USA but i know Spanish way more than i know English, and lately, it has gotten to my head that it can be a huge problem for me when i make it to the academy, i am afraid of not understanding something or my lack of English being a barrier for me. I believe a CHP officer must know perfect English in order to be in the field. What do you guys think? Can that be a big problem? Or is it just me getting nervous way ahead of time? Please i would like to read your opinions, it will help me a lot.
      thank you.

Comment

• Goldbadge85
        Goldbadge85 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello. Congrats on making it this far in the process. You’ve passed the POST pellet b written exam which is a good sign that you have a decent comprehension of the English language. The classes taught at the academy are at a college level and it’s imperative that you brush up your English skills in order to be successful with report writing at the academy and throughout your career as you already know by now that report writing is the blood line of this profession. I can suggest college courses like English 101 etc. Depending on how much time you have left before the academy you should be able to bring your English skills at a college level before receiving an academy invitation. Good luck to you and don’t hesitate to ask more questions. Btw when did you take your psych written?
        Last edited by Goldbadge85; 02-05-2018, 02:43 AM.

• AKA_Opie
        AKA_Opie commented
        Editing a comment
        You don’t need college level English to attend the academy. It may be a little more difficult for you, but that’s why you ask questions and get clarification. The academy staff is there to help each cadet succeed. There have been numerous cadets attend and graduate the academy who’s second language is English. I’m not saying that it wouldn’t hurt to brush up on your English skills, but I wouldn’t stress about it too much. They aren’t going to send invites to people they think will fail out, it’s not practical. Also, be careful of getting too much advice and over thinking things you read here on the forums. A lot of the information is blown out of proportion and people speak on things that they have only heard of. The best route to take is to just wait and see what happens if you’re fortunate enough to make it. Goodluck
        Last edited by AKA_Opie; 02-05-2018, 09:52 PM.

• Goldbadge85
        Goldbadge85 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Mr_Chp2018 by any chance did you attend the Applicant development program hosted by the inland division recruitment that just ended a couple of weeks ago? I’m also an applicant from inland and I’m just waiting on the psych oral.

Goldbadge85, no i didn’t because i work full time and i work all Thursdays, i really wanted to go. My Bi told me there are supposed to be more courses for future cadets once they get their academy invitation so they can be prepared for the academy. I am looking forward to attend those, don’t care if i have to ask for vacation every Thursday until i start the academy.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Just received my passing total T-score of 53.70. First time Taking the Pellet B and was wondering if anyone knew how it was graded?

Comment

• Roscoe968
          Roscoe968 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice score. Have you received your rank from CHP?

• J_Man0827
          J_Man0827 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have not yet received a rank, but when I do I'll post it.

Well im back, update for now. Last post i got an eSOPH notice so the rest has happened since then

APPLIED: 08/7/2017
        PAT: 12/17/2017
        WRITTEN: 12/17/2017
        RESULTS/ RANK : 1/4/2018 Rank 4
        esoph NOTICE: 1/10/2018
        PHS SUBMITTED: 1/30/2018
        BIQ/ ORIENTATION: 2/15/2018
        INITIAL INTERVIEW: 2/15/2018

Not sure if the BIQ is the initial interview but I have received a request to meet with the background investigator in the valley division on the 15th. So good news and hopefully all goes well. Anything to be prepared for at the initial interview? Was informed to have all forms submitted in the Esoph and copies of those forms. I was contacted for this interview on the 8th.

Comment

• Goldbadge85
          Goldbadge85 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello. Congrats on starting the background process. Usually the BIQ comes before the initial interview and you’ll return on another day for the initial. However, there have been cases where applicants had their BIQ and initial on the same day. Just make sure that you know the CHP’s mission statement and the duties of a CHP officer. Good luck to you and keep us posted on your progress!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10111 users online. 369 members and 9742 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X