Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few more minutes before the next class of cadets start at the CHP Academy!!! Its been a long journey for some, and an even loger one for others. But the day is finally here!!! Congratulations to everyone!!! Stay motivated, stay focused and keep pushing yourselves!!! Best of luck to everyone!!!

Comment

• Hey everyone!
      I was wondering if anyone on this forum has any experience applying while active duty and going through the process that way. I am stationed outside of CA and want to know what a timeline looks like for travel.

Thank you all.

Comment

• Julz209
        Julz209 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello, I myself applied while on active duty. I basically started the application process right at 1 year prior to my ETS date. I was stationed in Hawaii and had to fly back to CA about 3 times total(the last time was when I flew home on Terminal Leave). It all depends on your BI and how they manage your case. My BI worked with me and my situation. Also, it depends on how cool your Chain of command is with letting you go on leave. I say go for it, you’ll always wonder “what if” if you don’t. I took the chance and recently found out I cleared psych. Now just waiting on academy class. Good luck!

• jp1990
        jp1990 commented
        Editing a comment
        Julz209 Thank you! I applied and took my physical and written test in October of 2016 and just re-activated my waiver. Its nice to hear from someone who is going through a similar situation! Did they schedule multiple phases for each visit?

• Hey, what’s going on everyone? I’m new to this forum. Here is my timeline. Hopefully I will be able to get into the March 18, 2019 academy. I also have a couple questions.

Central Section
      Applied- 5/26/17
      Testing- 9/23-24/17
      Results- 10/4/17 (Rank 5)
      Background Submissions- 11/22/17
      BIQ- 1/25/18
      1st Interview/Fingerprints- 8/13/18
      CVSA- 9/21/18
      2nd Interview- 10/30/18
      Medical- 11/05/18
      Written Pysch- 11/06/18
      Oral Pysch- TBD

Anyone know how long it takes to be notified that you passed medical? And do they call you or email you in regards to that? Or do you call CalHR? Thanks!

Comment

• MISSION-CHP
        MISSION-CHP commented
        Editing a comment
        I called The Cadet Hiring Unit (CHU) to get my results 5 weeks after my Medical Evaluation. You can reach them at (916)843-3760

007. commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok nice. I’ll give them a call next week then. Thanks man.

• Hey all,
      I have been reading this throughout my process and found it extremely helpful, finally joined to add what I can to it. Here is my timeline;

Valley Division:

Applied: 10/22/2017
      PAT: 1/13/2018
      Written: 1/13/2018
      Written Results: 2/2/2018
      T-Score Results: 2/12/2018 (T-Score 69.4/Rank 3)

Background Submission (eSOPH)
      Opened: 2/23/2018
      Closed: 3/16/2018

Initial Interview: 6/27/2018
      CVSA: 7/24/2018
      Final Interview: 10/10/2018
      Fingerprints: 10/10/2018
      Written Psych: 10/10/2018
      Medical: 10/19/2018

*Ride Along: 11/2/2018 (Auburn Sub. Station)
      I was instructed to take a ride along during my final interview while I waited for Psych by my background investigator, this doesn't seem to be a requirement but I did it anyways.

Oral Psych: 12/11/2018

Hiring process sure has been the "long game", hopefully will get an invite to the March Academy.
      Last edited by Spalos23; 01-03-2019, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• Hey all! Just figured I’d throw out there maybe a list for those of us now waiting for an invite. I have been told I’m clear of the psych and was informed to be looking for an invite sometime in January for the March academy.

Im going to be planning on attending the APP’s for valley division when work and snow allow me to do so, as I live in Lake Tahoe. So if anyone else is clear of everything let me know we’ll get this going and maybe we can meet up at a future APP in Sac! I’m pretty pumped on this and can’t wait to see who I may be spending a good deal of time with come March!

Congrats to those who started December’s class yesterday and we’ll hopefully be seeing you come March!

1. Tahoelivin
        2. MISSION-CHP
        3. T_man88
        4. Julz209
        5. Amberja
        Last edited by Tahoelivin; 12-27-2018, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• Tahoelivin
          Tahoelivin commented
          Editing a comment
          Other than a physical workout, what have the APP’s you’ve attended so far consisted of?

• Julz209
          Julz209 commented
          Editing a comment
          Just waiting on an invite!

• T_man88
          T_man88 commented
          Editing a comment
          The workouts in the Golden Gate division start out with showing the proper push up and sit-up form, academy style jumping jacks, squats, lunges, leg lifts, and doing them all back to back no rest. And always doing the 1 1/2 mile and the 300m sprint. The recruiters always stick around at the end to talk to applicants and answer any questions about the process and Academy life.

• amberja
          amberja commented
          Editing a comment
          Update: I have cleared everything as of 12/21 and am now waiting on an Academy invite!

• Good evening to everyone. I got my esoph notice on November 13th but didn’t find it in my junk folder until November 26th. Luckily I used the sheet they gave me at the written test and had most of the paperwork I needed. It took some late nights but managed to get it completed before the deadline. Now I’m just waiting again. I’m assuming Orientation will be next.

Comment

• CaliLove55
          CaliLove55 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ohm96 I got my eSOPH notice through e-mail. Never got anything on the CHP website regarding eSOPH, only my test results.

• Ohm96
          Ohm96 commented
          Editing a comment
          CaliLove55 was it also in your junk email? Is there anywhere I can go to check? Or is that email the only way? Thanks.

• CaliLove55
          CaliLove55 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ohm96 No it was not in my junk folder. just a standard email. I took my written on 9/30 and I got my esoph notice around 10/25. So it took about a month. If it's been a while you might want to call the CHU for your division?

• Ohm96
          Ohm96 commented
          Editing a comment
          CaliLove55 I have seen according to other timelines that it varies between a couple days and about a month so I was not too concerned. I got my rank on 10/30 but i was rank 3 so I am not sure if the esoph notices all come out at the same time or if they depend on your rank.

• For those that have completed the process, how long did it take you guys to get your psych results? I made a post here back when I did my oral interview on 10/26 being really nervous about failing, but haven't been notified of anything. We are on the 7th week now. I call CHU and they told me they haven't received anything from CalHR

Comment

• T_man88
          T_man88 commented
          Editing a comment
          I had my interview in October as well and I called 3 or 4 weeks after and was told I passed. But some take longer than others. Also from what I’ve heard if you haven’t received a DQ letter in the mail or your account doesn’t show DQ’d by now most likely you have passed. No news on the Psych results is a good thing.

• MISSION-CHP
          MISSION-CHP commented
          Editing a comment
          I was a weekend away from hitting the 8 week mark as well. The unknown was definitely a major head scratcher! Nearly took half my head off. Anyhow, after 7 weeks and 5 days, I called CHU for like the 100th time and was finally given the news that I cleared Psych. I think your in a good position. Usually, no news is good news. This was the case for me. Hang in there. Im sure your in!

• T_man88 That's what I was thinking. I've heard of people getting the pass around 3 weeks. The first few weeks were nerve racking with "Man I hope I don't get a DQ letter today". Now it's become "Just tell me if I'm PT'n for no reason!" Lol Did yours update to "waiting for invite" once you passed?

MISSION-CHP at least I'm not alone on this. Once you finally had your results, did it update in the application system? I check that thing a few times a day.

The problem I have, is that I've completed everything for a local police dept just waiting for the unconditional offer. I've been told a possible academy of Feb, but my dream is CHP. Tough spot to be in. I'd really like to just get CHU to tell me I passed so I can withdraw from the PD.
        Last edited by GMPP; 12-12-2018, 02:32 AM.

Comment

• MISSION-CHP
          MISSION-CHP commented
          Editing a comment
          Nerve wracking it is!!! In the cadet application system, its still under "Passed Background Investigation" Im guessing it will change to something else in the coming weeks. Maybe around the time they start sending out the Academy Invitations.

• T_man88
          T_man88 commented
          Editing a comment
          My account still shows “Passed Background Investigation”. I’m assuming you still haven’t heard anything......hang in there !

• Well I just received my unconditional offer with the other department I'm in the process with. Academy date in February. Called CHU and still no update. They are saying once they receive the psych I might get the offer in January. Really hoping I get one!

Comment

• So my BI sent me an email a few weeks ago asking me to make sure I have all my docs together because he wanted to schedule my initial interview. I told him I was available and didn't receive a response for a few days. I followed up and he told me he was going out of town until December 10th and he'd follow up with me then. It's been about a week since I thought he might get back to me. Should I send another follow up? I don't want to be a pest and I'm sure he'll get to me at some point...but I'm eager to keep the process moving!! What do y'all think?

Comment

• Originally posted by S.c.o90 View Post
            So my BI sent me an email a few weeks ago asking me to make sure I have all my docs together because he wanted to schedule my initial interview. I told him I was available and didn't receive a response for a few days. I followed up and he told me he was going out of town until December 10th and he'd follow up with me then. It's been about a week since I thought he might get back to me. Should I send another follow up? I don't want to be a pest and I'm sure he'll get to me at some point...but I'm eager to keep the process moving!! What do y'all think?
            I think you should chill out. It is the holidays and BIs are pretty busy. CHPs process is not known to be fast. Relax and trust me they dint forget they have you in their case load.
            sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
            -George Orwell

Comment

• S.c.o90
              S.c.o90 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah that's a fair point about the holidays too. Very well!

• Central Division (Bakersfield)

PAT: 09/23/17
            WRITTEN: 09/24/17
            RESULTS: 10/04/17
            ESOPH NOTICE: 11/02/17
            PHS SUBMITTED: 11/24/17
            BIQ: 01/25/18
            INITIAL INTERVIEW: 08/13/2018
            CVSA/FINGERPRINTS: 09/14/2018
            FINAL INTERVIEW: 10/25/2018
            MEDICAL: 10/29/2018
            PSYCH WRITTEN: 11/01/2018
            PSYCH ORAL: 01/08/2018
            ACADEMY INVITE: TBA
            Last edited by JaySS; 01-09-2019, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• Hi all,

Here is my timeline, I received notification today that I passed everything as of 12/21/18 and should be awaiting an academy invite.

Golden Gate Division

Applied:
              12/04/17

Physical: 1/27/18

Written: 1/28/18

Written Results: Rank 5

PHS notice: 2/23/18

Initial Interview: 4/19/18

CVSA: 5/17/18

Final interview: 6/18/17

Medical: 9/9/18

Written psych: 9/12/18

Psych interview: 10/9/18

Cleared Psych: 12/13/18

Cleared Medical: 12/21/18

Academy invite: waiting....

Good luck to everyone still in the process and fingers crossed for March Academy invites soon to those waiting!!

Happy New Year!

Comment

• GMPP
                GMPP commented
                Editing a comment
                Damn so took you 9 weeks to get the Psych cleared? I took mine on 10/26 and still haven't gotten the ok. CHU said this week that it's still not updated

• amberja
                amberja commented
                Editing a comment
                GMPP yeah it took a while to hear back on psych. Did you have your interview in Sacramento? I have heard that can sometimes speed up the process, otherwise as a baseline, you are looking at 8+ weeks.

• Good morning folks. I heard from my BI today and here's an updated timeline of my application process thus far. I'm really hoping I can get into a cadet class this calendar year.

Golden Gate Division

APPLIED: 06/24/2018
              PAT: 10/06/2018
              WRITTEN: 10/06/2018
              RESULTS/ RANK: 60.5, Rank 1 - 10/30/2018
              esoph NOTICE: 11/1/2018
              PHS SUBMITTED: 11/21/2018
              ASSIGNED BACKGROUND INVEST.: 11/27/2018
              BIQ/ ORIENTATION: 1/6/19
              INITIAL INTERVIEW: 1/6/19
              CVSA: tbd
              FINAL INTERVIEW: tbd
              MEDICAL: tbd
              PSYCH WRITTEN: tbd
              PSYCH INTERVIEW: tbd

Comment

• Hi all,

I have to ask as I am anxiously waiting for my invite and trying to plan around it ... does anyone know if it is certain that you will get an invite if invites have not gone out for the next class yet and you have cleared everything in the hiring process?

Comment

• Spalos23
                  Spalos23 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It is not guaranteed that you (or any of us still waiting) will be invited to the next upcoming academy. From what I understand is, once they finish all the items in the hiring process, your file goes into the bottom of a stack of "eligible for academy". Then they take the ones on top and fill in academy spots until they reach the max number. This is state wide which is why some academies have an influx of people from one area rather than a balance throughout the state. It is more than likely that of us waiting since November/December, we will get a spot but no it is not guaranteed which simply adds to the anxiety of waiting. I check the mail, my CHP account and this forum everyday in hopes to hear of some news that invites are out, patience truly is a virtue (that I seem to be running out of, lol) I will post as soon as I hear something as well, good luck!

• amberja
                  amberja commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Tahoelivin I did the same... looks like last year they were 2 weeks ahead of us so if they run close to that schedule, we are looking at the end of January/early Feb which holds true to what CHU told me to expect.

Spalos23 that is helpful insight thank you. I haven't seen anyone on here in past forums that had been waiting and did not get an invite for the next class, so that is encouraging. In relation to the rest of this process though, I have to agree with you that nothing is completely guaranteed! Trying to remain carefully optimistic though! haha

• amberja
                  amberja commented
                  Editing a comment
                  As an update: I called CHU today just to check in and ask a few questions. I added this one in. The woman I talked to let me know that if you are cleared of medical and psych, you WILL for sure be getting an invite to the next class, which she confirmed as the one beginning in March.

• GMPP
                  GMPP commented
                  Editing a comment
                  @amerja Man I hope I get a March invite. I took my psych in late October. Called yesterday and they still haven't received the results. Told me to check in another week. I've been told if I failed I would have been dq'd long ago. Hope I am not being passed up because of calhr!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4661 users online. 179 members and 4482 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X