Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to everyone who received their invites. Start studying hard and work out like crazy. Good luck to everyone in the process, your time will be here before you know it.

Comment

• Hi Everyone,

I figured it's time to share my progress thus far. Congrats to those of you who have received your invites, are in, or graduated from the academy! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous lol

Central Division

APPLIED: 10/07/2017
      PAT: 01/04/2018
      WRITTEN: 01/05/2018
      RESULTS: Rank 5, 01/18/2018
      esoph NOTICE: 02/08/2018
      PHS SUBMITTED: 03/03/2018
      BIQ/ ORIENTATION: 06/10/2018
      INITIAL INTERVIEW: TBD
      CVSA: TBD
      FINAL INTERVIEW: TBD
      MEDICAL: TBD
      PSYCH WRITTEN: TBD
      PSYCH INTERVIEW: TBD
      Academy Invite: TBD

Looking to connect with anyone who is currently going through the Central Division process. I've been told this division moves pretty slow due to its size and I'm definitely starting to feel the slow-down. Let me know if any of you are experiencing the same.

Comment

• Hello Everyone,

Just posting my timeline to here and congrats to those going to December academy.

Golden Gate Division

Applied- November 2017
        PAT- January 2018
        Written- January 2018
        Results- February 2018 Rank 6
        Submitted PHS- March 2018
        Background orientation- March 2018
        Initial Interview- April 2018
        CVSA- July 2018
        Final Interview- August 2018
        Medical- August 2018
        Psych written- August 2018
        Psych Interview- 10/22/18
        Academy Invite- TBA
        Last edited by T_man88; 11-03-2018, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• Hi all,

Posting my timeline again with an update on my psych interview date and congrats to Dec academy class!

Golden Gate Division

Applied:
          12/04/17

Physical: 1/27/18

Written: 1/28/18

Written Results: Rank 5

PHS notice: 2/23/18

Initial Interview: 4/19/18

CVSA: 5/17/18

Final interview: 6/18/17

Medical: 9/9/18

Written psych: 9/12/18

Psych interview: 10/9/18

Academy invite: TBD

Also, my BI had informed me that after speaking with CHU very recently that there were still spots open for the December class. Not sure if there is a disconnect somewhere or if someone knows otherwise?

Comment

• amberja
            amberja commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey MISSION-CHP, where did you do your psych interview? Was it in Sacramento at CalHR?

• MISSION-CHP
            MISSION-CHP commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, It was at 1810 16th St in Sacramento. I see that you have your Psych Interview coming up. Wishing you the best!
            Last edited by MISSION-CHP; 10-08-2018, 04:32 AM.

• CHPCadet
            CHPCadet commented
            Editing a comment
            Don you happen to know what the medical is composed of?

• amberja
            amberja commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey CHPCadet,

Yes, the medical is basically like a physical. They do some mobility, they check your heart rate resting and recovery (you have to do a 1 min exercise like jumping jacks to get your HR up). You give a urine sample and they take about 3 viles of your blood. At the end, you get interviewed by a Dr. about your medical history.

• Well here’s my update!

APPLIED: 08/7/2017
          PAT: 12/17/2017
          WRITTEN: 12/17/2017
          RESULTS/ RANK : 1/4/2018 Rank 4
          esoph NOTICE: 1/10/2018
          PHS SUBMITTED: 1/30/2018
          BIQ/ ORIENTATION: 2/15/2018
          INITIAL INTERVIEW: 2/15/2018
          CVSA: 7/12/2018
          FINAL INTERVIEW: 8/16/2018
          MEDICAL: 8/19/2018
          PSYCH WRITTEN: 8/16/2018
          PSYCH INTERVIEW: 9/27/2018

I called the CHU a few days ago and was informed I have cleared psych, so now I wait to see about either December or the following academy! I’m pumped and ready to go! Hope to see all or some soon here!!

Comment

• MISSION-CHP
            MISSION-CHP commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow!!! Congrats to you!!! I took my psych oral 10 days before you did. Called CHU this Monday (4 weeks after my Psych Oral) and they still didn't have my results. Starting to get a bit worried. Still playing the waiting game along with other applicants here. Has your status changed on the CHP website? Super excited for you!!! Congrats once again!

• Tahoelivin
            Tahoelivin commented
            Editing a comment
            My status has not changed online, still states passed background investigation which happened a few months ago! The CHU was fairly vague about academy, I didn’t poke much to find out info but she told me to be waiting for an email and stated an officer is “working on the December class” so I’d say I still have hope for December academy but who knows!!! Either way I am pumped for the next step! Maybe I’ll be seeing you for our first day of academy! Out of curiosity which division are you going through?

• MISSION-CHP
            MISSION-CHP commented
            Editing a comment
            I called this Friday and was given false hope. Tina (CHU) advised me that if all goes well I'm most likely looking to be in the next academy class which will most likely be in March. I can surely use that extra time.

I applied with the Golden Gate Division (GGD) but got transferred out to Valley Division (VD). Did the PAT and Written Test in the GGD and the rest was done at the VD. If everything goes good with this Psych Interview we may end up in the same class!!!

• Tahoelivin
            Tahoelivin commented
            Editing a comment
            Well that’s good! Hopefully you get all cleared and yes we may end up together!! I’ll post up on here if I get word of anything different! Good luck to you! And I was almost the same as you but did my pat and written with coastal division then transferred to valley division for the rest!

• Hi Everyone,

I’ve currently completed everything up to the BIQ/Orientation step in the process which has been done since June of this year and currently waiting for my initial interview. I’m becoming very hesitant to call or email my BI just to get a status update because I’ve been told that my process is taking a little longer than others I know who have gone through this process in the very same division and office.

I know patience is very important, but I just want to know if anyone has called their BI mid-process for a status update. Is this frowned upon?

Heres what I’ve done so far—

APPLIED: 10/07/2017
          PAT: 01/04/2018
          WRITTEN: 01/05/2018
          RESULTS: Rank 5, 01/18/2018
          esoph NOTICE: 02/08/2018
          PHS SUBMITTED: 03/03/2018
          BIQ/ ORIENTATION: 06/10/2018
          INITIAL INTERVIEW: TBD
          CVSA: TBD

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

• tthornton1991
            tthornton1991 commented
            Editing a comment
            I can tell you coming from central that they have a high volume of cases they are working. They are not ignoring you. It can take quite some time before they get to you because of the cases and the detail that goes with doing them.

• Specifically For all those who are awaiting the December academy (and everyone else too) what are some topics/material you’re using to study and how are you preparing for the academy. I wonder if I’m missing out some sort of preparation that I haven’t thought of. Thank you guys!

Border Div
          CTC IV-2018

Comment

• GGD_CHP
            GGD_CHP commented
            Editing a comment
            do you know if Border Division Backgrounds/Recruitment hosts seminars for those applicants getting ready to go the academy? At a minimum you should be studying the Cadet SOP and the aural brevity codes and going to the APP workouts.
            Last edited by GGD_CHP; 10-26-2018, 05:19 PM.

• Hey All,

Currently in the process for the Golden Gate Division. Here is my timeline:

APPLIED: 1/23/2018
          PAT: 6/9/2018
          WRITTEN: 6/10/2018
          RESULTS: Rank 5, 6/20/2018
          esoph NOTICE: 6/22/2018
          PHS SUBMITTED: 7/13/2018
          INITIAL INTERVIEW: 7/27/2018
          CVSA: 11/12/2018

Comment

• Just finished my psych oral. Lasted 1 hour and we went over everything. He did a lot of writing. I felt like my answers we're good and overall it went ok but man you just never know. Left feeling confident, now I'm very nervous! Did anyone's psych talk to them about the academy? Is that standard? Was my interview length a bad sign? I'm crapping bricks.
            Last edited by GMPP; 10-26-2018, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• GMPP They just asked me like what if it’s hard for me or I don’t make it how will I feel or what would I do. Lol but nothing major I guess.

Comment

• Etor91
                Etor91 commented
                Editing a comment
                GMPP mine was about an hour. 1 hour to an hour and a half seems to be what everyone usually does.

• GMPP
                GMPP commented
                Editing a comment
                And you passed? I got asked to clarify my responses on a free questions. Did you have that? Kind of over analyzing this buy there's so much on the line!

• Etor91
                Etor91 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah I got into the December academy. And I was asked to clarify a few things. Not everything is necessarily a good or bad thing because all doctors work in their own way so it’s hard to say for certain what is good or bad or right or wrong.

• GMPP
                GMPP commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah see I didn't really get anything negative from my doc. I think it bothers me more that I couldn't get a read on him. I got the occasional smile and all but nothing past that. We had decent chatter in the elevator ride to and from the interview room though. Guess I will have to appeal if I fail it.

• Goldbadge85 I need to know everything about when you were dqd.

Comment

• Hello everyone! Just started out in the process and am applying out of LA. My timeline so far:

Southern Division

APPLIED: 07/31/2018
                PAT: 09/29/2018
                WRITTEN TEST: 09/30/2018
                WRITTEN RESULTS: 10/23/2018 (Total T-score = 65.00)
                eSOPH NOTICE: 10/25/2018
                RANK RESULTS: 10/30/2018 (Rank 3)
                eSOPH SUBMITTED: In Progress

I've gotten all of my documents together but am currently filling out the questionnaires. Man, there is so much stuff to fill out and a lot of people to contact. Good luck ya'll.

Comment

• Inland Division

APPLIED: 05/29/2018
                  PAT: 10/20/2018
                  WRITTEN: 10/20/2018
                  RESULTS/ RANK : 11/01/2018 Rank 6
                  esoph NOTICE: 11/09/2018
                  PHS SUBMITTED: TBA
                  BIQ/ ORIENTATION: TBA
                  INITIAL INTERVIEW: TBA
                  CVSA: TBA
                  FINAL INTERVIEW: TBA
                  MEDICAL: TBA
                  PSYCH WRITTEN: TBA
                  PSYCH INTERVIEW: TBA
                  ACADEMY INVITE: TBA

Since I ranked 6, will it take me longer to go into backgrounds?
                  Last edited by CHPHull; 11-10-2018, 12:22 AM. Reason: Update

Comment

• Dcg89
                    Dcg89 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes.. from my understanding some of the people who took the PAT in Aug havnt even been assigned investigators yet. Hang in there, it’s a long process but worth it

• oscar650
                    oscar650 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I took my pellet-b in March and had my BI Interview on October 25, submitted my BIQ on November 2 and now I have my CVSA on November 9 in Vallejo. Be patient because when they contact you it will come at you fast. Hope this helps.

• Central Division (Bakersfield)

PAT: 09/23/17
                  WRITTEN: 09/24/17
                  RESULTS: 10/04/17
                  ESOPH NOTICE: 11/02/17
                  PHS SUBMITTED: 11/24/17
                  BIQ: 01/25/18
                  INITIAL INTERVIEW: 08/13/2018
                  CVSA/FINGERPRINTS: 09/14/2018
                  MEDICAL: 10/29/2018
                  PSYCH WRITTEN: 11/01/2018
                  PSYCH ORAL: TBA
                  ACADEMY INVITE: TBA

Hello everyone, I'm hoping for first academy next year(March or April?). Hope to see everyone there, and good luck to those that are going to upcoming academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by JaySS View Post
                    [B]
                    Hello everyone, I'm hoping for first academy next year(March or April?). Hope to see everyone there, and good luck to those that are going to upcoming academy.
                    [/FONT]
                    Im gonna go with March 18, 2019. Better start running.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6961 users online. 331 members and 6630 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X