X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F67
    replied
    Originally posted by ILikeCheesecake

Anyone have the address for the aov academy so I can mapquest it?

Just look up antelope valley college. its in Lancaster.

Leave a comment:

• DOAcop38
    replied
    Originally posted by grey myst
    I think it's 15 or 30 from ELAC...
    a buddy( ex sheriff) says its now "30"-thru LACCD. LAPD gets (36) thru the LACCD-LA city College( go figure...)

Leave a comment:

• grey myst
    replied
    Originally posted by phxsundevil19
    Do you get college credits from graduating the LASD academy? if so how many and who is it through? thanks

I think it's 15 or 30 from ELAC...

Leave a comment:

• hbliam
    replied
    I got about 20 units from LBCC and COD.

Leave a comment:

• exComptonCop
    replied
    Originally posted by phxsundevil19
    Do you get college credits from graduating the LASD academy? if so how many and who is it through? thanks
    I received ten elective units, through Rio Hondo College.

Leave a comment:

• phxsundevil19
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ElDiabloJoe
    replied
    Busy = more experience in a shorter time. How many ADW's do you think happen in CEN, LNX, or CSN versus WAL, or SDM?

FWIW,

EDJ

Leave a comment:

• ask80
    replied
    yes i heard busy stations like compton, lakewood, lennox have a long wait list... and those are quite busy stations

Leave a comment:

• Ranger Hoot
    replied
    Originally posted by F67
    that is what i heard also. If you want to go to a more 'hostile' work environment, you can be on the streets after your one mandatory year of custody work. If you want to goto a less hostile work area, the wait can be a long long time.

The next COC academy is 8/17/07.
    Not exactly true. There are a few stations that are on the "slower" side that have a much shorter wait, under one year. Many of the high volume/high crime stations are quite a bit longer. Also, there is no mandatory 1 year in custody. People are getting out at about 4 months. All depends on the station choice.

Good luck in the academy, best dept. out there as far as I am concerned. Although, I might be biased towards mother green.

Leave a comment:

• ILikeCheesecake
    replied
    Originally posted by F67
    that is what i heard also. If you want to go to a more 'hostile' work environment, you can be on the streets after your one mandatory year of custody work. If you want to goto a less hostile work area, the wait can be a long long time.

August!?!?!?! Are they alternating the 'north' academies now? As in on starts in whittier, next one is aov or coc, next is whittier, next is aov or coc, etc.?

That kinda sucks if so. I'm actually only 5 mi closer to coc than whittier, but I have to drive through LA to get to whittier, where as the coc is 210 to the 5 and I'm there.

Anyone have the address for the aov academy so I can mapquest it?

Leave a comment:

• Five-0fromSoCal
    replied
    Originally posted by F67

It also depends where people live. Alot of coppers live in San Bernardino County, Riverside County. For example Industry Station. Good/busy station. Closer to where Deps live and alot of work.

Leave a comment:

• F67
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ask80
    replied
    i believe LASD academy is 18 weeks as i was told

jail times vary depending on where you want to goto patrol. I've heard deputies wait less than a year and others in for 4-5 years.

Leave a comment:

• phxsundevil19
    replied
    how long is LASD academy and how long will new officers wait in the jails?

Leave a comment:

• a7x
    replied
    Do you know how often the COC academy is held?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4758 users online. 286 members and 4472 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X