Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to state / Hospital security in northern california

Hello!

I just recently moved from Minnesota to the Sacramento area.

In Minnesota I worked for Mall of America security and in a hospital at the main level 1 trauma center of Minneapolis. The hospital was very busy and a lot of fun, pay started at 20 an hour and when I left I was at about 24. We carried tasers, pepper spray etc. I'm looking for that kind of thing again for a few years while I get used to the area and look for other jobs. Been lookong into different police departments but would like to take it slow.

Ive been doing research on hospitals in the area and it seems like UC Davis is similar to the hospital I worked at in Minneapolis. I also have interest in moving to the bay area and have done some research of hospitals in that area.

Does anyone have any good information on hospital security around here? I've noticed a lot of hospitals are run by sheriff deputies. Is this a common practice? My hospital was similar but we just had one sheriff deputy on site at all times working with us. Basically just curious where most of the police bring the drunks, and paramedics drop off critical patients. Thank you!
    Last edited by VillasB; 10-12-2017, 03:31 PM.

Did you ever get to work with Gecko45?

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyjr View Post
      Did you ever get to work with Gecko45?

I am Gecko45....

Comment

Only hospitals with deputies would be the county hospitals. The private ones will have either in house security, hospitals employees, or contract security. If it's like the university hospitals will have campus PD and campus securiry
        I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12400 users online. 467 members and 11933 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X