Ad JS

Collapse

Leaderboard

Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newport Beach, Irvine, Anaheim, Torrance, and Manhattan Beach

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I don't lie. If you are banking on OT, don't. You're going to get a nasty surprise. Most noobs do. Make sure you can work PT on the outside if you can.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

    Comment


    • #17
      Clearing my account
      Last edited by TheGingaNinja; 05-22-2017, 01:00 AM.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
        I don't lie. If you are banking on OT, don't. You're going to get a nasty surprise. Most noobs do. Make sure you can work PT on the outside if you can.
        I wouldn't listen to that. Make good choices and you'll be fine

        Comment


        • #19
          Keep in mind that IT is great for putting in the bank or buying toys, but plan your budget as if you were never going to work a minute of OT. Officers have screwed themselves by buying too much house or too many toys when the OT was plentiful. Then their agemcy gets up to full staffing, or the purse strings get tightened, and all of a sudden they're in over their head.
          Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

          I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

          Comment


          • #20
            Clearing my account
            Last edited by TheGingaNinja; 05-22-2017, 01:00 AM.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by TheGingaNinja View Post

              I'll be looking to work a lot of OT the first couple of years while my SO finishes up her doctorate. Gonna keep myself busy, and make some extra money so I can put a down on a house if I can. I like to know that OT is there if I want it.

              Tried comp sci. Bored the hell out of me. Not getting into LE work for the money.

              About the dope, I'm not stating that it was an accident. I am stating that I regret it. Not lying to myself. I'm aware it was stupid and that I shouldn't have done it. I solely made the decision to smoke. Simple as that.

              Seen you around these forums quite a bit. Gotta say, nice to see you've got no problem being straight with people.
              If you want mandatory OT, apply with LASD.

              Comment


              • #22
                Clearing my account
                Last edited by TheGingaNinja; 05-22-2017, 01:00 AM.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by TheGingaNinja View Post

                  Yep. looking into Orange County Sheriff's along with San Bernardino County as well. Mandatory overtime in the jails would be pretty good to keep me busy. Haven't actually heard much about working in the jails though. I've heard through a few deputies that the experience is priceless because you learn how to deal with the different types of criminals and their attitudes/personalities.
                  Dude you shouldn't be concerned with how much overtime your going to get, you should be concerned with becoming a COP. When I was applying to departments all I could think about was getting hired somewhere and becoming a cop, overtime and salary were the LAST THINGS on my mind.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by beachcop05 View Post

                    Dude you shouldn't be concerned with how much overtime your going to get, you should be concerned with becoming a COP. When I was applying to departments all I could think about was getting hired somewhere and becoming a cop, overtime and salary were the LAST THINGS on my mind.
                    Exactly, who knows if he is even going to get past the hiring process. It's a lengthy process, which filters out a lot of people from the get go. The oral gets a lot of people, physical gets a percentage, pre-screeners weeds out a bunch of folks. Backgrounds gets rid of most, small agencies have the luxury of weeding people out for the smallest things (PHS errors, improper attire, crumby attitude, etc), A lot of agencies have you meet with the hiring board or chief, which that can get you out. The psych can DQ you as well.

                    Now let's say you make it, now there's the academy. These agencies you mentioned, most of them send their recruits to OCSD academy. STAND BY to STAND BY with that. I know of a recruit from Torrance (Torrance would send their recruits to LASD academy, dont know if they still do) a few classes before me, that was fired for having a crumby attitude during the academy. The Torrance staff read his peer evaluations and fired him based on that, have fun trying to get on with another department after that.

                    So I would definitely not be worried about OT, or what days off your going to have or 3/12's, 4/10 or any other crazyness at this moment.
                    sigpic

                    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
                    -George Orwell

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by TheGingaNinja View Post

                      Yep. looking into Orange County Sheriff's along with San Bernardino County as well. Mandatory overtime in the jails would be pretty good to keep me busy. Haven't actually heard much about working in the jails though. I've heard through a few deputies that the experience is priceless because you learn how to deal with the different types of criminals and their attitudes/personalities.
                      If you want endless OT go to Riverside County and work transportation in the jails.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I agree with everyone. You are talking like you have the job in the bag. Man I just want to get hired on and make it through the academy. OT, man get hired first. Seems like your only applying for departments that MIGHT give you OT. You should be focused on other things.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by TheGingaNinja View Post
                          Clearing my account

                          Too late, most of your posts on here are already copied and saved by other members.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I wonder how old this guy is?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by beachcop05 View Post


                              Too late, most of your posts on here are already copied and saved by other members.
                              Yup. Lol what a dummy.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 13298 users online. 513 members and 12785 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X