300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LASD possession of alcohol as a minor

Hey everyone! I posted this in the DST forum, but no responses, so thought I'll try my own thread.

I'm trying to finish up my PHS, and have a question about "possession of alcohol as a minor". I got in trouble with my parents for a couple beers that were under my bed when I was 17, and had alcohol in my dorm room when in college. Would this constitute possession of alcohol as a minor according to the law, and should I elect "yes" on the PHS and explain this? No authorities were involved, courts, etc. Thanks for your help!

None of us have a crystal ball, so without knowing the exact wording of the question on your PHS, it's hard to give you a meaningful answer. However, the events you describe fall into the "rites of passage/boys will be boys" category. If disclosed, they should not pose a problem (assuming there is nothing more to these incidents than what you described).
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

How is the question worded on the PHS? If it asks if you committed the offense; you did. If it asks if you have or had a drinking problem; you did / do. If it asks if you were arrested / charged for the offense; you did not.

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
        None of us have a crystal ball, so without knowing the exact wording of the question on your PHS, it's hard to give you a meaningful answer. However, the events you describe fall into the "rites of passage/boys will be boys" category. If disclosed, they should not pose a problem (assuming there is nothing more to these incidents than what you described).
        "Have you committed any of the following acts within the past 10 years?"- instructions

"Possession of alcohol as a minor?"- question

nope nothing more, just a bunch of trouble with my parents!

Comment

I would recommend you put both incidents on there just to clear your mind before the polygraph. But I've put similar incidents on PHS's for two agencies and both BIs chuckled and said it's not a problem. They're looking for serious alcohol issues stemming from a young age. Good luck!

Comment

You're going to be expected to understand some pretty complex laws in the academy. That question is pretty simple. Were you in possession of alcohol as a minor? The alcohol was under your bed and you were below 21. Think about it for a second.

Comment

Originally posted by dvon714 View Post
              You're going to be expected to understand some pretty complex laws in the academy. That question is pretty simple. Were you in possession of alcohol as a minor? The alcohol was under your bed and you were below 21. Think about it for a second.
              I already had it filled out and answered yes, I just wanted to make sure.

Comment

Any question I was unsure of I just selected yes and provided an explanation. They will let you know if it constitutes as yes or no.

If you don't say anything and they find out you had something to clarify, then you might have a problem. They give you plenty of chances to answer the same questions.... over and over and over....

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4193 users online. 275 members and 3918 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X