Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

California Highway Patrol- 2017 Testing Cycle

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Jagman View Post

    Congrats Juan! I got your last message I know you were just getting ready to get your appeal interview going, glad you didn't have to go that route! As of today there's still room in the class so hopefully you get an invite soon. You're almost there!
    Thanks! I am also glad I didn't have to go that route. Dang that's good news hopefully i receive that invite soon!

    Comment


    • I said I'd post my timeline so here it is. This process is long and sometimes things come up, delays for a number of reasons, but stay dedicated!! Good luck to everyone in the process.


      Border Division
      Application: 7/6/15
      PAT: 9/26/15
      Written Test: 9/27/15
      Written Results: 10/19/15 Rank 3
      PHS Submitted: 12/21/15
      BI Assigned: 1/11/16
      Background Orientation: 2/10/16
      Initial Interview: 2/24/16
      CVSA: 3/17/16
      Final Interview: 3/28/16
      Psych Written: 3/28/16
      Medical: 4/7/16
      Psych Oral: 6/1/16
      Psych DQ: 6/18/16
      Psych Appeal Interview: 8/22/16
      Leg injury: 10/6/16
      Psych Overturn CTC IV-16 Invitation: 10/11/16
      (Had to defer due to injury)
      1/27/17: Medical Clearance CTC I-17 Invitation

      Comment


      • Hey Jagman. Did you have to repeat any part of the process since it took so long to get there? Like re-submitting your driving record or fingerprints?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by gilbygt View Post
          Hey Jagman. Did you have to repeat any part of the process since it took so long to get there? Like re-submitting your driving record or fingerprints?
          I had to redo fingerprints that's all. Had it taken any longer I would have had to redo medical and do a refresh of the background investigation.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Juan_92 View Post
            Hello everyone thought I'd let you guys know about my process. I posted back on the 2016 forum when I failed my psych interview in Sacramento on November 29, 2016. I went ahead and appealed it. Well on January 27, 2017 I received an email for CalHR stating my disqualification is hereby reversed and effective immediately. The chief psychologist at CalHR determined that I do meet the requirements for the position with CHP and I passed. I called CalHR and I comfirmed it. I never had to do a second interview with my outside psych Dr. So for anyone who has failed don't give up, my disqualification would have never been reversed if I hadn't appealed it. So now I'm just waiting on my invite to the academy, hopefully I make it to the March 15th class.
            how do you about the appeals process? Did you have to have another dr. Before you turned any paperwork in?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Jagman View Post

              Congrats Juan! I got your last message I know you were just getting ready to get your appeal interview going, glad you didn't have to go that route! As of today there's still room in the class so hopefully you get an invite soon. You're almost there!
              Did you call the CHU and they told you there was still room in 1-17? And how were notified about the DQ the first time.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by texaschips1911 View Post

                Did you call the CHU and they told you there was still room in 1-17? And how were notified about the DQ the first time.
                I was notified by mail of the DQ. It's been a little while for you and no news is usually good news. DQs usually come in three weeks or less based on posts in all of the CHP threads. But a buddy of mine called this morning and that's the class status that was given to him.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Wilhelm317 View Post

                  how do you about the appeals process? Did you have to have another dr. Before you turned any paperwork in?
                  When you receive a DQ letter in the mail it comes with a form you and your outside psych doctor fill out. Then your hired psych doctor faxes it over to CalHR to begin the appeal process.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by texaschips1911 View Post

                    Did you call the CHU and they told you there was still room in 1-17? And how were notified about the DQ the first time.
                    Mine came in the mail. From what I've been told DQ's are always mailed to you. And like jagman said DQ letters usually got out within three weeks or less. So anything past three weeks is good but also keep in mind it doesnt mean you passed until you confirm it. Just be patient and stay positive, I'm sure you're good man.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Juan_92 View Post

                      Mine came in the mail. From what I've been told DQ's are always mailed to you. And like jagman said DQ letters usually got out within three weeks or less. So anything past three weeks is good but also keep in mind it doesnt mean you passed until you confirm it. Just be patient and stay positive, I'm sure you're good man.
                      Thanks we shall see. Nothing in the mail today so fingers crossed.

                      Comment


                      • First time applying to CHP. Hopefully the Feb 2018 academy is in my future.

                        Valley Division
                        Application: 10/13/16
                        PAT: 01/14/17
                        Written Test: 01/15/17
                        Written Results: 01/25/17
                        Written Rank: 01/27/17 (rank 4)
                        BI Contact: TBD

                        Comment


                        • Hello future cadets! I have been following this post for a little while now. Thought I would give an update on my status.

                          Valley Division
                          Application: March 2016
                          PAT: May 2016
                          Written: May 2016
                          Written results: 6/6/16
                          Rank: 6/14/16
                          Background Orientation: Mid June
                          PHS submitted: 7/1/16
                          BI Interview: 8/15/16
                          CSVA: 10/22/16
                          Final Interview: 11/14/16
                          Psych Written: 11/15/16
                          Medical exam: 11/28/16
                          Psych Oral: 1/20/17

                          Just patiently waiting to hear back about my Psych Oral results. I'm hoping that there is a slight chance I will be able to make it into CTC 1-17!

                          Anyone know if the March class is full yet?

                          Comment


                          • Wow this is crazy. Just a minute ago I just received an email of my Invitation to the March academy! see you boys there! CTC 1-17!!!

                            Comment


                            • Just received my invite and accepted. See you guys on March 13. Congrats to you all!

                              Comment


                              • Has anyone attempted to contact the PSP after ther Psych oral. I know it says you shouldn't, but has anyone done it.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5303 users online. 340 members and 4963 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X