Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My status finally changed to "Passed Background Investigations!"

Comment

Good news guys. The doc has come in and cleared me for medical. You guys should inquire about your status!

Comment

Originally posted by CIRE View Post

Everyone who passes the PELLETB is placed in a rank from 1-6. 1 being the top scores and those who have applied for veteran's preference. Rank 6 has all of the lowest passing scores (48+). A higher rank just means that you go through backgrounds first. From what I have been told it may just be a couple more months until an investigator gets to you. That is what I've been told by recruiters in the Valley Division.

Not sure on your application status. I am going through the process for the first time. Waiting for my written rank and then backgrounds.
        Thanks for the heads up! Ive heard an academy date if everything goes good still takes 8 months towards a year regardless of ranking? Id assume higher ranking you'd get in to a sooner class? Everyone going through this process take advatange of the lengthy process. I think most of us who applied this january and got our test Results will be part of a march class next year for us folks in ranks 4-6 and ranks 1-3 part of a January class. Just my assumption by reading some of these progress updates. Hopefully it's a little sooner for all of us. Get that cardio in and get in better shape to help the academy process be slightly easier! We don't want to go in there not in shape after a long year process. They'll take notice. I'm still impatiently waiting to get another email. Hopefully sometime next week!
        Last edited by pdamian; 01-27-2017, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by monsterdiv View Post

Contact your BI...see whats up?
          I emailed my BI and he said they are actively working on my case. They would have said something to me if I was DQed or something? Right? It has been a little over 3 months since I handed in my BIQ.

Comment

Originally posted by JerseyCHP View Post

I emailed my BI and he said they are actively working on my case. They would have said something to me if I was DQed or something? Right? It has been a little over 3 months since I handed in my BIQ.
            From what I have heard...they would definitely let you know if you got DQ'ed. I assume that you are out of state?

Comment

From what I have heard...they would definitely let you know if you got DQ'ed. I assume that you are out of state?
              Ok. Thanks for the info.
              Yes. I am out of state. I'm from New Jersey. You think that has anything to do with it? I mean I have seen other out of state applicant's timeline on here and it was similar to in state applicants.

Comment

Ok. Thanks for the info.
                Yes. I am out of state. I'm from New Jersey. You think that has anything to do with it? I mean I have seen other out of state applicant's timeline on here and it was similar to in state applicants.
                Everyone's situation is unique. All you can do is wait. Being out of state definitely slows your process down.

Comment

Ok. Thanks for the info.
                  Yeah, out of state moves slow...I read it on some of the other threads. Be patient, get into stellar shape, and the 411 on that is no work out and conditioned can prep you for the academy...but it definitely helps. Thats what I am doing to keep sane before the psych and academy

Comment

Hey everybody, I was medically cleared today and received my invitation for CTC 1-17! Glad to be able to accept the invitation this time around. See you guys and gals in March!! I'll post my timeline to give some reference for those still in the process. My overall timeline was a little extended for a couple different reasons, but it is definitely worth the wait. I know some of you are experiencing long waits, hang in there! Your time will come. Stay motivated!!
                    Last edited by Jagman; 01-27-2017, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueandGold View Post

I heard there was a final PT test all cadets must pass in order to graduate. What does it consist of?
                      You have three PFT's and one POST mandated physical test. Just do every workout you can think of that uses body weight, make sure to run and don't quit.

Comment

What are the most popular options for boots?

Comment

Originally posted by AKA_Opie View Post

You have three PFT's and one POST mandated physical test. Just do every workout you can think of that uses body weight, make sure to run and don't quit.
                          This is the final test...https://www.chp.ca.gov/CHPCareersSit...s/A-Chp73H.pdf

Comment

Interesting... All three PFT's are the same. Then there's the work test battery for post. Which consists of dummy drags, fence jumps and a few other simple things. The ones that matter are the PFT's. Your score on those directly effect your badge number. Like I mentioned before, just do every body weight excercise you can think of and run.
                            Last edited by AKA_Opie; 01-28-2017, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Hey everyone, I been following this thread for a year and finally decided to make an account and post my timeline since I just got the invitation for the March academy. I applied out of Southern Division btw. Good luck everyone.

2/14/16 - Applied
                              5/21/16 - PAT
                              5/22/16 - Written
                              6/15/16 - Written results. Rank 5
                              8/10/16 - PHS submitted
                              10/07/16 - BIQ and Initial Background at home
                              12/07/16 - CVSA/Psych written
                              12/09/16 - Final background interview
                              12/13/16 - Medical
                              1/13/17 - Psych Oral
                              1/18/17 - Invitation

Comment

Originally posted by DocKay View Post
                                Hey everyone, I been following this thread for a year and finally decided to make an account and post my timeline since I just got the invitation for the March academy. I applied out of Southern Division btw. Good luck everyone.

2/14/16 - Applied
                                5/21/16 - PAT
                                5/22/16 - Written
                                6/15/16 - Written results. Rank 5
                                8/10/16 - PHS submitted
                                10/07/16 - BIQ and Initial Background at home
                                12/07/16 - CVSA/Psych written
                                12/09/16 - Final background interview
                                12/13/16 - Medical
                                1/13/17 - Psych Oral
                                1/18/17 - Invitation
                                Congratulations!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6179 users online. 332 members and 5847 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X