Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ctc 1-18 should be around Jan-feb right? And the last class of 17 around November?

Comment

Originally posted by oblonky View Post
      Just be truthful and confident. They are going to probably make you feel uncomfortable, but that is just part of the interview process. Lots of people felt like they failed it when they left, but they made it through. Show up early, be professional, wear a suit, and just have confidence.
      Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Originally posted by ChpReq View Post
        Ctc 1-18 should be around Jan-feb right? And the last class of 17 around November?
        I haven't heard of any confirmed dates beyond the June class. Based on how timelines usually go, Jan is a fair guesstimate though.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilhelm317 View Post
          I'm just waiting to clear medical to get my psych evaluation!
          Nice! How long has it been since your medical and psych written?

Comment

Originally posted by Jagman View Post

Nice! How long has it been since your medical and psych written?
            I did them both back on December 2nd.

Comment

Hey everyone. Just came across this forum today..

Southern Division

Applied: 06/29/2016
              PAT: 10/15/2016
              Written: 10/16/2016
              Rank results Rank 4: 11/01/2016
              Submitted PHS: 11/14/2016
              Background Orientation: 01/24/2017
              Initial Interview with the BI: TBA
              Reference Letters Sent Out: TBA
              CSVA: TBA
              Final Interview: TBA
              Psych Written: TBA
              Medical exam: TBA
              Psych Oral: TBA

Comment

Welcome to the forum bgmike!

Comment

Can anyone in the academy shed some light on the exercises to practice prior to the academy?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueandGold View Post
                    Can anyone in the academy shed some light on the exercises to practice prior to the academy?
                    Push ups. Sit ups. Nose in the rings.

These are a few of my favorite things.

Comment

Originally posted by gp360 View Post

Push ups. Sit ups. Nose in the rings.

These are a few of my favorite things.
                      I heard there was a final PT test all cadets must pass in order to graduate. What does it consist of?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueandGold View Post
                        Find an APP near you and start going.

https://www.chp.ca.gov/chp-careers/o...ure-applicants
                        https://www.chp.ca.gov/chp-careers/o...ents#valleyDiv

As an example, the second link has events and programs for Valley Division which talks about how to register and participate in APP.

--Kit

Comment

Hi everyone! Decided to make an account after reading so many informative posts on this forum. It's great to see everyone's shared progress when we're all trying to obtain the same goal! I've applied through central division and my third time was the charm. I've passed the written earlier this month and I'm excited for this whole process to take place. My question is I've received rank 6. Does this ranking really slow down the process? How many ranks do they give? Also my application status is "Before Eligible ready" any insight? Last emailed I received was on the 19th with my rank nothing else yet!

Comment

Originally posted by pdamian View Post
                            Hi everyone! Decided to make an account after reading so many informative posts on this forum. It's great to see everyone's shared progress when we're all trying to obtain the same goal! I've applied through central division and my third time was the charm. I've passed the written earlier this month and I'm excited for this whole process to take place. My question is I've received rank 6. Does this ranking really slow down the process? How many ranks do they give? Also my application status is "Before Eligible ready" any insight? Last emailed I received was on the 19th with my rank nothing else yet!
                            Everyone who passes the PELLETB is placed in a rank from 1-6. 1 being the top scores and those who have applied for veteran's preference. Rank 6 has all of the lowest passing scores (48+). A higher rank just means that you go through backgrounds first. From what I have been told it may just be a couple more months until an investigator gets to you. That is what I've been told by recruiters in the Valley Division.

Not sure on your application status. I am going through the process for the first time. Waiting for my written rank and then backgrounds.

Comment

Can anyone tell me if it is strange that I didn't do my initial interview yet? I passed the written and physical back In May and handed in my BIQ in October. I haven't heard from the CHP since.

Comment

Originally posted by JerseyCHP View Post
                                Can anyone tell me if it is strange that I didn't do my initial interview yet? I passed the written and physical back In May and handed in my BIQ in October. I haven't heard from the CHP since.
                                Contact your BI...see whats up?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3612 users online. 257 members and 3355 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X