Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all. I started the CHP application process for Valley Division back in September 2016. I'm finishing out my last 4.5 months of active duty Air Force, which ends in March 2018. Here's my timeline for those of you that may be in the April/May class.

9/30/2016 - Online Application accepted
    1/14/2017 - PAT
    1/23/2017 - PELLETB
    4/20/2017 - Assigned BI
    5/10/2017 - BI interview at Valley Division
    6/17 - 10/17 - BI placed to last in queue in order to account for my active duty service commitment ending in March 2018.
    11/6/2017 - CVSA - passed
    Psych - TBD
    Med - TBD

Any idea how long after CVSA it takes to get psych scheduled? Should I be expecting an email from my BI or calHR? Thanks in advance.
    Just wanted to make the 2017 thread to keep it in chronological order. Post your timeline and ask questions. Good Luck to everyone applying. Here's the list of everyone finished with the hiring process and should be headed to the March 13th class, CTC I-17 so far 1. Jagman 2. Nick213 3. Immp20 4.

Comment

• CaliLibertarian
      CaliLibertarian commented
      Editing a comment
      I had my final interview and took psych written same day. Had medical 3 days later. Took about 5 weeks to get a psych appt and 6 more weeks for results

• Originally posted by Martial_Law View Post
    I tried to shoot you a P/M steven_d5
    I don't think I received anything. I looked, and it didn't show any new messages. I'm kind of new to this site, so that might be the issue. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by CaliLibertarian View Post
      I had mixed feelings also. I think everyone does. My buddy got told he was slightly introvert and he passed so don’t take it too hard
      Ok, that's good news.

Comment

• Hey Guys and Gals! Long time viewer, first time poster. I’m currently in the background process for CHP Central Division. Here’s my timeline to date:

Applied: 11/30/2016
        PAT: 5/20/2017 (Passed)
        Written: 5/21/2017
        Written Results: 6/5/2017 (Passed-Rank 5)
        Notice of PHS: 7/25/2017
        PHS Turned In: 8/20/2017
        Assigned BI: 10/10/17
        Initial Interview:TBA
        Fingerprints:TBA
        Reference Letters:TBA
        CVSA:TBA
        Home Interview: TBA
        Final Interview: TBA
        Psych Written: TBA
        Medical exam: TBA
        Psych Oral: TBA

One question I have is, My BI had a personal issue he had to take care of over this past summer so it delayed his cases. He said he’s willing to get back to work on our cases and that we should hear back from him some time this month regarding the next steps in the process. If I have not heard back from him by the beginning of next month, should I contact him to see where I’m at on his case load?
        Just wanted to make the 2017 thread to keep it in chronological order. Post your timeline and ask questions. Good Luck to everyone applying. Here's the list of everyone finished with the hiring process and should be headed to the March 13th class, CTC I-17 so far 1. Jagman 2. Nick213 3. Immp20 4.

Comment

• Hey everyone, I have been following the forum for a while and this is my first time posting. I am out of the Southern Division.
        Hopefully my timeline helps someone.

This is my timeline:

Applied: 1/21/17
        PAT: 6/24/17 (Passed)
        Written: 6/25/17
        Written Results: 7/10/17 (Passed Rank-5)
        Notice of PHS: 7/14/17
        PHS Submitted: 7/27/17
        Background Orientation: 9/14/17
        Questionnaire Submitted: 9/21/17
        Reference letters:10/9/17
        Initial Interview/Fingerprints: 10/16/17
        CVSA: 10/23/17
        Final Interview/Psych Written: 11/14/17
        Medical Exam: 11/17/17

Does anyone happen to know if for the psych oral is a suit expected/required or is it something separate like the medical?
        Also, who notifies you if and when you pass medical? I am currently waiting for my medical results and for a psych oral appt.
        Is failing the psych written possible or does that only happen for the psych oral?

Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Etor91 View Post
          Hey everyone, I have been following the forum for a while and this is my first time posting. I am out of the Southern Division.
          Hopefully my timeline helps someone.

This is my timeline:

Applied: 1/21/17
          PAT: 6/24/17 (Passed)
          Written: 6/25/17
          Written Results: 7/10/17 (Passed Rank-5)
          Notice of PHS: 7/14/17
          PHS Submitted: 7/27/17
          Background Orientation: 9/14/17
          Questionnaire Submitted: 9/21/17
          Reference letters:10/9/17
          Initial Interview/Fingerprints: 10/16/17
          CVSA: 10/23/17
          Final Interview/Psych Written: 11/14/17
          Medical Exam: 11/17/17

Does anyone happen to know if for the psych oral is a suit expected/required or is it something separate like the medical?
          Also, who notifies you if and when you pass medical? I am currently waiting for my medical results and for a psych oral appt.
          Is failing the psych written possible or does that only happen for the psych oral?

Thank you!
          Yes, a suit is required. You can contact the Cadet Hiring Unit to find out if the doctor in Sacramento cleared you medically. The psych written is not pass or fail, but there is a score range and the results from the written are factored into your overall psych assessment.

Comment

• Hello,

I'm just placing my timeline here for the last wave of testing in 2017 (Border Division Exam Code 61173-001)

Applied: 5/16/2017
            PAT: 10/28/2017 (PASSED
            Written: 10/29/2017
            Written Results: 11/20/2017 (Passed Rank-3)

Comment

• Anyone in the southern or inland division planning to attend the academy preparation courses in riverside?

Comment

• Michael_90
                Michael_90 commented
                Editing a comment
                No I haven't. Where is BCTC?
                I was not aware of any classes at the moment. I just got an email today for the classes starting December 12th.

• VelascoA
                VelascoA commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m currently attending the academy preparation courses with Inland Division.

• Michael_90
                Michael_90 commented
                Editing a comment
                Currently? Are the ones starting on the 12th just repeats of the ones your taking now then?
                Are you going to the January academy?

• VelascoA
                VelascoA commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m not sure whether they will be repeats of the ones I’m taking but I would definitely recommend to go there if you have the time!! I have learned drill inspection and 10/11 codes, most used penal/vehicle codes, the mission of the CHP and other things you would have to learn at the academy! I’m having my Oral Psych interview tomorrow!

• It's going to be exactly One month tomorrow that i did my psych interview (10-26-17) and still no word! I know i can call CHU and probably get an answer but i want the news to come to me instead of me going out there for it. The suspense is at an all time high. I know they say no news is good news, i hope that's true in my case!

Comment

• Hello. I just took my physical earlier today and while reviewing my paperwork with the physician, I realized that I made an error on the CHP 73. Would it be possible for me to revise my CHP 73? I just sent an e-mail to the Cadet Hiring Unit but has anyone been successful in revising their form?
              Last edited by echoyankeelima; 11-25-2017, 10:58 PM.

Comment

• Has anyone started a group chat for those of us attending the January Academy? If so can you add me?

Comment

• CaliLibertarian
                  Editing a comment
                  Check your messages

• rvaca
                  rvaca commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’m new to this forum can you add me to the group for January academy?

• Shazo66
                  Shazo66 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Would someone also add me to the group chat for the Jan. Academy?

• Quick question, Does anyone know how long it usually takes between when you get your written results and when you are asked to submit your PHS/Assigned a BI?

Comment

• CaliLibertarian
                  Editing a comment
                  I think 4-6 weeks. Look back in the post history and some people have their times posted

• sarga
                  sarga commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for the response! I looked back and did see that a few people got their notices to submit very quickly after they got their results. I guess I'm just hoping to move fast, haha.

• If there are any concerns on the medical questionnaire, does the CHP doctor contact you to discuss them?

Comment

• Martial_Law
                  Martial_Law commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes. You will be contacted by mail to submit more information (e.g...doctors records for a surgery, exposure to TB....so you're placed on hold, high blood pressure, etc.). If you contact them over the phone after the determination has been made that more information is needed, you'll save a bit of time instead of waiting for a letter.

• Originally posted by sarga View Post
                Thanks for the response! I looked back and did see that a few people got their notices to submit very quickly after they got their results. I guess I'm just hoping to move fast, haha.
                It’s a lot of waiting

Comment

• So I got in contact with my BI as I will be leaving the country for 10 days for vacation. She contacted CHU for me as she said she would hate for me to get an invite and not reply in time because of connectivity issues with my cellular service. They still haven't got my results and its been 5 weeks as of today and the class I hear is currently capped at 50 cadets. She put me on a last minute notice list incase it has to come down to it. I see some of you got results back in 6 or so weeks so I'm hoping I hear something back soon. Kind of nervous its been 5 weeks and still no decision.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2886 users online. 155 members and 2731 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X