Applied: 08/12/2016
    PAT on: 12/10/16
    Written on:12/10/16
    Written results on: 12/19/16
    Rank results: Rank 5 - 12/21/2016
    PHS sent in: 1/11/17

Comment

Originally posted by immp20 View Post
      Just purchased my boots, thorogood 8 " side zip . Time to break them in and get that polish.
      I was under the impression that zip boots were not acceptable. Am I misinformed? Heading out this weekend to buy my boots, want to make sure they are in-line with what the academy staff is wanting.

Comment

Originally posted by OdiousJeeves17 View Post

I was under the impression that zip boots were not acceptable. Am I misinformed? Heading out this weekend to buy my boots, want to make sure they are in-line with what the academy staff is wanting.
        I was told that side zips are acceptable.

Comment

Hey there, I've been lurking around these forums for about a year and a half, Decided to finally make an account since I just started the process and applied out of valley division. I'm scheduled for my written and physical test during June. I've also been a Chp Explorer for about 3 years now. Glad to finally be able to start the process as it's a dream job for me which I have been working towards since I was 17 years old. I can't think of a more humble and rewarding career. Being a part of the best law enforcement agency in the world would be a dream come true. The process is completely worth it and I hope it goes smoothly. I will be attending all the workouts so I hope to see some of you other dedicated and motivated applicants there as well! Glad to finally join the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by ChpReq View Post
            Hey there, I've been lurking around these forums for about a year and a half, Decided to finally make an account since I just started the process and applied out of valley division. I'm scheduled for my written and physical test during June. I've also been a Chp Explorer for about 3 years now. Glad to finally be able to start the process as it's a dream job for me which I have been working towards since I was 17 years old. I can't think of a more humble and rewarding career. Being a part of the best law enforcement agency in the world would be a dream come true. The process is completely worth it and I hope it goes smoothly. I will be attending all the workouts so I hope to see some of you other dedicated and motivated applicants there as well! Glad to finally join the forum.
            Welcome! Good luck in your application process. There are a good group of guys on here who have experienced it all, so don't hesitate to ask any questions! I will be at the workouts at the Academy on Saturday from now until March 13. Hope to see you there.

Comment

I applied 1/17/17 to the inland division just missing the cutoff 1/9/17 for the Feb PAT, according to the test schedule, PAT won't come until July? Seems like a really really long time.

Comment

Originally posted by index1489 View Post
                I applied 1/17/17 to the inland division just missing the cutoff 1/9/17 for the Feb PAT, according to the test schedule, PAT won't come until July? Seems like a really really long time.
                Yes, that's normal. Get used to the phrase "hurry up and wait." You can apply year round now, but they only test three times a year. Also for anyone in Valley division that has passed their psych. oral, we were told at the last workout they are looking to send a few more invites out, so keep your hopes alive for March.

Comment

Thanks, I also noticed a lot of people getting PAT complete on dates that don't correspond with the test schedule, is it possible I will get a noice a lot earlier?

Comment

Not sure about that. Your test date should be what is listed on the schedule for your division. The different divisions test on different days, so maybe that's where you are seeing discrepancies...

Comment

Has anyone gotten an update on medical? Has the doc come in to clear any medical evaluations?

Comment

Originally posted by Wilhelm317 View Post
                        Has anyone gotten an update on medical? Has the doc come in to clear any medical evaluations?
                        I sent up my clearance letter from my doctor Monday and spoke to CHU Thursday and there had been no update at that point. They never really know when the physician is coming in. I was just told they'll be in touch. I'm just waiting for that 'ok' to get my invite. I know a couple of people are waiting in similar situations.

Comment

This whole hiring process is a hurry up and wait process, but it is worth it. I had to turn in additional information for medical and it took quite a while for the doctor to clear me. I'm currently in CTC III-16. Feel free to ask me any questions about the academy and I will try to get to them as I can. Good luck to everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by oblonky View Post
                            This whole hiring process is a hurry up and wait process, but it is worth it. I had to turn in additional information for medical and it took quite a while for the doctor to clear me. I'm currently in CTC III-16. Feel free to ask me any questions about the academy and I will try to get to them as I can. Good luck to everybody.
                            Any advice for Psych Oral?

Comment

Just be truthful and confident. They are going to probably make you feel uncomfortable, but that is just part of the interview process. Lots of people felt like they failed it when they left, but they made it through. Show up early, be professional, wear a suit, and just have confidence.

Comment

I'm just waiting to clear medical to get my psych evaluation!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5461 users online. 354 members and 5107 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X