• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No invited received?

Comment

• CaliLibertarian
      CaliLibertarian commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope. I don’t think they’ve sent any yet.

• Just received and accepted my January academy invitation!!

Comment

• Congrats on the invites. I should be getting mine any day. When is the actual start date?

Comment

• Just got my invitation for Jan Academy!

Comment

• Anyone interested in me starting a group text for January academy. Where we can ask questions and see where everyone’s at?

Comment

• Group chat started. Message me if you want to be added

Comment

• Michael_90
          Michael_90 commented
          Editing a comment
          Add me please

• It’s been two weeks today since my psych I haven’t heard anything. When should I inquire CHU? Or should I wait and see a little longer.

Comment

• Martial_Law
          Martial_Law commented
          Editing a comment
          Give CHU a call and see if they've received and processed your psych results. Do you need the phone number? I can P/M it to you.
          Last edited by Martial_Law; 11-09-2017, 03:57 PM.

• CaliLibertarian
          Editing a comment
          Took me6 weeks

• Originally posted by nicolebackk View Post
        Thank you everyone for the advice. Btw I am a woman. Anyway, my most recent ticket is almost three years old and I'm gonna go through the process. I see everyone's different opinions and I see where you're coming from its a lot of good insight. Thanks.
        Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

Comment

• Hello all,

I have received my academy invite for January 22nd. I am trying to figure out if anyone has filled the attachments on the invite? My invitation has no link for the attachments.

Comment

• CaliLibertarian
            Editing a comment
            Should be at the bottom of email. If not email them back

• How long were people's psychologist interviews? My interview this morning was 59 minutes long. Just trying to get a feel on how long the interviews with passing applicants went.
          Just wanted to make the 2017 thread to keep it in chronological order. Post your timeline and ask questions. Good Luck to everyone applying. Here's the list of everyone finished with the hiring process and should be headed to the March 13th class, CTC I-17 so far 1. Jagman 2. Nick213 3. Immp20 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by steven_d5 View Post
            How long were people's psychologist interviews? My interview this morning was 59 minutes long. Just trying to get a feel on how long the interviews with passing applicants went.
            Same length for ne

Comment

• Originally posted by CaliLibertarian View Post

Same length for ne
              That's good news. I felt good about the interview after I left, but then my feelings changed later in the night. Just sucks having to wait so long to find out the results.
              Just wanted to make the 2017 thread to keep it in chronological order. Post your timeline and ask questions. Good Luck to everyone applying. Here's the list of everyone finished with the hiring process and should be headed to the March 13th class, CTC I-17 so far 1. Jagman 2. Nick213 3. Immp20 4.

Comment

• Martial_Law
                Martial_Law commented
                Editing a comment
                What made you go from feeling confident to second guessing yourself?

• CaliLibertarian
                Editing a comment
                I had mixed feelings also. I think everyone does. My buddy got told he was slightly introvert and he passed so don’t take it too hard

• Hello I am new to the forum but have been reading your posts for awhile. I am from Hanford but took my written and physical exam in San Luis Obispo on March 11th. 2017. I recently took my CVSA test on October 28th. I have many questions but I guess I will start with if anyone knows when the academy start dates are for 2018. I know January 22 is one but I'm not going make that one obviously but I was wonder if I could figure out when the next one is or the one after that even. Any information would be great thanks!

Comment

• CaliLibertarian
                Editing a comment
                Probably early May would be my guess

• Originally posted by Martial_Law View Post
              What made you go from feeling confident to second guessing yourself?
              Mainly just thinking about the questions more, and the psychologist stated that my answers from the written psych showed "introvert tendencies", like I don't like to interact with people. I currently work in a hospital waiting room as a security guard, and I am constantly talking with people and strangers, so it's weird that my written answers would reflect that. Hopefully the psychologist took that into account with her notes, because I explained my work to her.

Comment

• What kind of information are you guys studying to be better prepared for the academy? Radio codes? Vehicle codes? Penal codes? And what other types of things are you doing to prepare for the academy other than running and working out?

Comment

• Martial_Law
                Martial_Law commented
                Editing a comment
                Study your 10 and 11 codes, CHP chain of command, the 7 points of the badge, the basic penal and vehicle codes (e.g....187 PC, 207 PC, 211 PC, 245 PC, etc.............2800 section in the CVC, 10851, 14601, 23152, 23153, 21806a,etc.). Keep running and working out.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4908 users online. 327 members and 4581 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X