Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my way to Sacramento now. Little bit of a drive but I’m carpooling so it’s not half bad. My process took forever. I’ll have to give you all one piece of advice.

As as much as no news is good news, be proactive and practice some ownership. Call CHU, ask what’s going on and figure out if you’re waiting and that’s okay or if they never received something (like how my medical never got sent in by the doctor). Be proactive and patient.

Comment

• Just called my BI who informed me I'll be going to the Jan Academy! He said I should be getting the invitation in the mail in the next week or so. If you are waiting to hear about Psych/Medical or you are simply waiting for an academy date I suggest you give CHU or BI a call.

Comment

• CaliLibertarian
        CaliLibertarian commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats man. Hope I'll be there too!

• So additional testing for my physical was to get my vision corrected to 20/20. I got 20/25. I got the glasses etc but I’m thinking I should of got lenses. Will I be required to wear the glasses for academy and patrol duties or it’s mostly just something they want you to do / get corrected? Optometrist said himself I’m barely slightly below 20/20.

Comment

• Originally posted by pdamian View Post
        So additional testing for my physical was to get my vision corrected to 20/20. I got 20/25. I got the glasses etc but I’m thinking I should of got lenses. Will I be required to wear the glasses for academy and patrol duties or it’s mostly just something they want you to do / get corrected? Optometrist said himself I’m barely slightly below 20/20.
        glad nothing major

Comment

• Good evening to you all. I wanted to ask you guys what is the CVSA about, i will have mine in two weeks and i want to be ready for it, any tips and advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

Comment

• CaliLibertarian
            Editing a comment
            Make sure you answer the same as you have been

• Originally posted by Mr_Chp2018 View Post
          Good evening to you all. I wanted to ask you guys what is the CVSA about, i will have mine in two weeks and i want to be ready for it, any tips and advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.
          Advice, don’t research the Cvsa. Just go in and answer the questions truthfully.

Comment

• I have a question for you applicants, are you guys actually getting physically prepared for the Academy? If so, any tips? Routine? I hate cardio but i know it's a must. I run 2 miles 3-4 times/week at an 8 minute mile pace.

Comment

• CaliLibertarian
              Editing a comment
              Yes. I was running 2-3 miles every other day. Then I started doing the academy workouts they did at the academy twice a week. I will start again when it gets closer.

• Martial_Law
              Martial_Law commented
              Editing a comment
              In addition to running, start learning the chain of command, CHP 10 and 11 codes, basic penal codes (242, 245, 261, 211, etc.) and your basic vehicle codes (22107, 22350, 23152, 23153, etc.). The more you know going in, the better it'll be for you.

• Jmora_norcal
              Jmora_norcal commented
              Editing a comment
              Go on to the quizlet app and find the central division study guide. It will have everything you will be expected to know. As far as PT goes, lots of push ups, squats, lunges and sit ups. When you think you have done enough do 25 more. Work up to around 5 miles at an 8 mins pace for your running. The academics will be easier if you are able to do the PT

• Hey everyone, currently going through the process and I have my initial interview with my BI coming up. Any advice/ tips on what to expect? Thanks!

Comment

• Martial_Law
              Martial_Law commented
              Editing a comment
              Lots of questions.

• Thanks for the response, will the questions be more focused on what I know about chp or aimed more towards my background?

Comment

• CaliLibertarian
              Editing a comment
              Everything is your back ground. You will answer the same questions over and over and over

• At some point in either this thread or the 2016 thread someone recommended that if you're an out of state candidate you should test at the region you would like to go to, is there any reason why? I'm just asking because a different region's test dates line up much better for me than where I'd like to go. Also, for anyone that went from active duty military right to CHP, is there anything you know now that you'd wish you had known going through the process? My goal would be to transition during terminal leave, is that realistic? Thanks for all the info to everyone that's been on here, really helps on navigating the process.

Comment

• CaliLibertarian
              Editing a comment
              I believe wherever you test at is where you will have all your background stuff done.

• Apple300sx
              Apple300sx commented
              Editing a comment
              It doesn’t matter where you apply, you can be assigned anywhere in the state. Around week 20 in the academy everyone is given a dream sheet of all of the available offices. You will write down every single office in the order of your preference. Homeowners get first pick then it goes in order of the last 4 of your social. So if your social is 9999 you would get first pick then down to 0000. I got my first pick. My roommate got his last pick. So be ready for that.

• Anyone else waiting for psych results to come back? I’ve been waiting 5 weeks

Comment

• Martial_Law
              Martial_Law commented
              Editing a comment
              If you've been waiting 5 weeks and haven't received a DQ letter, you're fine. Stand by to stand by!

• Originally posted by Jmora_norcal View Post
            Go on to the quizlet app and find the central division study guide. It will have everything you will be expected to know. As far as PT goes, lots of push ups, squats, lunges and sit ups. When you think you have done enough do 25 more. Work up to around 5 miles at an 8 mins pace for your running. The academics will be easier if you are able to do the PT
            5 miles at 8 minutes?? How far into academy.

Comment

• Just found I passed psych!

Comment

• Martial_Law
                Martial_Law commented
                Editing a comment
                Congrats.....although I already figured that you had. Notification of failed psychs often happen within 7 days, but as late as 30 days. After 5 months with no negative news, I knew you were good. Congrats again!

• Michael_90
                Michael_90 commented
                Editing a comment
                Congrats on passing! Did you have to call CHU to find out or did they update your cadet hiring profile? I took mine a little over a month ago now and have not yet heard back if I passed.

• Originally posted by Martial_Law View Post
              Congrats.....although I already figured that you had. Notification of failed psychs often happen within 7 days, but as late as 30 days. After 5 months with no negative news, I knew you were good. Congrats again!
              Well it was 6 weeks for me waiting. Just found out someone else got DQ letter after waiting 6 weeks. So that scared me

Comment

• Good Evening, I've been waiting two months for a call to schedule my Psych Interview. Is it normal to take that long?

Comment

• VelascoA
                  VelascoA commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Don’t know if it is normal, but you’re not alone!! I’ve been waiting since July!! When you log in on the website, what’s your application status!?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2745 users online. 153 members and 2592 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X