Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depends on your division and investigator. Mine was in a group setting. We signed a bunch of documents, made revisions to our PHS, filled out a big background questionnaire, turned in documents like diplomas and transcripts etc, turned in our essays we had to write beforehand. Advice, just be honest, courteous and dress in a suit.

Comment

• Just received my psych oral appointment. Anyone have any advice for it?
      Also does anyone know when the next academy start date is after October 2nd?

Comment

• Jk55
        Jk55 commented
        Editing a comment
        Spoke to CHU today and the academy after the Oct one starts Jan 22 2018

• Michael_90
        Michael_90 commented
        Editing a comment
        O ok so pretty much just a recap of the whole process and my background.
        Awesome hoping for January then!

• David119
        David119 commented
        Editing a comment
        When is your psych? I received my date today for Friday

• Michael_90
        Michael_90 commented
        Editing a comment
        Mine is next Thursday the 28th in Fresno

• I'm currently awaiting results for my physical and my oral psych appointment. So almost there. I was wondering though, a good job opportunity has presented itself and i'm thinking of applying. Of course i still want to be a CHP but this job seems good for the meantime. Would it look bad if i applied? I'm sure i'd have to report it to my BI i got a new job if i do indeed get it. I don't want it to seem like i'm not committed because i am and i'd accept my academy invite with no hesitation.

Comment

• David119
        David119 commented
        Editing a comment
        I asked that same question on another LE forum and I was told don't let LE apps stop your life or prevent you from getting other jobs. Do what you have to do because this isn't guaranteed. So if you can, take it. Worst is you won't be at that new job for long and they may be upset they hired you.

Also you may want to call CHU for your physical results. I did my physical 3 weeks ago and called yesterday. They had the results for over a week already.
        Last edited by David119; 09-20-2017, 07:32 PM.

• Just accepted my invite!!!

Final​​ timeline

PAT: 10/8/16
      Written:10/9/16
      Results:10/25/16 Rank 3
      PHS Submitted: 11/14/16
      Investigator assigned: 11/28/16
      Group Initial Interview: 1/21/17 Turn in candidate statements, documents, fill out BIQ

Reference letters sent out: 7/26/17
      CVSA/Fingerprints: 8/22/17
      Final Interview:8/27/17
      Psych Written: 8/27/17
      Medical: 8/30/17
      Psych Oral: 9/22/17
      Invitation and acceptance: 9/22/17

Comment

• CaliLibertarian
        CaliLibertarian commented
        Editing a comment
        You had your oral and got invite some day?

• David119
        David119 commented
        Editing a comment
        I did! Never thought it'd happen so soon

• Originally posted by David119 View Post
      I did! Never thought it'd happen so soon
      Wait you found out oral results today and invite or had your oral today

Comment

• David119
        David119 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oral + invite the same day

• Update:

CTC III-17 Cadets

1. Ofcr037
      2. JordanSmith127
      3. CHP_JLee_10
      4. ARCornejo08
      5. Ninjacop4
      6. Milwaukee
      7. Jmora_norcal
      8. McCutch231
      9. Ghod
      10. Cron
      11. David119

Comment

• 5 days left. No word from psych yet.

Comment

• waterfowl17
          waterfowl17 commented
          Editing a comment
          Good afternoon CaliLibertarian, have you heard any word yet? I took my psych oral on 9/13/2017, and I have yet to hear anything. Also, is it still possible to get into the October class? Thank you

• Good luck to CTC III-17. I'm sure our Juniors will square you guys away. Stay motivated and don't quit!

Comment

• I called CHU asking for my physical update and they said the doctor is asking for extra testing and should mail that out to me by this week. I don’t know how to feel about this. Anyone have something similar happen?

Comment

• Originally posted by waterfowl17 View Post
            Good afternoon CaliLibertarian, have you heard any word yet? I took my psych oral on 9/13/2017, and I have yet to hear anything. Also, is it still possible to get into the October class? Thank you
            I'm in the same boat as you. And I don't know I don't think so

Comment

• Originally posted by pdamian View Post
              I called CHU asking for my physical update and they said the doctor is asking for extra testing and should mail that out to me by this week. I don’t know how to feel about this. Anyone have something similar happen?
              It happens fairly often

Comment

• Is there a group me for this upcoming class? If so can someone pm me

Comment

• JordanSmith127
                  JordanSmith127 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't believe anyone has started one yet.

• Alright I'll start a group me. If anyone from the upcoming class wants to join pm me your name and number.

Comment

• Enjoy your last weekend with your families guys! Go time is in 3 days. Now, according to the pre academy orientation I attended yesterday at my division HQ, we are going to be a small class of 100. That means small chance of flying under the radar, so make sure you stay squared away at all times. I'll see you guys up there!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ofcr037 View Post
                    Enjoy your last weekend with your families guys! Go time is in 3 days. Now, according to the pre academy orientation I attended yesterday at my division HQ, we are going to be a small class of 100. That means small chance of flying under the radar, so make sure you stay squared away at all times. I'll see you guys up there!
                    Good luck everyone. January is only 75 people I heard which hopefully is my class

Comment

• CHiP92
                      CHiP92 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      where did you hear class is going to be 75 cadets?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4907 users online. 326 members and 4581 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X