Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question to those attending the III-17 class...did you guys order all long sleeves considering we will be in training in the fall/winter months? Or short sleeves since its still hot right now? I personally ordered 3 short and 2 long...

Comment

• CaliLibertarian
      CaliLibertarian commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm ordering all long but because tattoo. My buddy just graduated and only had three shirts. Said some weeks he only used one

• JordanSmith127
      JordanSmith127 commented
      Editing a comment
      I ordered five shirts. All long sleeve because I have visible tattoos.

• Terrob
      Terrob commented
      Editing a comment
      I would recommend getting long sleeves because yes you will be required to wear long sleeves during the fall/winter months. Also you can always buy short sleeve shirts from the Academy PX if you need them.

• Jmora_norcal
      Jmora_norcal commented
      Editing a comment
      We are able to wear short sleeves in the winter months now but if you have tattoos you can only wear long.

• Hello to all of you applicants again! I have a question, i just received an email to schedule my Background Questionnaire. Can someone please!! Tell me what is this step about? My investigator wrote "ensure that you are prepared with all of the required documents" which are those documents? Please answer me as soon as possible since it will be in 2 days. Thank you. P.S: turned in my PHS about 3 weeks ago.

Comment

• CaliLibertarian
      CaliLibertarian commented
      Editing a comment
      You should have a list of required items I believe in an email. What steps have you completed so far

• David119
      David119 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well that's not good. You should have been told what documents you needed well in advance, and I am sure they did tell you. You'll need all official transcripts, social security card, selective service, degrees/diploma among others. Background questionnaire is just that. A background questionnaire. Pretty self explanatory. It'll be over 200 questions.

• Hello Everyone. Ive been reading this Forum for a few months gathering information and I figured it was time to post my timeline in case anyone else is in the same process. Im in the border division out of san diego

Applied on 2/4/2017
    PAT: 7/15/2017
    Written: 7/16/2017
    Rank Results: 7/24/2017 Rank 6
    PHS Notice: 8/14/2017
    PHS Deadline/Submitted: 9/5/2017
    Background Orientation: 9/28/2017

Comment

• I have my Background Orientation after work this Thursday! Nervous but excited. Can anyone shed some light on what the Background Orientation consists of?

Comment

• David119
        David119 commented
        Editing a comment
        Orientation is the non mandatory meeting correct? If so that is where they go over the background process in detail and answer any questions you may have regarding the PHS or backgrounds. So take a look at the PHS and see if you'll have any questions you may want addressed. No need to be nervous at all for the orientation.

• Originally posted by Jlobmt View Post
      Wow Thanks! Good to know. I will be doing them in Vallejo, East bay area. Hopefully I will get to experience some action like you did. I know that they were asking me how many I'm available for an I will now take as many as I can. At first I thought one would be enough. But by your experience they were all informative in in different ways.
      They always say no stop is routine. Neither is every ride along

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlobmt View Post
        Wow Thanks! Good to know. I will be doing them in Vallejo, East bay area. Hopefully I will get to experience some action like you did. I know that they were asking me how many I'm available for an I will now take as many as I can. At first I thought one would be enough. But by your experience they were all informative in in different ways.
        I know that in sac most offices only let you do one per office. So you might have to travel
        Last edited by CaliLibertarian; 09-13-2017, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• Jlobmt
          Jlobmt commented
          Editing a comment
          Well travel will not be a problem. Hopefully I can do some in the Vallejo office or where I work by the Castro.Valley CHP. Thanks again.

• Just accepted to October academy! See you soon!

Comment

• Jk55
          Jk55 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats man! They let you know via email?

• ghod
          ghod commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes for the official, I called CHU to see if I had been cleared yet and she said I was and to expect an email shortly. Thanks!

• Ofcr037
          Ofcr037 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats! I'll add your name to the class list. See you soon..
          Last edited by Ofcr037; 09-24-2017, 10:04 AM.

• Do you guys know if we can modify our ESOPH profile at any point during the background investigation? One of my references got back to me a little late with his info but I really want to get him on there.

Comment

• i was given a packet, the Backgrund Investigation statements and my BI just said "fill it up and send it back to me" but she did not explain how does she want my answers for example in the Autobiography section, does she want me to write about my whole life? It's only two pages to write about my whole life. Also in the employment section, i'm i supposed to write a list about my jobs or do i just give a brief explanation of them? I'm asking because i've had over 10 different jobs in my life. I just don't want to make any mistakes that's why i ask, any info would be of great help. Thanks.

Comment

• Congratulations to everyone attending CTC III-17. Be extremely proud for making it this far. I know it's been said before but make sure you guys are studying your 10 and 11 codes right now that you guys aren't under stress. CTC II-17 is ready for you guys to get here and be our juniors. If any of you have any questions feel free to pm me.

Comment

• Got my acceptance email! See you all in October.

Comment

• ghod
                ghod commented
                Editing a comment
                congrats, see you there

• Ofcr037
                Ofcr037 commented
                Editing a comment
                Congrats! I'll add you name to the class list. See you soon...

• Took my psych written this Monday and have my physical today (9/15/17). Let me tell you the psych was something else! How long does it take to Receive the oral appointment for the psych and for anyone who has gone through it and cleared, can you explain that process / experience?

Comment

• ghod
                ghod commented
                Editing a comment
                It took about 5 weeks before I was notified of my psych oral appointment, once that is done anywhere from an additional 2-6 weeks to get either an invite or a DQ.

• So just got done with my physical and everything seemed to go good, of course just waiting on the blood work. One thing though is my vision and supposed blood trace in my urine. I got a 20/25. Will this affect me or give me a DQ? Anyone else here have that score? As far as the urine sample he said being sore from working out (which I've been sore for 2 days and I'm physically active) along with sexual activity can be factors. Just so weird since it's not visible! He said they're gonna send it out to inspect.

Comment

• David119
                David119 commented
                Editing a comment
                20/40 is the minimum vision so you're more than okay

• Does anyone know who makes the pass/fail decision on psych oral?

Comment

• Jmora_norcal
                Jmora_norcal commented
                Editing a comment
                I think it's the Wizard of Oz that flips a coin to choose your fate... just kidding of course. CalHR basically does but it the state laws that dictate that decision. You'll never really get a clear answer unless you take the time to read all the post standards and laws on the books that are nothing short of really confusing.

• What does the Initial Interview consist of? Any advice? Thanks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4936 users online. 290 members and 4646 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X