Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm talking to my buddy who graduated couple months ago. He's going to link me the boot from galls he recommends.
    Last edited by CaliLibertarian; 08-29-2017, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ARCornejo08 View Post
      BWinans I searched what boots everyone was purchasing for the academy but there was very few responses.
      What boots do you have? Would you recommend them? Some suggest a second pair of boots, what are your thoughts?
      Im looking into either the Danner Recon or the Thorogood Station boots (with the zipper removed).
      Thank you!
      http://www.galls.com/danner-recon-in...002081&PMSRCH=

He also said you can have side Zippers
      Last edited by CaliLibertarian; 08-29-2017, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael_90 View Post
      http://www.galls.com/thorogood-men-s...002077&PMSRCH=

Do you know if these are acceptable?
      I believe so

Comment

• Ofcr037
        Ofcr037 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, those are fine...I might just pick up a pair of those as well...

• My invite finally came. Sounds like there a bunch more to go out so if you are waiting it should come anyway now!

Comment

• VelascoA
        VelascoA commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats Jmora_norcal!!

• Ofcr037
        Ofcr037 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats, Sir! I'll add your name to the class list...

• I'm in, offer accepted.
      Applied October 2015 Inland Division

Comment

• Ofcr037
        Ofcr037 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats! I'll add your name as well...

• Update:

CTC III-17 Cadets

1. Ofcr037
      2. JordanSmith127
      3. CHP_JLee_10
      4. ARCornejo08
      5. Ninjacop4
      6. Milwaukee
      7. Jmora_norcal
      8. McCutch231

Comment

• Anyone in the Orange County area (just moved here) and going to CTC III-17 PM me. I'm a personal trainer rn and looking for someone to train with leading up to the academy.

Comment

• Any suggestions as to how to study for the written exam?. I'm taking it in November and I want to start prepping for it. I am highly considering buying these two books, but what do you guys think?
          https://www.amazon.com/dp/1576857158...=1PPGX4B07O5X8
          https://www.amazon.com/dp/1635300371...=1PPGX4B07O5X8

Comment

• Originally posted by zham4531 View Post
            Any suggestions as to how to study for the written exam?. I'm taking it in November and I want to start prepping for it. I am highly considering buying these two books, but what do you guys think?
            https://www.amazon.com/dp/1576857158...=1PPGX4B07O5X8
            https://www.amazon.com/dp/1635300371...=1PPGX4B07O5X8
            Just go with the CHP specific one, the test is pretty basic stuff. Don't over think it.

Comment

• I have posted this before, just in case you didn't see it.

Words of wisdom to those who are attending the academy.
              1. You are owed nothing
              2. Life isn't "fair" , so get that out of your head.
              3. Your reputation at the academy follows you to your office.
              4. Honesty is the only policy.
              5. Hard work and being squared away makes life a lot easier.
              6. The academy sucks, but it's worth it.
              7. Staff office see's all.
              8. PT staff are not human. This has been proven...
              9. Don't be "that guy", if your classmates critique your attitude or the way you're acting. LISTEN!
              10. Treat your Jr. class with respect and help them as much as possible.
              11. EVOC is a blast. Don't stress
              12. Do what your told, and listen. You'll only be told things one time.
              13. Hiding food in your lockers is perfectly acceptable and in fact you'll probably be rewarded for it. Especially if your'e on the training table. (Sarcasam)
              14. Stay off of social media, no one needs to know your day to day life, where you are and what you're doing.
              15. Once again, you are owed nothing, you earn everything. And it can be taken away quickly.
              16. Good luck

Comment

• CaliLibertarian
                CaliLibertarian commented
                Editing a comment
                Solid post. Thanks.

• CaliLibertarian
                Editing a comment
                Can you list some extra things we should bring that aren't on the list?

• Has anyone quit their job for the academy and had to purchase health insurance for it? Mine ends day I quit and have to have it for the academy.
              Last edited by CaliLibertarian; 09-01-2017, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CaliLibertarian View Post
                Has anyone quit their job for the academy and had to purchase health insurance for it? Mine ends day I quit and have to have it for the academy.
                You will do all of your insurance and benefits paperwork the first day, i believe it takes effect after the first month you are there. And as far as what to bring, just bring what is on the list. Then get with your seniors or cadets that have been there prior to see what else you'll need.

Comment

• CaliLibertarian
                  Editing a comment
                  Is the week before the academy as late as they do invites
                  Last edited by CaliLibertarian; 09-03-2017, 10:32 PM.

• CaliLibertarian
                  Editing a comment
                  It says you have to have your physicians info for day 1. What if I don't have one

• Hey Guys, I'm new to the Forum. I was in the Hiring process with the CHP in 2016 and finished everything and was waiting for an academy invite. Long story short, I deployed and returned this last May. I've been in contact with my BI and had my Psych Oral 08/25/2017 and just found out a couple days ago I cleared medical. I was hoping to get into the Oct academy but that one seems out of reach. Does anyone know when the academy after that starts?

Comment

• CaliLibertarian
                  Editing a comment
                  I believe mid January. You might get a last minute invite

• Cool thanks man. And yeah I'm hoping to get in the Oct academy but we will see.

Comment

• CaliLibertarian
                  Editing a comment
                  Yah I was too but my psych interview was delayed so don't think it'll happen.

• Originally posted by Jlobmt View Post
                Thanx! I will definitely take your help. Haven't been contacted yet. But... I am going with doing a Ride along next. First question. Did you do a Ride along and if so did it help? What shift did you do. Also what shift do you recommend I do?

Not sure who you are asking but I'll chime in. I've done 5 ride alongs and everyone of them was different and informative. I did grave yards in east sac on a 12 hour shift where we did a dui bust and saw county jail and hospital. North sac did afternoon and learned a lot. Stockton morning when it was flooding. South sac I did afternoon and had some accidents. Do as many as you can and just pick different times

Comment

• Jlobmt
                  Jlobmt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wow Thanks! Good to know. I will be doing them in Vallejo, East bay area. Hopefully I will get to experience some action like you did. I know that they were asking me how many I'm available for an I will now take as many as I can. At first I thought one would be enough. But by your experience they were all informative in in different ways.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2746 users online. 153 members and 2593 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X