Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the second question is: for my job history, am i suppose to get the information of the people who were my supervisors back when i worked i ln certain places or is it ok to put the information of the current supervisors in such jobs? I had many different jobs before landing in the one that i've had for the last 5 years and i know in some jobs, people who used to be my managers/supervisors are no longer working in such jobs. Please any advise or help!

same question goes for the people who used to collect the money on the different places i have lived, some are no longer in charge of collecting rent in those places.

Comment

• CHP_JLee_10
      CHP_JLee_10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr_Chp2018,
      I don't know how extensive your job history was but as for me, I am probably going to be one of the oldest guys come October. I would write down the names of the supervisors you worked with at the time. I held quite a few jobs and did my best to provide all the information I could recall or look up in my records. Same answer for the places that you lived. Just provide the names of landlords at the time you resided at those places. Also, explain all these details with your BI. They understand that not everyone will stick with one employment for the rest of their lives. Good luck to you!

• JLee, if you don't mind me asking how old are you? I'm pretty sure I'll be in the running for the oldest guy in the class too. I turned 34 in July.

Comment

• Jmora_norcal
      Jmora_norcal commented
      Editing a comment
      Age is only a number! The young pups will be coming to us for the advise so looking at it that way age is a good thing

• VelascoA
      VelascoA commented
      Editing a comment
      No worries, I'm right behind you guys. Remember, age comes with more experience!!!

• BWinans
      BWinans commented
      Editing a comment
      Our seniors have a 40 year old. We have a 38 year old.

• BWinans
      BWinans commented
      Editing a comment
      Also, keep in mind you will have a variety of individuals, and you may be going to a "young pup" for advice. Age does not equal experience, it only equals age. We have a "young pup" from Africa. He fled a civil war, came to America, got 3 college degrees (including a masters). That is experience.

• Originally posted by Jmora_norcal View Post
    Age is only a number! The young pups will be coming to us for the advise so looking at it that way age is a good thing
    Dang. You guys are old! Haha jk

Comment

What did the workout at the academy entail

Comment

• Originally posted by CaliLibertarian View Post
        What did the workout at the academy entail
        It will very a bit. The last one I went to we started we started with a warm up that included 1 min of however many push-ups you can do and one min of sit-ups, then stretched. Next was a 3 mile run, out and back 1.5 miles on the perimeter road. There was an explorer graduation that day so we did a 20 minute floor work out by the track and did a 4 station circuit around the track. 45 seconds of an exercise (push ups, leg lifts, squats, mtn climbers) and 15 seconds to get to the next station 100 meters away. We did the obstacle course in pairs and finished up with a set of pull-ups. There will be a ground of regulars there that are referred to a Grey shirts. They are valley applicants that show up almost every week, super helpful in showing you how to sign in and guide you thru. If unsure about something ask them.

After the recruiters will stick around and answer question about whatever they can they said sometimes they can do tours of the grounds if there is nothing going on.

Well worth the trip if you can make it.

Comment

• CaliLibertarian
          CaliLibertarian commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds good. Let's go one of these saturdays in September. Im in Elk Grove so pretty close to the academy.

It's a good thing we have to be clean shaven or else my grey beard will show lol...

Comment

It's a good thing we have to be clean shaven or else my grey beard will show lol...

Comment

• CaliLibertarian
            Editing a comment
            I'm waiting on physical results and for a psych appt. I don't know if I'm going to make October academy

• Jmora_norcal
            Jmora_norcal commented
            Editing a comment
            Cali, when did you take you physicaI received the email to schedule my psych before I did my physical.

Cali, when did you take you physicaI received the email to schedule my psych before I did my physical.
          Did my second part of physical two weeks ago. I scheduled my physical for two days after final interview and then had the second part one week after. It's been almost four weeks since my final interview and no email yet for psych. My final interview was July 18th
          Last edited by CaliLibertarian; 08-11-2017, 01:28 PM.

Comment

• I've been "lurking" around for some time on this forum and decided it was about time to contribute something.

Valley Division:

Applied: 01/2016
            PAT/Written: 05/2016
            Initial Interview/BIQ: 08/2016
            Reference letters: 12/2016
            CVSA: 06/23/2017
            Final Interview/Psych Written: 06/29/2017
            Medical: 07/06/2016
            Psych Oral: 08/18/2017

As I'm sure you can see the process of backgrounds for myself was quite long. I had quite a few jobs and lived in quite a few places as I hope to be joining the "old man club" at the Academy in October. There were a couple other reasons why it took slightly longer than I would have liked but no need to go into detail on here.

CaliLibertarian It was 6 weeks after my Psych written and Med clearance that I got antsy and finally called Calhr PSP myself and was lucky enough to get someone who gave me some info, 2 days later I received an email with my appointment. If you do plan on going to some APP workouts, I recently moved some things around in my schedule to start going to Wednesday evenings, I'm out of Rocklin.

Comment

• CaliLibertarian
              Editing a comment
              Yah hopefully the email comes soon so I can make October academy. I can do wednesdays. How about next Wednesday? I'm not physically in shape enough yet but oh well.

• ghod
              ghod commented
              Editing a comment
              That's going to be my first one. I'm not quite in Academy shape myself. I have been running but from the sounds of it maybe not enough.

• Originally posted by ghod View Post
            That's going to be my first one. I'm not quite in Academy shape myself. I have been running but from the sounds of it maybe not enough.
            I'm signed up for Wednesday 16th. Anyone else going in sac?

Comment

I'm at 8 minute mile. It's the second mile that's up for debate

Comment

• ghod
                ghod commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm not too far off that mark myself.

I'm not too far off that mark myself.
              See ya Wednesday?

Comment

• ghod
                ghod commented
                Editing a comment
                See you there

• How did everyone find out they passed their physical and how long did it take to find out?

Comment

See you there
                Is Wednesday a regular workout? It looks like it is for just the PAT. I want to do one of the floor workout ones that are like the academy.

confirmed regular.
                Last edited by CaliLibertarian; 08-14-2017, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• ghod
                  ghod commented
                  Editing a comment
                  From what I saw on the registration page it is the exact same explanation of what the itinerary for the workout would be.

"After the mock testing, applicants will participate in a challenging run around academy grounds and a strenuous workout, similar to a basic cadet workout, in the gym."

I expect it to be the same as the workouts on the weekend.

From what I saw on the registration page it is the exact same explanation of what the itinerary for the workout would be.

"After the mock testing, applicants will participate in a challenging run around academy grounds and a strenuous workout, similar to a basic cadet workout, in the gym."

I expect it to be the same as the workouts on the weekend.
                Yah I texted the recruiter. He confirmed

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4927 users online. 289 members and 4638 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X