300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wilhelm317 View Post

I did my medical evaluation on 12/2 and still haven't cleared medical. I've yet to be scheduled for psych oral. So you're in a good spot either way. What are code was the psych oral call from? Also Sacramento?
    My psych oral will be in Sacramento

Comment

Originally posted by Jagman View Post

Did you order them online or were you able to find a place that carried them in stock?
      I found a store in Elk Grove that carries the Required boots that are stated on the form that was given to us. I originally purchased the Rockys 7 in. Side zip but I didn't feel comfortable in them so I exchanged them for these.

Comment

I also received an academy invite for March.

Comment

Originally posted by kitknox View Post
          I also received an academy invite for March.
          Congratulations kitknox. What division you out of?

Comment

Originally posted by Jagman View Post
            Congrats everyone! I called up to CHU and I'm just waiting for my fingerprints to reprocess and for the doctor to put the final stamp on clearing my inactive waiver then I'll receive my offer. He's expected this week or next so anyone else waiting on medical results there may be an update soon.

60 days you guys!! Looking forward to meeting up with you all!
            I called CHU at 1430 as I'm also waiting on the doctor and he hadnt come in today. I mentioned I would call back next Friday and Tina said it'd probably be safe to call the week after that. Maybe you can call late next week and I'll call the week after. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by herreria View Post

I called CHU at 1430 as I'm also waiting on the doctor and he hadnt come in today. I mentioned I would call back next Friday and Tina said it'd probably be safe to call the week after that. Maybe you can call late next week and I'll call the week after. Haha
              I've been calling weekly and just keep saying wait a couple weeks lol. The doc must have went on a long vacation.

Comment

Congrats to those of you who've gotten your invitation to be a part of CTC I-17. I'm a current cadet in CTC IV-16, and it really wasn't that long ago that I was in your shoes. Feel free to DM me if you have an academy specific questions. I'll do my best to answer them if time permits. Good luck to everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by immp20 View Post

I found a store in Elk Grove that carries the Required boots that are stated on the form that was given to us. I originally purchased the Rockys 7 in. Side zip but I didn't feel comfortable in them so I exchanged them for these.
                  Yeah that's my worry is them not being comfortable and swapping out without enough time to break them in. I'll have to dig a little deeper to find a store out here in Border that carries them.

Comment

• _tenfour
                    _tenfour commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What boots are listed per the requirements?

***Here's an updated list of everyone headed to CTC 1-17 so far.***

1.Nick213
                  2.immp20
                  3.OdiousJeeves17
                  4.sgjr25
                  5.Yamahauler
                  6.Liddiae1983
                  7.kitknox
                  Congrats to all of you!

On the bubble waiting for invitation:
                  Jagman
                  D_Lopez000
                  herreria

Let me know if you get your invitation so I can add you to the list!! STAY MOTIVATED!!

Comment

Originally posted by herreria View Post

Haha teamwork I like it! I actually have to call Monday when I send my clearance letter from my doctor up. I'll probe a little and see if there's any update.

Comment

Originally posted by OdiousJeeves17 View Post

Congratulations kitknox. What division you out of?
                      Valley is what I applied for but I've heard I'll probably end up in the bay.

Comment

Originally posted by kitknox View Post

Valley is what I applied for but I've heard I'll probably end up in the bay.
                        Where you apply doesn't relate to where you will be placed after the academy. It's just where you go through your hiring steps. Usually new officers are placed in metropolitan areas like SF, LA, SD, ect.

Comment

Originally posted by John923 View Post

Where you apply doesn't relate to where you will be placed after the academy. It's just where you go through your hiring steps. Usually new officers are placed in metropolitan areas like SF, LA, SD, ect.
                          This is the CTC III-14 grad video. It lists all the placements for the class in the end. Just gives you an idea of where the bulk of the new officers end up. I was surprised to see two resident posts were in there. That's got to be a rare placement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVzmp9RzjhM

Comment

There's usually always a handful of resident posts, in the recent classes there have been quite a few areas accepting new officers that haven't taken anyone out of the academy in years. But on the flip side, about 80% of the class will go to the bay area or LA. That's just the way it is, all you have to do is hope you own a house and have a good social security number, and you should get one of your top picks.

Comment

I wish I had a better social #...mine starts with a 0...Most likely I will have the last pick.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5819 users online. 321 members and 5498 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X