Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My BI said he would call me the same day he sent the email to set up my final interview. That was a week ago no call yet. :/

Comment

• Hello all,

I recently contacted CHU and got word I passed everything and that I should be expecting an invitation to the Academy in the mail some time in July. It's been a long process. I applied in October of 2015. The bulk of the time was due to the fact that my case had to be reassigned to a different BI which resulted in my background check being the longest phase of the process but I'm grateful that my BI understood the situation and made all efforts to expedite my case thoroughly and in a timely manner. I look forward to seeing you guys in October!

Comment

• HereToProtect
        HereToProtect commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello!

First I would like to say congratulations! Hopefully I will be in your shoes soon. May I ask why you were transferred? I'm only asking because I applied in the Southern Division however I live in the Inland Division and one of the officers at the PAT explained that I will probably be transferred to a BI where I live. I'm just hoping that won't slow the process for me. Thanks in advance!

• Ofcr037
        Ofcr037 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats! Long road, but worth it, right?! I'll add you to the III-17 class list...

• CHP_JLee_10
        CHP_JLee_10 commented
        Editing a comment
        HereToProtect,

Thank you! The reasons why my case was transferred were not explained to me in detail. I did apply to the coastal division but I was living in the Golden Gate division. My situation could have been just a fluke. The BI I had my initial interview with had gone on a month long vacation and somehow my case was left in limbo. I'm sure your process will go a lot smoother than mine did. I wish you the best of luck! Like many have said here, be patient. In some cases, no news is good news. An example was the second part of the psych evaluation. It took a little more than five weeks before I got the good news. I was told at the beginning to wait at least 4 weeks before contacting CHU.

Ofcr037, I appreciate it brother. Long road yes, worth every minute. Now it's just a matter of preparing my body and mind for the academy as best I can.

• HereToProtect
        HereToProtect commented
        Editing a comment
        CHP_JLee_10,

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it! This is an awesome community and I can't wait to work alongside all you guys/gals. Best of luck to you!

• UPDATE:

CTC III-17 Academy Class

1. ofcr037 (passed/cleared - awaiting invite)
      2. ninjacop4 (passed/cleared - awaiting invite)
      3. CHP_JLee_10 (passed/cleared - awaiting invite)

Comment

• Anyone thinking about getting these Thorogood boots? I already have Danner Recons, but they are a tad bit hefty. I was even thinking going super light with some Thorogood Stations (w/ the front zipper removed)
        ​​
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 2 photos.
        Last edited by Ofcr037; 07-07-2017, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• CHP_JLee_10
          CHP_JLee_10 commented
          Editing a comment
          I plan to order a pair of Thorogood boots. From what I read on this forum, it seems like a solid choice. Some of you have mentioned that getting two pair of boots would be a benefit. Anyone who has gone through or currently in the academy second this idea?

• Ofcr037
          Ofcr037 commented
          Editing a comment
          While it is not "mandatory" to have a 2nd pair, it is VERY highly recommended. Trust me...it'll be one less thing to worry about. They are just for EVOC/Range and dont need to be anything fancy or expensive. BUT....someone correct me if Im wrong, it has to be able to accept a shine IF, again "IF" needed.
          Last edited by Ofcr037; 07-08-2017, 02:26 PM.

• Jmora_norcal
          Jmora_norcal commented
          Editing a comment
          like Ofcr037 say not mandatory but in my experience the officers I have talked with say the second pair is expected. One of the many "unwriten rules" so to speak. Is there some one in the academy that might have some personal experience to "shine" some light on this for us? Some pun intended.

• Seems like most people are informed by their BI that they passed the psych oral. My case worked another way around. My BI asked me whether or not I pass it. I called CHU and told my BI the result.

Anyway, I passed everything too. Waiting for the invitation.

Comment

• Ofcr037
          Ofcr037 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats francisco_2017!! How do you feel knowing the good news and your process is finally done with? I'll add you to the class list...

• UPDATE:

CTC III-17 Academy Class

1. ofcr037 (passed/cleared - awaiting invite)
        2. ninjacop4 (passed/cleared - awaiting invite)
        3. CHP_JLee_10 (passed/cleared - awaiting invite)
        4. francisco_2017 (passed/cleared - awaiting invite)

Comment

• Just a heads up. You can pass/clear everything and still not get selected. This happened to a family member of mine. Seems like you are thinking your 100% going to get an invite. Honestly you are counting your chickens before the egg hatches. Not trying to be negative, but nothing is official until you get a go.
          Last edited by Jwill924; 07-08-2017, 04:26 PM.

Comment

• Ofcr037
            Ofcr037 commented
            Editing a comment
            List is staying up regardless and I will update the statuses when the applicant accepts their invitation. In my personal case, I've been given the green light from Tina herself over at CHU to expect my invitation for III-17. Heck, she even gave me and my BI a heads up and asked to pack my stuff already just incase someone drops out before II-17 started. Im a retread as well so yeah, I can and will count my eggs. As for the others on this list, I dont know your situation, but I guess consider Jwill924's advice because you might not be in this III-17 class. You guys are the next fresh group in line cleared for hire for the next academy so idk why they wouldnt put you guys in it. I doubt III-17 is full already.

• Goldbadge85
            Goldbadge85 commented
            Editing a comment
            Man that's scary.

• Originally posted by Jmora_norcal View Post
          Hey guys been awhile, I had my psych oral today and thought I could share my timeline

PAT 10/22/16
          Written 10/23/16
          Results 11/3/16 - rank 6
          PHS submitted 11/18/16
          Initial interview 2/7/17
          CVSA 2/14/17
          Final interview 5/17/17
          Medical (final face to face with DR) 6/5/17
          Psych Oral 6/14/17

I'm out of Golden Gate division. Good luck everyone and hope to see you in October.
          Update-

I have to get a treadmill stress test done (My BMI is above 30 but run half marathons and do triathlons). In the letter it had a deadline that I had to "comply" with the request. As most of you know medical appointments might be hard to come by depending on your Dr and insurance but if you run in to this situation I think your first call should be to CHU. I explained the situation and I was given an extension. Based on the conversation I had with CHU and the experience of someone in the hiring process I keep in touch with they give out the extension as long as you communicate with them a need for it.

My psych results are still pending but I'm coming up on 4 weeks on Wednesday.

Comment

• Where can I find the CHU phone number?

Comment

• Thanks, Jmora_norcal !!!

Comment

• Jmora_norcal
              Jmora_norcal commented
              Editing a comment
              My pleasure, Anytime!

• As I type this I am very emotional and bummed out. I'm in backgrounds and have my interview in about 3 weeks. I just got in a collision which was my fault. I rear ended a vehicle. There was no injuries as it wasn't that serious. The police wasn't called which I think might be a mistake but we exchanged insurances and accident will be reported. I will bring this up on my interview before we even start. Is this a cause for a DQ? I really really hope not. Everything else in my backgrounds should be really good. The timing of this is just so unfortunate and I'm worried and upset with myself.

Comment

• Ofcr037
              Ofcr037 commented
              Editing a comment
              Now Im not sure if your BI mentioned this, but with mine, she said that if anything happens while in backgrounds, you're suppose inform and update them right away. So my advice is, do not wait til 3 weeks to tell them at your interview about the collision. They wont dq you automatically for that sole fact..they look at the totality of the circumstances. Good luck and stay positive.

• Jmora_norcal
              Jmora_norcal commented
              Editing a comment
              It's not an automatic DQ. I had an at fault accident right before my background started. 037 is right don't wait, email your BI right away giving them the facts (date, time location, other party info etc) and a brief description of what happened. That's what I did and everything was smooth. As long as accidents aren't a common occurrence in your driving history you should have nothing to worry about.
              Last edited by Jmora_norcal; 07-13-2017, 08:30 AM.

• Jmora_norcal Ofcr037 Just notified my BI through email. I just hope everything turns out for the better and hope I can continue. Thank you for the positive outlook.

Comment

• Originally posted by pdamian View Post
              Jmora_norcal Ofcr037 Just notified my BI through email. I just hope everything turns out for the better and hope I can continue. Thank you for the positive outlook.
              You should be fine. Don't sweat it

Comment

• Hello fellow cadet candidates, this is my first post on her as I am also currently in the hiring process. I am hoping to be a part of III-17
                and am curious if anyone has received a formal invite for the academy yet or if it is still to early for that? Trying to estimate what my chances are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael_90 View Post
                  Hello fellow cadet candidates, this is my first post on her as I am also currently in the hiring process. I am hoping to be a part of III-17
                  and am curious if anyone has received a formal invite for the academy yet or if it is still to early for that? Trying to estimate what my chances are.
                  I have final interview Tuesday. I'm hoping to be done with everything in time for October

Comment

• Michael_90
                    Michael_90 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ya I have medical tomorrow then just waiting for my oral psych.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6240 users online. 319 members and 5921 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X