300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BWinans View Post
    I put together a flashcard study set of everything you're expected to memorize initially. You can see them here: https://quizlet.com/B_Winans/folders/chp
    So awesome, thank you

Comment

• BWinans
      BWinans commented
      Editing a comment
      My pleasure. I'll be at academy starting Monday, so please feel free to share these with anyone you feel needs it. Good luck!

• Jmora_norcal
      Jmora_norcal commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck at the academy and hope to see you over there come October. Thanks for putting the flash cards together!

• Originally posted by CHP-2-B View Post
    Unless you appeal the decision you don't find out the exact reason why. CalHR doc only comes into CHU about once a week or so. Should have a final decision by Friday. Meaning invite beginning of July fingers crossed.
    Why didn't you appeal?

Comment

• CHP-2-B
      CHP-2-B commented
      Editing a comment
      The appeal process is long, and cost money out of pocket. You need to pay to have another psych oral done on your own dime and it isn't a for sure. The issue I ran into when I thought about doing it was "conflict of interest".
      You have to have a psychologist who is POST certified, which is a very small group. Then you are more or less asking them to tell CalHR that the first psych you went to didn't do their job properly. If you can do that then it goes before a board. They have three options.
      1. Stay with your DQ
      2. Go with the new psych decision
      3. Have you go before a panel of psychologists. You are basically on trial.
      After learning all of this I chose to reapply and go through the process again. I'm sure there are guys on here who will tell you it was easy to appeal or that it was a quick process. Maybe so but off the word of my BI who had been doing it for 12 years and never seen a successful appeal I just jumped on the next hiring loop.

• Originally posted by Milwaukee View Post
    Congrats sir! I'm waiting to clear medical and for psych oral appointment. Hoping to join you in the next Academy class. When does next class begin? I believe it's in late September, but unsure of date.
    October 14 I think

what did medical consist of?

Comment

• Jmora_norcal
      Jmora_norcal commented
      Editing a comment
      They'll read all your vitals like any other visit. Then a blood draw for a full panel, you'll proved a urine sample, body measurements (I assume for BMI calculations), TB skin test, back X-rays, ekg test, color blindness and vision test, hearing test, demostrare the ability to lift 50 pounds (with proper form, think lift with the legs, not your back) ... I think that's it but each Dr will have slight variations I'm sure.

• Milwaukee
      Milwaukee commented
      Editing a comment
      My medical began with a tox screen (urine). Routine physical checking vision, hearing, and height/weight including the BMI calculations. They measure your chest/waist. Stress test which consists of measuring your resting blood pressure then having you jog at very light pace on treadmill then measure your blood pressure again.

Routine questions about drug use, alcohol, tobacco. Physician then performs physical check up on eyes, ears, nose, mouth, lungs (breathing), looks for hernias, and listens to your heart. They do the x-rays of your back and draw blood to test for various abnormalities and screen for drug use.

I had the screening a few weeks ago. I have to call CHU and follow up tomorrow to give myself peace of mind. lol

• Any GG applicants in the north bay tomorrow? There is an APP workout in Windsor at the park off Cameron Dr. 7955 Cameron Dr.

Don't forget the wavier form.

https://www.chp.ca.gov/chp-careers/o...eminars-events
    https://www.chp.ca.gov/CHPCareersSit...m%20Waiver.pdf

Comment

• Today is exactly 4 weeks since my Psych Oral and CHU told me on Monday that they still haven't received any results. Anyone else in a similar spot?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bryan01169 View Post
        Today is exactly 4 weeks since my Psych Oral and CHU told me on Monday that they still haven't received any results. Anyone else in a similar spot?
        Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since mine, no DQ letter in mail, so hoping all is well. My BI said be ready for a last minute academy invite, but hoping for October.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3Dude4 View Post

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since mine, no DQ letter in mail, so hoping all is well. My BI said be ready for a last minute academy invite, but hoping for October.
          what division are you out of?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bryan01169 View Post

what division are you out of?
            Golden Gate, you?

Comment

• Originally posted by 3Dude4 View Post

Golden Gate, you?
              Same

Comment

• Originally posted by BWinans View Post
                I believe CTC III-17 starts October 2nd.
                Oh I was told around the 14th from BI. lol no one knows. I got word I passed CVSA today and going to get a final interview.

Comment

• Jmora_norcal
                  Jmora_norcal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Congrats! Keep pushing!

• Originally posted by CaliLibertarian View Post

Oh I was told around the 14th from BI. lol no one knows. I got word I passed CVSA today and going to get a final interview.
                Congrats man. Good luck on your final.

Comment

• My BI mentioned around end of September and Ive heard from someone else its October 2nd, now Im seeing above its around October 14 (a Saturday) ....yeah, it would be nice if they could figure it out and give us a set date.

Comment

• I promise you they do have it figured out, and they will let you know when they are ready for you to know. To try and help out, my class ends Sept. 22nd, and there is typically a week in between before starting another which would make Oct. 2nd a fair guess. However, this is a stand by to stand by process and turns into it even more so once you're on academy grounds. So prepare yourself the best way you can and when it's your time and you get word, be ready to move.

II-17 I hope you all are ready!!

To everyone else in the process, good luck and stay motivated!

Comment

• Hello everyone . I'm new to this thread but was looking for some insight

here is my timeline

November 2016- PAT/Written
                      December 2016- written results rank 2
                      also submitted my PHS
                      January 2017-BIQ

My BI suggested i do the active military waiver due my time left on my contract . I'm about to start back up. My question is for my initial interview there have been some changes. When I did my application I listed my entire work history, same with the PHS. However I had messaged my old coworkers from years ago to get contact info and they never got back to me in time to put it on the PHS so I put n/a on the coworker section. but since I did the waiver they have gotten back to me with their information .

Do you think that will be an issue during the interview? Are they understanding with that. I just simply did not have the information at the time . My whole work history was disclosed though , I didn't leave anything out there .

Any insight would be appreciated !!

Comment

• Jmora_norcal
                        Jmora_norcal commented
                        Editing a comment
                        First off welcome to the thread!

If it were me I would have the information with you next you see you BI or even email them explaining the situation. I had a situation slightly different. I took a new position with the company I'm with between the time I mailed in my PHS and my initial. I gave them the new info and moved on not big deal.

Good luck with the process and keep us posted!

• Infantry0311
                        Infantry0311 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        He told me I can update the PHS. He didn't seem too concerned with it . It's just very old info, jobs from like 8 years ago.

I'll keep everyone updated.

• UPDATE:

CTC III-17 Academy Class

1. ofcr037 (passed/cleared - awaiting invite)
                      2. ninjacop4 (passed/cleared - awaiting invite)
                      Last edited by Ofcr037; 06-29-2017, 04:17 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6240 users online. 321 members and 5919 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X