Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psych oral June 2nd... no word yet, refresh email every 15 mins, and check mailbox like 3 times a day! Anxious to start a career!

Comment

• Hey guys been awhile, I had my psych oral today and thought I could share my timeline

PAT 10/22/16
      Written 10/23/16
      Results 11/3/16 - rank 6
      PHS submitted 11/18/16
      Initial interview 2/7/17
      CVSA 2/14/17
      Final interview 5/17/17
      Medical (final face to face with DR) 6/5/17
      Psych Oral 6/14/17

I'm out of Golden Gate division. Good luck everyone and hope to see you in October.

Comment

• Just took my CVSA today in Sacramento. The officer doing it came back and only said one question showed anything. I told her it was truthful. She didn't say pass or fail. When do I find out and is that a good sign?

Comment

• Jmora_norcal
          Jmora_norcal commented
          Editing a comment
          I believe it's just an indication for your BI to look deeper in to whatever the question was referring to on your PHS. I'm sure it has a lot to do with what the question was but also not an expert on the matter. As long as you are truthful 100% all the way thru you will be fine.

• Originally posted by Jmora_norcal View Post
        I am not sure on the deferment process but CHU would be you best bet. But being the next class starts in 12 day (only 7 more working days) from today, I would imagine that the June class is about full or they have contacted those that would be a last minute add with a "if we invite you to the June class could you accept?" already. But I don't know one way or the other just guessing. On the other hand, how much have you kept you employer in the loop thru the process? They should have enough contacted by your BI durning your background. Will they be surprised if you gave the notice?

Now with that said hopefully we get the opportunity to meet in person at the academy and you get to know that I am not the type that would ever want to sound nor intentionally come off as condescending so please don't interpret it that way. Good luck to you and hope to see you in October!
        You are almost there man, keep your head up. If someone falls out, you might get an invite at the last second. Stay prepared and best of luck!

Comment

• Has anyone taken the CVSA and thought they did well but then DQ in the final interview after?

Comment

• Goldbadge85
            Goldbadge85 commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you change your answers when questioned by the CVSA administrator?

• Ofcr037
            Ofcr037 commented
            Editing a comment
            If you fail the CVSA, they will tell you on the spot. Therefore, you should be good to go.

• Originally posted by Goldbadge85 View Post
          Did you change your answers when questioned by the CVSA administrator?
          No. I'm not saying I got kicked out I was just curious. I just had it yesterday and haven't heard anything.

Comment

• Goldbadge85
            Goldbadge85 commented
            Editing a comment
            I've personally never heard of that happening to anyone. What did the CVSA administrator say after the test?

I've personally never heard of that happening to anyone. What did the CVSA administrator say after the test?
          Not much. I asked if final interview was next and she said probably that usually they don't waste time doing cvsa unless backgrounds were pretty far along. When she came back in she asked only about one thing. The two questions she told me to lie about one said I wasn't lying haha.

Comment

• Goldbadge85
            Goldbadge85 commented
            Editing a comment
            lol you're good to go. I remember when they told me that I showed deception with two questions when I was being 100% truthful. She wanted me to change my answers but I didn't and I ended up passing the same day.

lol you're good to go. I remember when they told me that I showed deception with two questions when I was being 100% truthful. She wanted me to change my answers but I didn't and I ended up passing the same day.
          Hopefully we are both there in October

Comment

• Goldbadge85
            Goldbadge85 commented
            Editing a comment
            My odds of making the October class are slim to none because I'm barely taking the PAT on 7/22. You'll be up there tho.

My odds of making the October class are slim to none because I'm barely taking the PAT on 7/22. You'll be up there tho.
          What Division are you from, and when did you take your initial PAT/Written tests?

Comment

• Goldbadge85
            Goldbadge85 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm inland division. We're scheduled to take the PAT on 7/22.

I'm inland division. We're scheduled to take the PAT on 7/22.
          I meant the process that you got DQ'ed from?

Comment

• Goldbadge85
            Goldbadge85 commented
            Editing a comment
            I tested back in September 2014 and failed the psych in 2015.

• CHP-2-B
            CHP-2-B commented
            Editing a comment
            Stick with it. I applied 11/2014 made it to psych and got DQ'd. Reapplied and waited my year sat with psych last month and got word last week I passed. Just waiting for CalHR doc to sign my medical off.

I tested back in September 2014 and failed the psych in 2015.
          How long did it take for them to send you a letter for the DQ? The only reason I ask is because I got DQ'ed at the end of April and I still haven't received anything.
          Last edited by monsterdiv; 06-15-2017, 11:18 PM.

Comment

• Goldbadge85
            Goldbadge85 commented
            Editing a comment
            My status updated online to failed psych exactly a week after the interview and I received my letter within 2 weeks from the interview. Did you appeal the DQ?

My status updated online to failed psych exactly a week after the interview and I received my letter within 2 weeks from the interview. Did you appeal the DQ?
          I didnt appeal it, I want to reapply and test in October. I might have to contact my former BI and see if they can complete the DQ.

Comment

• Goldbadge85
            Goldbadge85 commented
            Editing a comment
            What division are you from?

• Jmora_norcal
            Jmora_norcal commented
            Editing a comment
            Once the BI send in the recommendation it all gets handled by the CHU. You can call them for updates. My first DQ took awhile (almost 4 months) I think that it gets reviewed by a couple people before it gets finalized. I betting that's what takes the longest.

• Originally posted by monsterdiv View Post

I didnt appeal it, I want to reapply and test in October. I might have to contact my former BI and see if they can complete the DQ.
          Why did you get DQ?

Comment

• monsterdiv
            monsterdiv commented
            Editing a comment
            Im from Golden Gate...I got DQ'ed over paperwork and employment longevity.

• Goldbadge85
            Goldbadge85 commented
            Editing a comment
            Were there any discrepancies or omissions on your paper work?

• Originally posted by monsterdiv View Post

You are almost there man, keep your head up. If someone falls out, you might get an invite at the last second. Stay prepared and best of luck!
          Thanks bud! Hope to see you stick with it and make it thru. This is my second time going thru it and its very common to have reapply so don't get discouraged.

Comment

• monsterdiv
            monsterdiv commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh wow...I want to reapply ASAP, I hope the paperwork gets completed soon. Thanks man!

Were there any discrepancies or omissions on your paper work?
          On the STD678 I put 8 of my jobs, and there were only 8 spots...On my PHS I put my complete work history.

Comment

• Goldbadge85
            Goldbadge85 commented
            Editing a comment
            That's whack. It was definitely not your fault and it could have been easily overlooked if they would have gave you an opportunity to explain. Your BI was probably very picky.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3923 users online. 201 members and 3722 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X