Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats on the invites Nick and Sergio! We should start the list.

These are the people heading to the June 26th CTC II-17:
    1. Sergioo85
    2. Nick1230
    3. Sgjr25

Please let me know if you have received an invite to the June 26th academy so I can update the list.
    Last edited by sgjr25; 05-11-2017, 02:55 AM.

Comment

• Have my Psych oral tommorow, have been waiting awhile for this moment. Hopefully everything goes well and I see you guys for CTC II-17

Comment

• Terrob
        Terrob commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry for the late reply but it took me some extra time after the psych written because they requested additional military documents. But I took it in November sometime.

• Terrob
        Terrob commented
        Editing a comment
        And I'm out of the inland division

• francisco_2017
        francisco_2017 commented
        Editing a comment
        You're fine. Bro. I think that could happen to me too because I am prior service too. Army. What about you? Im transferring from reserve to guard this May.
        I feel excited to know lots of service members also join the CHP. You are the third one I know in the forum so far. I have also seen lots of Army folks last year in the PAT. That could keep our group highly disciplined and motivated in the academy. Hooah!

• Terrob
        Terrob commented
        Editing a comment
        I was a Marine but yes same I saw lots of prior service guys as I was going through backgrounds from all branches. And if you have ever deployed they are going to want all the Pre/Post deployment health assessments which is what took me the longest to get just FYI.

• Psych written 12/28. Contacted by calHr 02/22 for appointment 03/02 I called CHU 4 weeks 2 days after oral and they already have results.

Comment

• francisco_2017
        francisco_2017 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. That's pretty long waiting. My BI wants me to attend the June course but I doubt it would happen since I just had my psych written today. I'm with the Golden Gate Division so I hope it could be done within 4-6 weeks. I really want to attend the academy in June instead of October.

• Terrob
        Terrob commented
        Editing a comment
        Normally if you don't hear anything back within two weeks it means everything is good. Also you might be able to make it. There have been candidates that got an invite two days before the start date, which would kind of suck to find out that late.

• francisco_2017
        francisco_2017 commented
        Editing a comment
        Terrob. I hope so. I may call them in 3-4 weeks to check my status because I could not wait until the last couple days before the academy starts. My guard unit needs to know it by the end of May so that they could excuse me for 28 weeks. ;$

• Hello everyone, was just contacted for my Psych Oral. I'll post my updated timeline:

12/14/15 - Applied for position of Cadet
      4/30/16 - PAT
      5/1/16 - Written Test
      7/1/16 - Submitted PHS
      9/22/16 - BIQ with Background Investigator
      11/01/16 - Initial Interview with BI
      12/02/16 - CVSA
      03/21/17 - Final Interview
      03/22/17 - Psych Written
      03/22/17 - Medical Exam
      04/20/17 - Contacted by CalHR
      04/27/17 - Psych Oral

I'm out of Central Division, so if anyone has any advice or is looking for some, feel free to contact me!

Comment

• fabian_g
        fabian_g commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey there good afternoon, I was hoping you can tell me when you heard back from the results of your CVSA exam? I took it last week and I haven't been contacted by anyone. I'm assuming if I did not pass then they would have DQ'd me already right? Congratulations on making it thus far.

• Tsanders28
        Tsanders28 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello. When I finished mine, the Officer conducting it let me know that no deception was indicated, and that he would write his report. I don't think it's something you have to wait to hear back on. If you failed it, they probably would've told you right there.

• Nice to see everyone moving along. Looking forward to you new cadets arriving to the academy on 06/26/17

Comment

• Just finished my psych oral today. Don't feel great about it because I felt like I was being judged for drinking occasionally. I put at most I have 4-5 drinks a week - usually an outing with friends. Happens less than twice a month. Not sure, but felt like she wasn't happy with that answer. Is that an abnormal amount to drink?
        Last edited by mike_l; 04-29-2017, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• francisco_2017
          francisco_2017 commented
          Editing a comment
          Take it easy. man. Psych oral is not supposed to be nice. How long have you waited for the oral since the written? Which division?

• mike_l
          mike_l commented
          Editing a comment
          Been about 2 months since written. Golden Gate!

• I know the age max is 35 at time of application. Just curious is there any exception to this rule. Has it changed at all?

Comment

• Applied: 07/2016
          PAT: 10/22/2016
          Written: 10/23/2015
          Rank Results Rank 6: 11/02/2016
          Rank Results: 11/03/2016
          Background Contact: 11/03/2016
          Submitted PHS: 11/15/2016
          Background Orientation: 01/19/2017
          Initial Interview with the BI: 03/29/17
          Reference Letters Sent Out: N/A
          Investigative Interview: 04/25/17

Result: Disqualified

I messed up on my STD 678, I included partial work history, where on my PHS I included my whole work history.

I will reapply and test in Oct.

Good luck to all of you in the process.

Comment

• sgjr25
            sgjr25 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm sorry to hear that brother. Good luck in October.

• Hey guys. It's been almost 3 weeks since my second psych interview. Does anyone recommend when I should get in touch with CHU to see whether or not I passed?

Comment

• Originally posted by jep0422 View Post
            Hey guys. It's been almost 3 weeks since my second psych interview. Does anyone recommend when I should get in touch with CHU to see whether or not I passed?
            You should call them already. I think they will have the results in. It's usually a two week waiting period to receive a DQ in the mail, or even a week via email. What's your application status show? Did they tell you why you needed a second interview?

Comment

• jep0422
              jep0422 commented
              Editing a comment
              My app status still shows "passed background investigation". I needed a 2nd interview because the original psych forgot to ask some questions that were flagged on the written and they wanted to go over those.

• I have not heard anything from my background investigator in 2 months. I am currently in backgrounds awaiting for CVSA. Is this a normal time period? Also is it detrimental to email my background investigator for an update on my application.

Comment

• Originally posted by batman_robin View Post
              I have not heard anything from my background investigator in 2 months. I am currently in backgrounds awaiting for CVSA. Is this a normal time period? Also is it detrimental to email my background investigator for an update on my application.
              2 months might be a bit early. 4-6 months is normal from what I have witnessed but all depends on the division and caseload of the investigators. During the background process no news is good news. As far as the cvsa goes some divisions do it early in the process and some schedule towards the end of the background. There are a good amount of applicants from most of the divisions that have posted timelines in this thread and the 2016 thread. You should be able to find one from the division you are applying to and it will give you a rough guilde on what to expect for dates. Another thing to remember, there are guidelines in P.O.S.T. that specify how parts of background are to be conducted and all the boxes have to be check, so to speak.

If I was in your shoes I wouldn't stress about emailing your BI. They know and understand that this is a long process and people get anxious. You're not the first and will not be the last to ask for an update. The investigators will contact you if they are having trouble getting responses or if there is missing information. Use the time to work on getting in shape for the academy. Youtube has some good videos on different academy workouts. A lot of them are media boot camp days that has some of the PT workout filmed but you will get a taste of what kind of exercises that to do. You might have to dig a bit to find them but they are out there. Running is going to be the key.

Good luck with everything!
              Last edited by NorCal Jas; 05-08-2017, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• batman_robin
                batman_robin commented
                Editing a comment
                ok. thank you for the advice

• Hey all, does anyone know the process and criteria for postponing your Academy date? Is it possible to push it back, for example, the June 26th to the October (if that's correct) one?

Comment

• Originally posted by mike_l View Post
                Hey all, does anyone know the process and criteria for postponing your Academy date? Is it possible to push it back, for example, the June 26th to the October (if that's correct) one?

Have you received an invite for the June Academy? If so, you would have to fill out the waiver form with a valid reason as to why you can not attend. If not, you should speak with your investigator. Waiving an Academy does not guarantee an invitation to the next Academy. Next Academy starts on October 2nd.

Comment

• Earlier this week I received an invite for CTC II-17 and accepted. See you guys in June!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5543 users online. 334 members and 5209 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X