300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jabba Ranks View Post
    Are you automatically invited into the next academy class if you choose to waive?
    No. I was placed on a medical hold. My surgeon will have to clear me and determine that I will be able to perform unrestricted maximal physical activities at the academy.

Comment

• Hello everyone. First time posting and thought I'd post my timeline.

12/14/15 - Applied for position of Cadet
      4/30/16 - PAT
      5/1/16 - Written Test
      7/1/16 - Submitted PHS
      9/22/16 - BIQ with Background Investigator
      11/01/16 - Initial Interview with BI
      12/02/16 - CVSA
      03/21/17 - Final Interview
      03/22/17 - Psych Written
      03/22/17 - Medical Exam
      TBA - Psych Oral

I met with a clinic doctor on 3/24/17 to discuss the results of my medical exam. He cleared me as a result. Am I now done with my medical? Any questions about the process feel free to ask! Thanks

Comment

• You will then need to be cleared by the CHU doc before you are officially medically cleared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wilhelm317 View Post
          You will then need to be cleared by the CHU doc before you are officially medically cleared.
          Thanks for your reply. Will I be contacted by them at a later time?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tsanders28 View Post
            Thanks for your reply. Will I be contacted by them at a later time?
            You will be contacted to do your pysch oral, which usually means you cleared medical. You can call them every other week or so to inquire about your status

Comment

• Hey guys. I am curious about something because I have not heard of it before....

I took my psych interview about three weeks ago in Fresno. I was waiting to hear if I passed or failed, but just recently I received a call from cal HR. They stated that I needed to take another psych interview, this time in Sacramento. Is the process of going through two psych interviews common with the CHP? Anyone have any idea why I would need to take a 2nd psych interview? Dont know if I should look at this as more of a positive since I did not fail or negative since I did not pass. First psych interview was brutal enough!

Comment

• Originally posted by jep0422 View Post
                Hey guys. I am curious about something because I have not heard of it before....

I took my psych interview about three weeks ago in Fresno. I was waiting to hear if I passed or failed, but just recently I received a call from cal HR. They stated that I needed to take another psych interview, this time in Sacramento. Is the process of going through two psych interviews common with the CHP? Anyone have any idea why I would need to take a 2nd psych interview? Dont know if I should look at this as more of a positive since I did not fail or negative since I did not pass. First psych interview was brutal enough!
                I've been following this forum also for awhile and I haven't heard of anyone in your situation. At least it's better than failing. I also took mine in fresno about 5 weeks ago.

Comment

Hey guys. I am curious about something because I have not heard of it before....

Comment

• Just got my invite to CHP academy June 26th! I'll post up my timeline later on today. Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Comment

• monsterdiv
                      monsterdiv commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Please do! I was told by my BI if everything goes well, I should be in the June Academy too!

I don't think it happens very often, but I have read it happening in the past. But it's just like you said, it's better than a fail at the very least.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sergioo85 View Post
                      Just got my invite to CHP academy June 26th! I'll post up my timeline later on today. Let me know if anyone has any questions.
                      CONGRATS!!!! Looks like you're the first of the forum to get the invite to the June class. Good luck to all who are near as well!

Comment

• Got my invite for June 26th. I won't post my timeline, don't want to scare anyone haha, I'm a active duty applicant so it was stretched out.

Comment

• JFeathers
                          JFeathers commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Congratulations! Do you mind sharing the time line? lol. I am an out of state applicant and they say those take just as long. So I was going to kind of get an idea.

• nick1230
                          nick1230 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          These dates are all approximate as it has been a bit.
                          Written:Jan 2016
                          Physical: Feb 2016
                          Backgrounds:April-August 2016
                          Medical took a bit longer due to needing additional documents.
                          Psych: December 2016
                          First offer was Jan 2017 waived it and just got my second offer.

• francisco_2017
                          francisco_2017 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Which branch are you?

• nick1230
                          nick1230 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Active Duty Marines. Who else is a vet in looking for a June seat?

• Originally posted by nick1230 View Post
                        Got my invite for June 26th. I won't post my timeline, don't want to scare anyone haha, I'm a active duty applicant so it was stretched out.
                        Out of what area?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sergioo85 View Post

Out of what area?
                          Valley division. What about you?

Comment

• Sergioo85
                            Sergioo85 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I'm central. Fresno.

• Had my medical exam last week. Everything is fine except a little high cholesterol. I guess because I drink too much coffee and energy drink to handle both school and military.
                          Psych written this week. My BI is trying to get me into June class. Hope I can get it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5557 users online. 335 members and 5222 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X