Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I Got DQd on my final interview. Does anyone know how the appeals work and my chances of winning

Comment

• Those accepted, do you have a military and college background? Because I've thought about getting a degree in Criminal Justice and, if it helps, joining the army. Considering there's a page on CHP's website called "Military Recruiting," I thought it would help me in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Score555 View Post
        So I Got DQd on my final interview. Does anyone know how the appeals work and my chances of winning
        When you say final interview...do you mean with the BI at your house, or Psych?

Comment

• monsterdiv It was with my BI over the phone. I was an out of state applicant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Score555 View Post
            So I Got DQd on my final interview. Does anyone know how the appeals work and my chances of winning
            Unfortunately, I don't believe you can appeal a decision made during the background investigation phase of the process. Appeals are only for the psychological interview. Depending on what you were DQ'd for, your options are to apply to other agencies, or wait and reapply with CHP in the future.

Originally posted by Warpedent View Post
            Those accepted, do you have a military and college background? Because I've thought about getting a degree in Criminal Justice and, if it helps, joining the army. Considering there's a page on CHP's website called "Military Recruiting," I thought it would help me in the future.
            I am going to CTC 1-17 in a week and graduated with a bachelors in Criminal Justice but no military experience. Although having a bachelors degree benefited me in the hiring process, I wouldn't recommend a Criminal Justice degree just because you'll learn everything you need to know during the academy. I would suggest to make yourself a more well-rounded person and study something else viable like business, economics, biology, sociology, ect. This way you also have a backup plan in case law enforcement doesn't work out. Looking back on it I think choosing a different major would have been more beneficial for me, but a degree is a degree and having one definitely helped.

Comment

• Getting all my documents ready for my initial interview with BI. I'm having trouble finding the H6 (10 Year) print out though. Nothing on the dmv website has this H6 title on it. Tried calling but no answer. Any insight on how to obtain this form??

Comment

• Originally posted by Jabba Ranks View Post
                Getting all my documents ready for my initial interview with BI. I'm having trouble finding the H6 (10 Year) print out though. Nothing on the dmv website has this H6 title on it. Tried calling but no answer. Any insight on how to obtain this form??
                Go to DMV, I think they charge $10

Comment

• Originally posted by Jabba Ranks View Post
                  Getting all my documents ready for my initial interview with BI. I'm having trouble finding the H6 (10 Year) print out though. Nothing on the dmv website has this H6 title on it. Tried calling but no answer. Any insight on how to obtain this form??
                  Just a quick tip. Take the originals for for all your documentation, diplomas included (High School, JC or Univ. if applicable). I took in transcripts that as "degree awarded" on them and they still need to see the diplomas. like Monsterdiv said above you'll have to go in to DMV, the charged me $5.

good luck!

Comment

• Hey guys, first time posting, fairly new here. Got my written results back and rank

Comment

• Is CVSA going to be YES or NO questions? Or are they going to ask you about your replies?

Comment

• Yes and no questions. If you show deception on them you will get grilled. Just tell the truth and you'll be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by gilbygt View Post
                          Yes and no questions. If you show deception on them you will get grilled. Just tell the truth and you'll be fine.
                          Cool! Thanks Gil!!

Comment

• No problem. The group me app has made this page a little dry.lol. Everyone in the coming class is posting there instead of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by gilbygt View Post
                              No problem. The group me app has made this page a little dry.lol. Everyone in the coming class is posting there instead of this.
                              All good, I met few guys from my testing group...hopefully most of us will be in academy by June. And start our own group.

Comment

• Yeah that's how it usually goes. Time for the next group of applicants to start posting. Best of luck to all of you who start the academy this upcoming week. And thanks for all of the insight, advice and help during these past few weeks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3771 users online. 253 members and 3518 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X