300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by T_man88 View Post

I'm not too sure of the difference, but I didn't have an Orientation with my BI, he first scheduled me with an initial one on one interview in January, and all we did was go over my PHS and make sure it was complete. He then sent me home with additional paperwork to fill out and asked that it be turned in within a week or two. I think it all depends on the BI and their applicant workload. I believe the orientations are with a group of applicants and maybe it allows the BI to get the ball rolling with paperwork all in one appointment.
    Ok thank you for the information

Comment

• Updated timeline. I'll see you all soon!

CHP TIMELINE

080815 - APPLIED
      010916 - PAT
      011016 - WRITTEN
      020116 - TEST RESULTS - RANK 5
      032316 - SUBMITTED PHS
      052616 - BI QUESTIONNAIRE
      082316 - BI INTERVIEW
      092016 - CVSA / HOME VISIT / NEIGHBOR VISIT
      101116 - FINAL INTERVIEW
      101716 - PHYSICAL
      101916 - PSYCH WRITTEN
      112316 - PSYCHOLOGICAL SCREENING INTERVIEW
      121516 - PASSED PYSCH
      022317 - PASSED MEDICAL
      022317 - ACADEMY INVITE/ACCEPTED

Comment

• Can someone please add me to the private group created for the incoming class? Thanks!

Comment

• Academy invite/accepted 2/23/17. Please add me to the group as well. Cant wait! See you all soon!

Comment

• Matthewds31 Congrats you both!! Matthew turn on your PMs so I can get you in the group.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jagman View Post
              Matthewds31 Congrats you both!! Matthew turn on your PMs so I can get you in the group.
              Done, Thank you

Comment

• 022317 - Academy invite/accepted. Can someone please add me to the group as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by catching nasties View Post
                  022317 - Academy invite/accepted. Can someone please add me to the group as well.
                  Congrats! Check your PM.

Comment

• I would also like to get added to the group. Academy invitation accepted 02/23/2017

Comment

• Originally posted by Jmad559 View Post
                      I would also like to get added to the group. Academy invitation accepted 02/23/2017
                      Congrats!
                      Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
                      USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                      "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                      Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• Got my written results today. Passed with a rank 6. Does ranking so low lessen my chances of an academy invite?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jabba Ranks View Post
                          Got my written results today. Passed with a rank 6. Does ranking so low lessen my chances of an academy invite?
                          Im rank 6 as well...and I have seen other guys get the invite with the same rank. Just make sure that you stay in shape, be organized with all of your paperwork, and most important...be honest.

What division are you?

Comment

• The rank you receive does not determine your chances of making the academy, only the order in which you will proceed into backgrounds. Your background will be worked on and at that point it will be on all on you if you make it through. Check the CHP website and start getting all of the required documents together, and stay in shape. If your division offers APP workouts, get to every one possible. This is a long process with lots of time standing by however you should always stay prepared. Best of luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by monsterdiv View Post

Im rank 6 as well...and I have seen other guys get the invite with the same rank. Just make sure that you stay in shape, be organized with all of your paperwork, and most important...be honest.

What division are you?
                              I applied out of the Inland Division. How about you? And how far along are you in the process?

Jagman, thanks for the insight. I definitely plan on staying honest and organized. Don't want to blow my chance. I'll use the extra time to my advantage and increase my training. Good luck to you guys as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jabba Ranks View Post

I applied out of the Inland Division. How about you? And how far along are you in the process?

Jagman, thanks for the insight. I definitely plan on staying honest and organized. Don't want to blow my chance. I'll use the extra time to my advantage and increase my training. Good luck to you guys as well.
                                Im in Golden Gate Division...At the moment in backgrounds...hoping to move forward to the next step soon.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2531 users online. 192 members and 2339 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X