300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John923 View Post

Thanks! Yes they are two different things. The PHS is on the CHP careers website and was due before my background orientation for me. A BI questionnaire was given to me at the orientation and I was given 5 days to return it. This is how they are doing it in Border Division, but from what I've read it's different depending on which division you are out of. Goodluck!
    Thank you for the reply. Yeah that's interesting, Coastal Division is using an online system and that is where I submitted my PHS. It was very similar to the PHS on the CHP website, but appeared to go a little more into detail.

Comment

• If an applicant successfully passes all 5 phases of the application process, is he guaranteed an invitation to the academy?
      Or is there still a chance of not receiving an invite despite passing everything?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jabba Ranks View Post
        If an applicant successfully passes all 5 phases of the application process, is he guaranteed an invitation to the academy?
        Or is there still a chance of not receiving an invite despite passing everything?
        I would say essentially guaranteed because they are struggling to find qualified candidates to fill up the academy classes. There is no real waiting list. If you get through all the steps you'll get an invite. Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by John923 View Post

I would say essentially guaranteed because they are struggling to find qualified candidates to fill up the academy classes. There is no real waiting list. If you get through all the steps you'll get an invite. Good luck!
          That's great to know. Just took my Post pellet B written exam today. Have to wait for results. Looking forward to the opportunity of passing all 5 phases. One other question, does anyone know if knowing how to swim is necessary for the academy? Never learned unfortunately:/

Comment

• Originally posted by Jabba Ranks View Post

That's great to know. Just took my Post pellet B written exam today. Have to wait for results. Looking forward to the opportunity of passing all 5 phases. One other question, does anyone know if knowing how to swim is necessary for the academy? Never learned unfortunately:/
            There is swimming in the academy. Almost once per week I believe. There's going to be people of all skill levels so I'm sure it'll start off with the basics. If you're worried about it maybe take a swimming class beforehand. But there are a lot of other things you're going to want to worry about first. First things first hopefully you passed the test today and you don't have any disqualifying actions from your past. Demonstrate integrity and maturity during the background process.

Comment

• GoldenGate Division here, just want to post my timeline here on the 2017 thread, and looking forward to working with other applicants in the process, congrats to everyone headed to the March Academy!

APPLIED- 6/3/16
              PAT- 10/22/16
              WRITTEN - 10/23/16
              WRITTEN PASSED Rank 6- 11/02/16
              PHS SUBMITTED- 11/13/16
              FIRST CONTACT FROM BI- 12/20/16
              INITIAL INTERVIEW with BI- 1/10/17
              CVSA- TBA

Comment

• Anyone who has been invited to academy able to shed somebody light on the medical and psych portion of the testing? PM me thank you guys and good luck to everyone in the process

Comment

• Medical basically; Blood work, back x-rays, **** test, vision/hearing test, color blind test, Heart rate test, Knee reflexes test and hernia test. I believe that's it. I took it twice and I didn't get the ol finger in the butt though. Dr. said he only did it on the older gentle men.

As for psych; it's just a ton of questions. Over 800 but no one is allowed to tell you the questions or the content on it. Just answer truthfully. Then you get an interview and go over any redflags. For example; if you answer yes on seeing dead people you will have to explain yourself. Then the psych asks questions about your PHS, your childhood and basically trying to see how you were in the younger years. I suck at explaining things but I'm sure someone else will chime in. When I did my appeal the psych told me to have the attitude as if you were on vacation. Good luck!

Comment

• Lol thx bro, mainly the psych oral is what I was curious about. Seems like a lot of people run into problems there.

Comment

• Yeah. the psych is out of your control. I failed it twice and appealed the second time. And out of nowhere I got an email stating that they overturned it. I didn't even have to go through the appeal.

Comment

• Anyone else from here taking the Written in June? And did you order the chp test prep book from amazon by any chance?

Comment

• Originally posted by ChpReq View Post
                          Anyone else from here taking the Written in June? And did you order the chp test prep book from amazon by any chance?
                          I highly recommend ordering the book. The material is very good. You could even try other police test practice books, they all have good writing/vocab/reading comprehension/spelling/math exercises that will help you practice and get comfortable. I used both the CHP Test Prep and the California Police Officer Exam. Find your weakest areas and work a little extra on those. There are great apps and websites that focus specifically on vocab, grammar, math etc. Use all the resources available to you; if your division offers recruitment and written test seminars, go to them if you can. Start studying now. Study, study, study, and study some more, take it very seriously, the PELLET B can be a difficult test. I noticed you were an explorer, so you definitely have a foot ahead of the rest us as far as preparation. It is a long a process and you might hit some bumps along the way, but trust me, it will be very rewarding looking back at all the hard work you did to get through it all.

Comment

• What is the difference between the background orientation and initial interview? At my orientation my BI and I went over my PHS but i do not believe that was the initial interview as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by batman_robin View Post
                              What is the difference between the background orientation and initial interview? At my orientation my BI and I went over my PHS but i do not believe that was the initial interview as well.
                              I'm not too sure of the difference, but I didn't have an Orientation with my BI, he first scheduled me with an initial one on one interview in January, and all we did was go over my PHS and make sure it was complete. He then sent me home with additional paperwork to fill out and asked that it be turned in within a week or two. I think it all depends on the BI and their applicant workload. I believe the orientations are with a group of applicants and maybe it allows the BI to get the ball rolling with paperwork all in one appointment.
                              Last edited by T_man88; 02-23-2017, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChpReq View Post
                                Anyone else from here taking the Written in June? And did you order the chp test prep book from amazon by any chance?
                                I am taking the written in June out of Los Angeles, I haven't purchased the practice test yet but plan on it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4922 users online. 300 members and 4622 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X