SUBMITTED PHS : 8/6
    INITIAL INTERVIEW: 10/3
    CVSA: 11/4
    FINAL INTERVIEW: 11/23
    PSYCH WRITTEN: 12/2
    MEDICAL EVALUATION: 12/2
    PSYCH EVALUATION: 2/8

Comment

• Question for those of you who passed the PAT exam already. What will be the order of exercises in which they test us on? Will it be the mile and half run first?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jabba Ranks View Post
        Question for those of you who passed the PAT exam already. What will be the order of exercises in which they test us on? Will it be the mile and half run first?
        Look at the CHP website...it will give you everything in detail.

Comment

Question for those of you who passed the PAT exam already. What will be the order of exercises in which they test us on? Will it be the mile and half run first?
          I've done the PAT twice and the order was different both times. Order is not important as you are given enough time to recover. Just be prepared to complete each task as they come up.

Comment

• Originally posted by gilbygt View Post

Oh wow.. Thanks for that little gem. I'll be sure to spread the word. It just makes me wonder how many background investigators read our posts.
            I'm retired now, but throughout my career I did backgrounds for a couple of state agencies.
            Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

I did the PAT on 1/14 for Valley Division. It was the same order as the video on the CHP website. Push-ups, sit-ups, mile 1/2, 70 second or less run (300 meter??).
              You get at least 15 min between each segment.

Comment

• Originally posted by CIRE View Post

I did the PAT on 1/14 for Valley Division. It was the same order as the video on the CHP website. Push-ups, sit-ups, mile 1/2, 70 second or less run (300 meter??).
                You get at least 15 min between each segment.
                Thanks guys! Been training hard for this. Especially the running part lol

Comment

Thanks guys! Been training hard for this. Especially the running part lol
                  Make sure to get there early. When I tested in Sac at the Academy getting there an hour early was definitely worth it. Applicants were still waiting for there turn when I was done. Easily shaved off a couple hours of waiting.

Comment

• I found out that I cleared medical today. I have already been cleared from psych. Now just waiting for an academy invite. I hope there are still spots left for March. Last I heard around a week ago there were about 35 spots left. Tina from CHU is the one who handles sending out invites, but she won't be in until Monday 2/13 FYI.

Comment

• Originally posted by John923 View Post
                      I found out that I cleared medical today. I have already been cleared from psych. Now just waiting for an academy invite. I hope there are still spots left for March. Last I heard around a week ago there were about 35 spots left. Tina from CHU is the one who handles sending out invites, but she won't be in until Monday 2/13 FYI.
                      I'm in the same boat. Had to get fingerprinted again so I'm waiting for that to get back for the invite. Good word about her being out of the office.

Comment

• Originally posted by texaschips1911 View Post

I'm in the same boat. Had to get fingerprinted again so I'm waiting for that to get back for the invite. Good word about her being out of the office.
                        I see this sometimes, but what makes some applicants have to get fingerprinted again?

Comment

I see this sometimes, but what makes some applicants have to get fingerprinted again?
                          The only thing that I can think of is that they want to make sure that you haven't done anything bad in the mean time?

Comment

Your finger prints expire after a year in backgrounds. I did my first set well over a year ago.

Comment

• Unfortunately gentlemen I have been informed that I didn't pass the psych. I'm not going to let this keep me from pursuing my goals. I do plan on appealing the decision. Good luck to you guys still in the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wilhelm317 View Post
                                Unfortunately gentlemen I have been informed that I didn't pass the psych. I'm not going to let this keep me from pursuing my goals. I do plan on appealing the decision. Good luck to you guys still in the process.
                                Thats too bad to hear, dont give up yet. I also did mine on Tuesday but in Sacramento, how did you hear so fast? Did you get an email or some thing else?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2767 users online. 158 members and 2609 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X