Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I called CHU and was informed I passed psych today. I had the interview on 1/13/17. Waiting on medical clearance now because of an abnormal EKG. CHP doctor is supposedly coming into the office next on the week of Feb 13. Not sure on my chances of the March academy with only 35 spots left. Just a tip that if you have an abnormal EKG, a treadmill stress test usually isn't the only thing you have to do. I also had to get an echocardiogram (ultrasound of heart), but wasn't aware of this until I got a letter in the mail stating that the stress test wasn't enough. Apparently for me it's called benign early repolarization. 1 in 100 males have it, but it's harmless and my cardiologist cleared me for the academy.

Comment

• Will anyone else here be testing for the PAT/WRITTEN EXAM on Feb. 18th? Inland Division?

Comment

• There is a website run by and for CHP Officers called CHP Forums. It used to have a Hiring Forum that answered general questions from applicants about the California Highway Patrol. That forum was closed in 2008, but has just been reopened.

Officers there can post answers to your questions about working for the CHP, If you have a specific Recruitment question, it is best to check with Recruitment Officers on the official CHP site. Recruitment Officers that check the Hiring Forum can also answer your questions. You will know they are current Recruitment Officers because that title will show up in their post.

http://www.chpforums.com/forum/forum...Hiring-Process

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

• Originally posted by L-1 View Post
          There is a website run by and for CHP Officers called CHP Forums. It used to have a Hiring Forum that answered general questions from applicants about the California Highway Patrol. That forum was closed in 2008, but has just been reopened.

Officers there can post answers to your questions about working for the CHP, If you have a specific Recruitment question, it is best to check with Recruitment Officers on the official CHP site. Recruitment Officers that check the Hiring Forum can also answer your questions. You will know they are current Recruitment Officers because that title will show up in their post.

Wow! That could be really useful to some of us! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• Figured I would subscribe to this. I received an academy invite for march but had to waive it due to military service. Standing by awaiting that June invite now.

Comment

• I just received a call from PSP today! I have my psych evaluation tomorrow in the morning, In Rancho Cucamonga! I hope there is still room for the March Academy! They said I should have an answer by the end of the week from CHU!

Comment

• Originally posted by L-1 View Post
                There is a website run by and for CHP Officers called CHP Forums. It used to have a Hiring Forum that answered general questions from applicants about the California Highway Patrol. That forum was closed in 2008, but has just been reopened.

Oh wow.. Thanks for that little gem. I'll be sure to spread the word. It just makes me wonder how many background investigators read our posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jagman View Post
                  Everyone check your PM, we're starting a GroupMe for everyone that's headed to the March class.

Congratulations BlueandGold & linkinboys14.

***Here's an updated list of everyone headed to CTC I-17 so far.***

1. Nick213
                  2. immp20
                  3. OdiousJeeves17
                  4. sgjr25
                  5. Yamahauler
                  6. Lidiae1983
                  7. kitknox
                  8. Jagman
                  9. DocKay
                  10. nickwells55
                  11. Juan_92
                  12. BlueandGold
                  13. linkinboys14

Congrats to all of you!

Let me know if you get your invitation so I can add you to the list!! STAY MOTIVATED!!
                  You can add my name to this list good Sir.

Comment

• Originally posted by gilbygt View Post

Oh wow.. Thanks for that little gem. I'll be sure to spread the word. It just makes me wonder how many background investigators read our posts.
                    All of them...

Comment

• Update: 02/07/2017

Golden Gate Division

Applied: 07/2016
                      PAT: 10/22/2016
                      Written: 10/23/2015
                      Rank Results Rank 6: 11/02/2016
                      Rank Results: 11/03/2016
                      Background Contact: 11/03/2016
                      Submitted PHS: 11/15/2016
                      Background Orientation: 01/19/2017
                      Background Orientation (Part II): 02/05/17
                      Live Scan (Finger Prints): 02/06/17
                      Initial Interview with the BI: TBA
                      Reference Letters Sent Out: TBA
                      CSVA: TBA
                      Final Interview: TBA
                      Psych Written: TBA
                      Medical exam: TBA
                      Psych Oral: TBA

Comment

• Why did you get 2 background orientations? what did the second one consist of?

Comment

• Congratulations JChrisCHP & D_Lopez000

***Here's an updated list of everyone headed to CTC I-17 so far.***

1. Nick213
                          2. immp20
                          3. OdiousJeeves17
                          4. sgjr25
                          5. Yamahauler
                          6. Lidiae1983
                          7. kitknox
                          8. Jagman
                          9. DocKay
                          10. nickwells55
                          11. Juan_92
                          12. BlueandGold
                          13. linkinboys14
                          14. JChrisCHP
                          15. D_Lopez000

Congrats to all of you!

Let me know if you get your invitation so I can add you to the list!! STAY MOTIVATED!!

Comment

• Originally posted by gilbygt View Post
                            Why did you get 2 background orientations? what did the second one consist of?
                            I had to finish my paperwork...2 sessions 4 hour each

Comment

• Originally posted by Wilhelm317 View Post
                              I just received a call from PSP today! I have my psych evaluation tomorrow in the morning, In Rancho Cucamonga! I hope there is still room for the March Academy! They said I should have an answer by the end of the week from CHU!
                              Good luck today!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jagman View Post

Good luck today!
                                Just finished my psych evaluation. I feel it went well! Basically just went over my phs and answered a few questions from the psych written. I'm hoping to get an answer soon and join you gentlemen in March!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4566 users online. 304 members and 4262 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X