Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens to ticket when tint isnt taken off?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens to ticket when tint isnt taken off?

I got a carpool lane violation in January with a tint violation. I extended my ticket twice and have a court date in a few weeks (I know, I know) . I thought that all i would have to do is take off the tint before I go to court. I was recently informed that it is too late for the fix-it part and I will get a fine.
    My question is, Is this true and If so, how much will the fine be?
    Honestly, I still haven't taken the tint off. Can I still take it off and get it checked by a local PD?

Thank You Very Much!!
    "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
    Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

"I've got 2 guns, one for each of ya." Doc Holliday (Val)

First of all, take off the tint. You have already asked for two extensions and still haven't bothered to obey the law and remove it. Depending on which county you are in the fine is about $100 (Kern County Bail schedule lists total bail including court costs at $99) and you will still need to remove it. The judge will probably not like it when they ask if the tint is gone and you say no. If you are stopped again you can also be issued a different citation for failing to comply with the first one.

As far as any specific questions about your ticket you should call the courthouse clerk or it should have been on the paperwork mailed to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzz
      First of all, take off the tint. You have already asked for two extensions and still haven't bothered to obey the law and remove it. Depending on which county you are in the fine is about $100 (Kern County Bail schedule lists total bail including court costs at $99) and you will still need to remove it. The judge will probably not like it when they ask if the tint is gone and you say no. If you are stopped again you can also be issued a different citation for failing to comply with the first one.

As far as any specific questions about your ticket you should call the courthouse clerk or it should have been on the paperwork mailed to you.

Thank You very much... The tint will be taken off in a few days... There is no way that I will go to court with that still on. Should I still get it checked by the local PD?
      "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."

Comment

The deputies should have a vehicle inspection station at the courthouse. Ask them.
        God made perfect cops.......The rest he put in cars.

Comment

Originally posted by vtecflip
          My question is, Is this true and If so, how much will the fine be?
          I'm pretty sure you only have 21 days to get it corrected.

I recieved a tint citation from a CHP officer about two and a half years ago. He marked it "incorrectable" and my fine was in the $120-$150 range. I'm not sure what county your from but I'd imagine it would be around the same price.

Comment

Originally posted by a7x
            I'm pretty sure you only have 21 days to get it corrected.

I recieved a tint citation from a CHP officer about two and a half years ago. He marked it "incorrectable" and my fine was in the $120-$150 range. I'm not sure what county your from but I'd imagine it would be around the same price.

I figured that. I never had a fix-it ticket before and just figured I could go ahead and do it when I got to court. Oh well. Thanks for the info

Comment

Fix-it's usually have the dead-line on the back, and tinting is usually a big deal around here.

I wouldn't wait for your court date, get it removed,and signed off before your appearance.
              Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7696 users online. 167 members and 7529 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X